PDA

View Full Version : Former Bill Newman Released

Aero II
04-27-2004, 07:39 PM
QB Kittner, three others released

NFL.com wire reports

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. (April 27, 2004) -- The Atlanta Falcons released two-year veteran Kurt Kittner three days after drafting quarterback Matt Schaub in the third round.

The team also cut linebacker Keith Newman, punter Jonathan Kilgo and receiver John Lewis.
http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/ATL/7288565

Canadian'eh!
04-27-2004, 07:49 PM
I wouldn't mind bringing Newman back as long as he's clean and comes at a bargain price. Atlanta gave up on him too quick. he'd be good depth and ST.

The_Philster
04-27-2004, 08:12 PM
Well, we lost DaShon Polk to the Texans..we could use a backup at SLB

Turf
04-27-2004, 08:46 PM
Goodbye Newman.

Mr. Miyagi
04-27-2004, 08:46 PM
Bring him back at bargain price. He knows the system so the learning curve is nil. That's provided he's healthy.

Mr. Miyagi
04-27-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Turf
Goodbye Newman.
http://www.movieprop.com/tvandmovie/Seinfeld/newman.jpg

The Spaz
04-27-2004, 08:49 PM
He knows the system? I thought he was let go the first year Gregg Williams took over.

The Spaz
04-27-2004, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Canadian'eh!
I wouldn't mind bringing Newman back as long as he's clean and comes at a bargain price. Atlanta gave up on him too quick. he'd be good depth and ST.

Did we give up on him too quickly too, or isn't he really that good? I wouldn't mind him as a depth player though.

The_Philster
04-27-2004, 08:51 PM
He was ok...nothing great but he would be worth bringing back at a lower cost.

Originally posted by The Spaz
He knows the system? I thought he was let go the first year Gregg Williams took over.

nope..only been gone a year. His departure opened the hole for Jeff Posey

HenryRules
04-27-2004, 08:54 PM

Did we give up on him too quickly too, or isn't he really that good? I wouldn't mind him as a depth player though.

I think he was a flash-in-the-pan sort of guy. He's only had one above average season, the rest of his years he's been no better than 45 or 50 other OLB's in the league.

I'd rather stick with what we have than bring him back.

The_Philster
04-27-2004, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by HenryRules
I think he was a flash-in-the-pan sort of guy. He's only had one above average season, the rest of his years he's been no better than 45 or 50 other OLB's in the league.

I'd rather stick with what we have than bring him back. That's just it...we lost our primary backup at SLB. The top option we have on the roster right now appears to be Josh Stamer.

The Spaz
04-27-2004, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
He was ok...nothing great but he would be worth bringing back at a lower cost.

nope..only been gone a year. His departure opened the hole for Jeff Posey

Oh wow it seemed longer than that my bad!:beers:

The_Philster
04-27-2004, 09:07 PM
Oh wow it seemed longer than that my bad!:beers:

last year DID drag on a while at that. ;)

HenryRules
04-27-2004, 09:08 PM
That's just it...we lost our primary backup at SLB. The top option we have on the roster right now appears to be Josh Stamer.

I forgot Polk left.

The Spaz
04-27-2004, 09:09 PM
last year DID drag on a while at that. ;)

Eeeshh it sure did!:dizzy::puke:

The_Philster
04-27-2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by HenryRules
I forgot Polk left.
pays to read the thread ;)

:jk: with ya..to be honest, I only saw it just before I posted it..I have yet to see any transactions on the deal. :scratch:

justasportsfan
04-27-2004, 09:20 PM
Josh Stamer has been great at ST. He's shown some potential last year. Could be the reason why we let Polk go.

Iehoshua
04-27-2004, 09:40 PM
Let's re-sign Eddie Robinson while we're at it so we can watch Chad Pennington break his ankles scurrying into the end zone again!
:snicker2: