PDA

View Full Version : OT-Sabres Last In Attendance

Buffarama
10-22-2002, 06:59 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/attendance?year=2003

Ingtar33
10-22-2002, 07:39 AM
thats a good way to loose a team buffalo...

Novacane
10-22-2002, 08:42 AM
IF this team would put in a consistant effort I would go. I am not gonna shell out the $$$ they charge when you never know if the team is gonna show up or not. They get you excited with an awesome start and then back to the same old Sabres the last 3 games. I'll by a 10 pack if they go a 10 game stretch with good efforts every game. I am not saying I expect a win every game but an effort would be nice. The chicago and Phoenix games this team did not even show up. Same old story! I don't know if it's Ruff or just a bunch of players that don't really don't have much pride.

Earthquake Enyart
10-22-2002, 08:51 AM
You have to look past the petty BS of the here and now. If you want a team in Buffalo in the future you have to go now. The league and prospective buyers are watching. Plain and simple. I'm not gonna listen to you guys cry when the team leaves.

Rude American
10-22-2002, 09:02 AM
Since the sabres aren't my team, my philosophy was always that I was going to see the visiting team. I've seen Gretz, JR, Larmer et al, Joe Sakic, and my boy Owen Nolan. On Nov. 15th I'll go see Sundin and the eagle.

Buffarama
10-22-2002, 09:46 AM
The fans, if there are any, need to stop being petty and decide whether they can live without hockey in their city.
The lack of ownership and direction hurts, I know. I'm aware. We're all aware. But this is one of those situations that is snowballing into negativity. Not only when you pay $40-90 a ticket, do you want to see a good product on the ice, you also don't expect to be there alone. The more people stay away, the less that go because no one else is. It's depressing to see half a house full.
This contempt and crying of the Buffalonians and in the media is nothing short of immaturity. Get over it. We got jammed and duped by a bad owner.
Get up, wipe yourselves off, stand on your feet, and react. Quit wallowing about the past!! Everyone needs to look to the future and do something that requires a vision of the future for the city and community.

Earthquake Enyart
10-22-2002, 09:47 AM
Atta boy, buff.

That's what I've been saying....

clumping platelets
10-22-2002, 11:51 AM
300 level are less than $30

Ebby & I are sharing seasons with someone. It's really difficult to buy season tickets because of how many games there are....41. No way in he!! I could go to that many games, let alone the financial investment in said season tickets

Our first game is tonight :)

Kick Philly's A$$

Ð
10-22-2002, 12:38 PM
That's a great way to go to a lot of games. My dad had Leafs seasons that he split with 6 other guys at work, so it wasn't a big financial hardship & we got to go to @ a dozen games a year.

I think I saw the Minnesota North Stars @ 200 times growing up LOL. The only worse team was (at the time) the Red Wings. God they were pathetic in the late 70's/80's

Ingtar33
10-23-2002, 03:24 AM
This whole situation is reminding me more and more of the North Stars... same type of city... same type of fans... heck they were only 3 years removed from a cup run when they moved to big D because they couldn't sell any tickets. Guess what Buffalo, I own season tickets and give mine away... I'm almost never in Buffalo (during the football season), but this team is important to me so I bite the bullet every year. I heard the attendance was only 10,000 for the Phili game tonight. That is pathetic. I'd hate to loose the Sabres but that IS what will happen if you guys don't support them.

Bledsoetoreed,
This isn't a situation where the owners are holding a gun to your head and saying buy tickets or else. This is a situation where the team is loosing money. And regardless the "noble" motivations of the local businessman who ends up with them, I doubt he would tolerate loosing millions, year after year for long. By not buying tickets you don't force the team to change its players, or style... you're insuring that they leave town in a year or two. That is a fact. In essence by staying away in hope that the team improves, you're guaranteeing that you'll loose the team forever. Sorry but your logic escapes me.

BTW: I understand if there are Sabres fans who live outside the area, or cant afford the tickets... most of the seats are quite pricy. What I don't understand is this wait and see attitude displayed by most fans... as if the situation will be helped in anyway by not buying tickets.

casdhf
10-23-2002, 08:41 AM
If someone would gladly give me the money to buy season tickets, I would definately do it.

Sabre Ally
10-23-2002, 02:47 PM
ditto.....I can't even afford a 10-pack in the nosebleed sections

casdhf
10-24-2002, 08:22 AM
Your glow is gay. Mine is awesome. :bowl:

Rude American
10-24-2002, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by casdhf
Your glow is gay. Mine is awesome. :bowl:

Your glow is going to get you my boot up yer as[Error. Undeliverable text.]

Novacane
10-25-2002, 07:33 PM
Give me a break with the preaching guys! I'm not gonna pay for a crappy product. If they don't put a good product on the ice game in and game out than let them leave. I enjoy a sabres game but I'm not gonna shed any tears if they leave town.

Buffarama
10-25-2002, 09:17 PM
Then you can go to sleep with your dollar bill underneath your pillow. But you won't have an arena to go to, a hockey team to cheer for, a team to complain about, or a forum called Buffalo Sabres to spew off about.

Novacane
10-26-2002, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Buffarama
Then you can go to sleep with your dollar bill underneath your pillow. But you won't have an arena to go to, a hockey team to cheer for, a team to complain about, or a forum called Buffalo Sabres to spew off about.

ANd life will go on!

BironsGirl43
10-26-2002, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Buffarama

Oh HELL YEAH!! I totally agree!!!!!! :hail:

Earthquake Enyart
10-26-2002, 04:06 PM
That's ok. You guys can wait and spend less to see Rochester, Grand Rapids, Albany, and Kalamazoo.

Novacane
10-26-2002, 05:03 PM
For all you that do go to the games that is great. Good for you.

Just don't get upset at the people who don't care as much as you do.

Buffarama
10-26-2002, 07:25 PM
Like I said in the other thread B2R6, you're method is not accomplishing anything. Go count your pennies. For someone who doesn't care, you sure have enough posted enough times.

Novacane
10-28-2002, 01:08 PM
Read my whole statement buff.............I said I don't care as much as other people do.. BTW...............I am in the majority or that arena would be full.