X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

OK.. I am just going to say this...

What Drew did (assuming all the posts about him dropping his salary down to 3.5 million dollars a year) was a very decent and team oriented thing to do.

I will be the first to admit, when drew has all day in the pocket, he can be a great qb. now that should be the case for every qb in the nfl, but i know it to be a fact with drew.. i have seen it. if you give him time, he can do fairly well.

You guys get so wrapped up in the "drew hater" **** like Fairway, Draftboy, or myself actually want the guy dead or something, which is far from the truth. I simply dont want him as our qb, but i will root for him just the same.

With the current situation, again, assuming that the initial reports on Drew's salary has been cut and not just moved around, we should have the money to make a move to resign schobel and maybe jennings. that would be a big deal for this franchise. I can say that i like the fact that Drew did this, because he is respected by the players, and hopefully others will follow suit. He is obviously finacially set for life, and as he stated himself.. money doesnt mean a whole lot.. winning does.

I hope he is able to put together a good season, and the coaches dont rely on him to win games, by letting Henry and McGahee pound the rock all year. Drew could be good in that kind of scenario, throwing the ball over peoples heads while they are staring at our RBs on the playfake.

I hope we use this extra money to maybe add just one more stud on the oline and use all the rest to resign our three big FA's next year (Patt williams, Schobel, and Jennings).

So, kudo's to Drew for helping the team out and here is to a good season for him.

"All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Excellent post!

Comment

• buffmaniac
      • May 2003

That's a good post and I understand where you are coming from. Just do me favor and name me some QBs who have success without good OL play.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
        • Aug 2003

One thing about Tatonka he has strong opinions but also has sense, some people throw out stupid stats all day long but when it comes down to it chemistry and team unity mean alot more than stats. Is Drew the greatest QB of alltime, NO, but can this team win with him, YES, time to see what our new staff is made of can they bring this team together and play on the players strengths or will they fail to execute again???? There should be alot of excitement for Bills fans these days things are starting to come together

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

I never saw you guys as Drew haters.

Freakin Drew despisers
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• L.A. Playa
            • Aug 2003

Originally posted by buffmaniac
            That's a good post and I understand where you are coming from. Just do me favor and name me some QBs who have success without good OL play.
            Mike Vick, and probably alot of scrambling QB's but I don't beleiev any scrambling QB's ever won the SB Elway was past his scrambling days when he did

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by pmacla
              Mike Vick, and probably alot of scrambling QB's but I don't beleiev any scrambling QB's ever won the SB Elway was past his scrambling days when he did
              Name me any team that went to the Super Bowl, regardless of QB- that had crappy OL play

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by buffmaniac
                great qbs are successful every year no matter what.. guys like marino, farve, ect.. did it ever matter that they didnt have great rbs every year.. or that their olines werent the best every year? bledsoe can be a decent qb, but he will never be a hall of famer. the only way i could possibly see it happen is if he were able to win a couple superbowls of his own before he retired, like elway did.

but if you think that the oline is going to be drastically improved from last year? we swapped villarrial for pucillo and ruben brown for sullivan. do you think that is enough that drew can't blame the oline? just curious.

i will also say this.. the restructuring really doesnt bother me, BECAUSE.. regardless of what his deal is.. if he puts up back to back horrid seasons, with a first round pick qb waiting on the bench, he will be sat down and the young gun will get a chance next year. the only way for drew to keep that from happening is for him to keep his turnovers down. i dont even care if the guy only throws 20td.. as long as he has less than 10 total turnovers (ints and fumbles). if i have to sit through his almost 2 turnovers a game average like this last year (24 turnovers in 16 games), i will just be sick.

but mularky says he is going with players who produce.. so i will assume that he means it.. so either drew plays good or he wont be around long.. and he saved us some money by restructuring in the mean time.
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                  • Aug 2003

Football is the consumate team game, Jim Kelly, Marino, Favre etc would have had a hard time winning with our coaches gameplans and their failure to execute their minds to devise a system a 3rd grader could defend, coaching was seriously lacking as well as leadership from the coaching staff last year the only difference Kelly Marino or favre might have done was to knock out KG and GW but win-loss probably wouldnt have changed not totally Drew fault he just wasnt vocal enough and let GW put all blame on him

Comment

• Halbert
                    I'm Not Normal
                    • Jul 2002

The clouds parted and the sun shone through.

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by pmacla
                      Football is the consumate team game, Jim Kelly, Marino, Favre etc would have had a hard time winning with our coaches gameplans and their failure to execute their minds to devise a system a 3rd grader could defend, coaching was seriously lacking as well as leadership from the coaching staff last year the only difference Kelly Marino or favre might have done was to knock out KG and GW but win-loss probably wouldnt have changed not totally Drew fault he just wasnt vocal enough and let GW put all blame on him

i would have had a ton more respect for drew if he would have called out the coaching staff.. i am not a fan of guys like ty law calling out his coaches ect.. BUT in a case like last year.. where it was so absolutely obvious that gilbride and williams were killing this team, someone HAD to stand up.. anyone.. and the one guy that did, ruben.. got shut down and kicked out of town.. i still to this day dont know why he hasnt just come out and said what happened.. i guess there was no need to, because they were fired.. but our season could have been saved last year if one of the damn leaders on the team just sacked up.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                        great qbs are successful every year no matter what.. guys like marino, farve, ect.. did it ever matter that they didnt have great rbs every year.. or that their olines werent the best every year? bledsoe can be a decent qb, but he will never be a hall of famer. the only way i could possibly see it happen is if he were able to win a couple superbowls of his own before he retired, like elway did.
                        No they're not . Steve Young in Tampa Bay for example.

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Halbert
                          The clouds parted and the sun shone through.
                          let me ask you something, now that we are all on the same page.

Our wrs are loaded. our rbs are more than loaded. we have a good te, and added 2 more good ones. villarrial has replaced pucillo. sullivan has replaced ruben.. we have the best oline coach in the league.. our defense should stay top 10 if not better.

so my quesitons are..

1) does drew have any excuses for this year?

2) if he ends up with more turnovers than touchdowns.. then what?

3) If he ends up playing around 2003's level, how much blame to you put on the coaches for thinking they could change him, and TD for keeping him around?

i would like to hear from savior and others on this. dont start slinging ****.. just answer the two questions.

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                            No they're not . Steve Young in Tampa Bay for example.
                            point taken.. but he was basically an nfl rookie, newbie at the time.. no?

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                              point taken.. but he was basically an nfl rookie, newbie at the time.. no?
                              He had the same experience as Kelly- a couple of years in the USFL. He was there for a number of years, not just 1 or 2

Comment

Working...
                              X