• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Restructuring Drew's contract ensures he will be here through 2006

IMO, this takes the possibility of getting Drew out of here off the board...

1. Losman is a rookie...some say with many faults...he is not ready to be thrown to the wolves...

2. Except Brady what rookie has come in and led a team to a SB appearance/win?

3. Getting rid of DB now or at the end of the year leads to:

A. Starting Losman (see 1 & 2)
    B. Getting another veteran to come in for 2 or 3 years to "hold the place" for Losman

Thus, by restructuring the deal it is ensured that DB is the QB in 2004 and 2005...with good odds that he will be the backup or starter in 2006. Then Losman can step up and contribute without the Bills being in rebuild mold.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • Bled2Hen
    • Mar 2004

YES!
    D-Bled hands off to T-Hen Touchdown! Buffalo. They win again!!!

Comment

• doug45
      • Jul 2002

The BIlls chances of a turn around just keep getting less.

Comment

• Shiny Chicken
        Shinier than your mom
        • Jul 2002

I like it!

Comment

• Shiny Chicken
          Shinier than your mom
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by doug45
          The BIlls chances of a turn around just keep getting less.

Haha... now I definitely like it if doug45 doesn't

Comment

• carybillsfan
            • Aug 2003

Brady was not a rookie when the pats won the superbowl, I believe Marino is the only rookie to lead his team to the superbowl!

Comment

• doug45
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Shiny Chicken

Haha... now I definitely like it if doug45 doesn't

Personal attacks as always I see. Things have really gone down hill since the TOS were tossed a while ago. It's too bad what started out to be a great site has become the site we left.

Agree or be attacked.

Comment

• Shiny Chicken
                Shinier than your mom
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by doug45
                Personal attacks as always I see. Things have really gone down hill since the TOS were tossed a while ago. It's too bad what started out to be a great site has become the site we left.

Agree or be attacked.
                LOL... I'm not attcking you... it was good-natured ribbing... I was merely pointing out the fact that I almost ALWAYS disagree with you... take that as an attack if you will... but I would say that's being a little over-sensitive.

Comment

• Shiny Chicken
                  Shinier than your mom
                  • Jul 2002

d45... I'd like you to find one other poster on this board that has ever known me to be anything but civil or ever seen me actually all out attack someone.... I"m sorry if you can't take a benevolent joke.

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                    • Jul 2002

so if Drew has repeat of last season you think they will still keep him?

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Fairway To Green
                      so if Drew has repeat of last season you think they will still keep him?
                      I don't think MM will have a problem moving him to back-up.
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                        • Mar 2004

whoa whoa whoa.....

EVERYONE should be happy about this. Even if you dislike drew. this saves us money and he did they right thing.

If he plays bad he will be gone. If you ar unhappy he was given 1 more chance well go sit in the corner and cry. otherwise, this si nothign but good news.

Like is say. nothing gurantees him the starting job and rister spot except playing well.

Comment

• Demon
                          • Mar 2003

Personally, i want to see what Bledsoe can do with Mularkey, esspicially if Lee Evens and Willis McGahee are healthy. This could be an amazing offense.

Mularkey got Tommy Maddox to play 1 amazing season, i'm sure he can get Bledsoe to work some magic also.
                          Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• The_Philster
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                            2. Except Brady what rookie has come in and led a team to a SB appearance/win?
                            Actually, that was Brady's second year in the league. He spent 2000 learning from Drew.
                            Originally posted by Canadian'eh!
                            whoa whoa whoa.....

EVERYONE should be happy about this. Even if you dislike drew. this saves us money and he did they right thing.

If he plays bad he will be gone. If you ar unhappy he was given 1 more chance well go sit in the corner and cry. otherwise, this si nothign but good news.

Like is say. nothing gurantees him the starting job and rister spot except playing well.
                            Some people either have some kind of personal grudge against the guy or else think Kordell Stewart was a better QB...
                            Originally posted by Demon
                            Personally, i want to see what Bledsoe can do with Mularkey, esspicially if Lee Evens and Willis McGahee are healthy. This could be an amazing offense.

Mularkey got Tommy Maddox to play 1 amazing season, i'm sure he can get Bledsoe to work some magic also.
                            Stewart as well...that's 2 mediocre QBs who have played great under Mularkey.
                            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster

Stewart as well...that's 2 mediocre QBs who have played great under Mularkey.

Name one?

Comment

Working...
                              X