PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on next year

Devin
04-27-2004, 09:32 PM
Ok just for some fun and to start what will undoubtedly be an interesting convo. I had a few thoughts about next season.

Since the Bills will be roughly 15-20 mil under the cap, they will have some change to spend.

I figure If we can resign say Schobel now and extend Williams/Jennings in the offseason next year we will be in good shape.

Next step would be to talk to Moulds about a renegotiation. I want him here mind you just believe his cap figure to hit the 8-9 mil mark if im not mistaken. So say we take a solid chunk out there.

Next I say free agency aquisitions should be focused on the OL/DL.

Obviously this theory depends on what we do this year and how well we perform. Next I would say Draft time should focus around CB/DE/DT.

I would say after this year its likely TH/WM one of them will be gone. not gonna argue about who doesnt matter at this time. But one will be traded either for a 2nd or 1st. Thereby getting our pick pack potentially.

feel free to furthur discuss

matt
04-27-2004, 09:55 PM
I believe Williams will be gone the same as Adams more then likely( Due to age, and that teams that are close will give them big time money for a one to two year stint and TD doesnt overpay regardless of how much cap money he has, the exception may be TKO but he did not brake the bank to bad on that one either). I think that there is a very good chance Schobel will stay, however I think Jennings days in Buffalo are numbered because of the fact that teague has his option picked up( he played tackle in denver, and was originally supposed to do that here). I believe that next season that the Bills will lay low and let some of these young stars that we have develop and when thier contracts are up have the money to give them. However I do believe that what ever is lost they will plug in adequate replacements- biggest moves will be long term deals given to Clements,Schobel- and a reworking of Moulds contract(no longer cap friendly after next year and he isnt getting any younger).Also even though I have been against it this year trading one of your backs next year makes sense since Henry will then only have a year remaining and it is better to get something before he leaves and you get nothing.

Devin
04-27-2004, 10:04 PM
agree with most with the exception of Jennings I believe he will be back with a 3-4 year extension.

B-DON
04-27-2004, 11:51 PM
moulds will have a big year and not renegotiate, watch

Mr. Cynical
04-28-2004, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by B-DON
moulds will have a big year and not renegotiate, watch

That would definitely suck. However, I don't think that would happen. He had an opportunity to make more money elsewhere when his contract was up a couple of years ago but he chose to stay in Buffalo. I'm holding out for the idea of him retiring a Bill. A big reach, I know....but not impossible. If anyone on the current roster is going to do it I think he is the most likely.

B-DON
04-28-2004, 12:30 AM
i didnt say he wouldnt sta with us i said he wouldnt renegotiate

ryjam282
04-28-2004, 11:08 AM
I believe Moulds will stay and will do whatever he can to help us out. The guy really wants to win in Buffalo and I believe he will do whatever it takes to make that happen.

tampabay25690
04-28-2004, 12:27 PM
Good Post....I think Jennings will be gone next year, he has stated that he would like to go back home to play for Atlanta and with his GOOD friend Peerless......

I do see Moulds having a Pro Bowl tyear again, and maybe rework his contract, I think the Bills will sign Schobel and Williams, I see Sam Adams being out....