PDA

View Full Version : Are JR and JO in danger?

lordofgun
07-25-2002, 10:35 AM
With Riemersma and Ostroski on the Physically Unable to Perform list, does that decrease their chances of making the team?

Obviously, it opens the door for some of the yournger guys to show their stuff with more reps, but I can't see it costing JR and Os their jobs.

I would like the Bills to keep both! Os is a very valuable and versatile lineman and Riemersma will be Drew's go-to guy, IMO.

BigMike68
07-25-2002, 10:38 AM
I hope not LORD i thnik JR is alot like Winter Coates that Bledsoe had in NE. And O is a great player too.

WG
07-25-2002, 10:42 AM
I'm tellin' ya though Mike, Moore is even more like Coates. You gotta watch him play. He's lot more intense than JR and I'm tellin' that he can catch just as well.

He did pretty well considering that he wasn't even one of the main offensive weapons in T.B. To have put up those kind of numbers w/o having been an integral part of thier game plan, he can easily double what he did there. If that happens, he'll make the ProBowl on performance.

I think it will. He's more versatile and 3 times the blocker that JR is. JR's blocking skills barely show up on the radar screen.

I'm really lookin' forward to see how Moore fits in. The only other TE that I would have preferred would have been Freddie Jones. I'm still not sure why we didn't go after him, but Moore's just a solid w/o perhaps that level of athleticism. But JR ain't Jones either.

lordofgun
07-25-2002, 10:58 AM
Is it just me or is JR a REAAAALLLYY SLOOOOOOOWW healer?

HenryRules
07-25-2002, 11:47 AM
I'm not sure about JR being cut, because we've heard all summer long about how the Bills plan on using 2 TE sets a lot and I don' think they want to change their offensive philosophy as training camp starts. Maybe they were just blowing smoke about the 2 TE sets, but I think if they were, they would have cut JR earlier.

As for JO, for a player getting up there in age as he is and having had injury problems last year as well. I don't think this bodes well for him at all.

SoCalBillsFan
07-25-2002, 12:00 PM
when can they come of the PUP list? whenever they are better? I thought once you were on it you couldn't play all year, or is that only once the season starts?

lordofgun
07-25-2002, 12:01 PM
With the preseason PUP list, they can come off whenever they are ready.

JefftheBillsfan
07-25-2002, 12:15 PM
I would like to see JO back. I wouldn't mind seeing one of the two of Centers and Riems. gone because they are going to cut into each other's playing time anyways.

Michael82
07-25-2002, 12:21 PM
Just for the record...both Jerry Ostroski AND Jay Riemersma are in camp and were on the sidelines! I saw them both and both of them said they are doing better and should be able to participate in camp soon. :up:

northernbillfan
07-25-2002, 12:26 PM
Drew will be happy with JR. He will be the Ben Coates DB had in NE.

IMO, JR is a much better TE than BC, and when Drew finds out the magic between them, JR will have a career high season.

JefftheBillsfan
07-25-2002, 12:35 PM
I remember on BBI someone made a good point that JR has trouble catching passes from QBs with velocity. He was great with Flutie and usually AVP but he had the dropsies with RJ. Can we be certain that he won't suffer the same fate with DB?

WG
07-25-2002, 12:41 PM
He's primarily a receiving TE. He doesn't block well. Coates at least could block. Moore is a blocker and can catch well. Plus, he doesn't have the dropsies like JR does or did last year.

WG
07-25-2002, 12:45 PM
At the beginning of last season, I had JR ranked up in the top 3 in the league as receiving TEs went. This year, after his bout of the "dropsies", I wouldn't list him higher than 8th or 9th.

bduff54
07-25-2002, 01:04 PM
moore is good but i have seen him drop lots of balls. he's not very athletic. JR is a far better recieving tight end

clumping platelets
07-25-2002, 01:34 PM
PUP list just allows the Bills to carry 2 healthy players.......Bills can activate them at any time

Earthquake Enyart
07-25-2002, 03:08 PM
Log, I told you Ostrowski was in trouble.

Wys, you are high if you have JR in your top 3 tight ends.

Both are history.

RedEyE
07-25-2002, 03:35 PM
I doubt that JO and JR will be cut just because they have nagging injuries preventing them from practice. I'm sure that if things were serious enough, they would have been riding the discharge bus along side Germany today. Give them a week.