PDA

View Full Version : The Next Big Thing...

STAMPY
04-27-2004, 03:42 PM
LESNAR TURNS DOWN OFFER FROM CHIEFS; S.I. TO PICK UP STORY
By: 1Wrestling.com
4/27/2004 1:30:29 PM

Today's Pioneer Press, out of St. Paul, MN, has a blurb in the sports page regarding Brock Lesnar turning down an opportunity to train with the Kansas City Chiefs. Lesnar decided to continue his training in Phoenix and is hopeful to get a private tryout with the Minnesota Vikings.

Vikings Head Coach Mike Tice has finally conceded that Lesnar is a prospect. "Why not?" Tice said. "Everything intrigues me if it helps us win another game."

Sports Illustrated will be on hand to cover Lesnar's attempt to get into the NFL.

STAMPY
04-27-2004, 03:49 PM
Lets bring him in for a try out, what do we got to lose. Look at him he's a monster, and he was an NCAA champ in college wrestling too. Pro wrestling is the toughest form of athletism around. the wear & tear on the body, night in night out, No OFF SEASON. Granted it's scripted, the action is FAR FROM SOFT. Rent BEYOND THE MAT if u don't believe me. Brock is built like a body builder but as agile as a cruiser weight. He did a moonsault off the top rope at Wrestlemania 19. It was sick. Imagine him playing FB. Ha ha, Worth a shot

L.A. Playa
04-27-2004, 03:50 PM
Let him wrestle Krumrie see who wins, put him on PS for a year no risk involved

Aero II
04-27-2004, 03:52 PM
How great would the press conferences bee then?!?

"Well, Bob Trimble, when I get Ricky out on the Gridiron............"

The Spaz
04-27-2004, 04:09 PM
I bet Tim Anderson a real wrestler would kick his ass!:up:

STAMPY
04-27-2004, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
I bet Tim Anderson a real wrestler would kick his ass!:up:

Was Tim Andrerson the NCAA Champion at the University of Minnesota?

The Spaz
04-27-2004, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
Was Tim Andrerson the NCAA Champion at the University of Minnesota?

Tim Anderson was an All-American and undefeated state heavyweight wrestling champion in high scholl then he obviously followed his football pursuit.

STAMPY
04-27-2004, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Tim Anderson was an All-American and undefeated state heavyweight wrestling champion in high scholl then he obviously followed his football pursuit.

Big difference between College success & HS

The Spaz
04-27-2004, 07:36 PM
Big difference between College success & HS

I'm just saying that he probably could have been a good to greta wrestler too. Besides I bet Brock Lesnar was the same size as Tim Anderson until he started popping the roids.

chubluv
04-27-2004, 10:46 PM
I wonder how well he would do. For instance if someone got by him would he clothsline them like in that movie the longest yard?, or would he leg whip them and get the 15 yard penalty?

Hes gonna bodyslam a ref when he gets called for a penalty. I can see the story & highlites on sports center now. Jenon Kearse would have to give up the nickname the freak because Lesnar would be the biggest Freak of them all...

B-DON
04-28-2004, 12:13 AM
he is going to be that big once he gets to the NFL and has to stop using steroids

mypoorfriendme
04-28-2004, 12:36 AM
i gurentee he wont make a team. to be a good football player, it requires experience, knowledge, and passion for the game. i doubt lesnar has much if any

Samphin1
04-28-2004, 01:02 AM
While I find this Lesnar debacle to be just that, a debacle. I don't doubt his athleticism. I think in equal competitions on neutral grounds, he can hold his own with any superstar in the NFL. Whether it be sprinting against men his size, or lifting against men his size. I doubt he has the football techniques to really make a splash, but I wouldn't put it past him.

Some team might stick him on the PS or low end of the active roster ( deactivated most likely) as a pub stunt o something.

I had the "privelage" of wrestling Brock back when I was in high school and he in college. He used to help coach summer wrestling camps throughout the nation sponsered by his college coach, Jeff Robinson. The dude is as big as advertised and that much better. He and a guy named Tim Hartung literally took on and beat about 200 high schoolers. Some were bad, but some of those high schoolers went on to have excellent careers as well. The guy is a genetic and athletic freak.

BTW, I was also a pro wrestler for a few years so I can vouche that the pain you go through is un matched in any other sport or activity. At least one's I have tried anyway.

But as your resident "unbiased" GM here. I say pass on this. Unless of course, you want to give someone a first round draft pick or something for him, then by all means... :lol:

BuffaloRanger
04-28-2004, 02:27 AM
He will only play for Minny. It's Minny first and only.

Cntrygal
04-28-2004, 03:37 AM
LESNAR TURNS DOWN OFFER FROM CHIEFS; S.I. TO PICK UP STORY
By: 1Wrestling.com
4/27/2004 1:30:29 PM

Today's Pioneer Press, out of St. Paul, MN, has a blurb in the sports page regarding Brock Lesnar turning down an opportunity to train with the Kansas City Chiefs. Lesnar decided to continue his training in Phoenix and is hopeful to get a private tryout with the Minnesota Vikings.

Vikings Head Coach Mike Tice has finally conceded that Lesnar is a prospect. "Why not?" Tice said. "Everything intrigues me if it helps us win another game."

Sports Illustrated will be on hand to cover Lesnar's attempt to get into the NFL.

Lets bring him in for a try out, what do we got to lose.

Okay... I read the first post, made it to the second.... backed up and reread the first. He turned DOWN KC and WANTS a tryout with the Vikes..... WHY would he want to come here for a try out?

chubluv
04-28-2004, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by Cntrygal

Okay... I read the first post, made it to the second.... backed up and reread the first. He turned DOWN KC and WANTS a tryout with the Vikes..... WHY would he want to come here for a try out?

Hes from minnesota. Brock won national wrestling championship while at unv of minn.

Gunzlingr
04-28-2004, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Cntrygal

He is from Webster, South Dakota. Wrestled at the U of M. Huge vikes fan, and wants to stay close to home.

Samphin1
04-28-2004, 10:48 AM
Well, seeing how he has a bunch of factors already against him. I don't think demanding where you want to play is going to go in his favor. Oh well, I suppose he could prove me wrong.

SABURZFAN
04-28-2004, 02:23 PM
lesnar should just stick to wrestling.

ryjam282
04-28-2004, 02:54 PM
He quit wrestling after the last Wrestlemania to pursue an NFL career, or so he says.

STAMPY
04-28-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by ryjam282
He quit wrestling after the last Wrestlemania to pursue an NFL career, or so he says.

i was at WRESTLEMANIA... 25,000 chanted YOU SOLD OUT!!! and turned there back to his last match in his career. He looked ticked off, he was a great performer in WWE, but he spit on the faces of all the wrestlers that made him. In wrestling theres something known as a receipt. On your way out your suppose to put over the guys that made you. Brock never did that. He never paid his dues. I still think the guys great, but he was wrong on how he managed his career