PDA

View Full Version : Maddox meets with Steelers; won't say what took place

The Spaz
04-27-2004, 10:17 PM
An angry Tommy Maddox met Tuesday with Steelers coach Bill Cowher, presumably to discuss the team's use of a first-round draft pick on quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.

Maddox, Pittsburgh's starting quarterback for the past two seasons, left the Steelers' training complex without talking to reporters and there was no word on what they talked about.

The meeting came three days after the Steelers added Roethlisberger, the only quarterback they have drafted on the first round since 1981. Roethlisberger is expected to become the starter by the 2005 season.

Maddox initially planned to talk to Cowher on Monday, but told his agent he was too upset to meet then. He also wanted to talk to Steelers chairman Dan Rooney or president Art Rooney II about his contract situation, but it is believed Tuesday's meeting was only with Cowher.

Maddox, the 2002 NFL comeback player of the year, is upset because the Steelers indicated to him before the draft they would choose a right tackle and not a quarterback.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpNWZic251BF9TAzI1NjY0ODI1BHNlYwN0aA--?slug=ap-steelers-maddox&prov=ap&type=lgns

Maddox may not be that greeat of a QB but that doesn't mean he should get lied to. I wonder why that organization is going to ****. Say what you will about TD but I highly doubt he lies to his players, he at least told Bledsoe he was going to get a QB at some point in the draft.

chubluv
04-27-2004, 10:41 PM
Oh get over it Tommy people lie in your profession all the time. Plus They say Ben isnt going to ready for everyweek play in theNFL for a couple of years. So take this opportunity & make the best of it just like Drew is doing here...

The Spaz
04-27-2004, 10:43 PM
I'm sorry but to have your employer lie to your face is pretty ****ed up. It may happen all of them time in the NFL but that doesn't make it right either.

chubluv
04-27-2004, 10:48 PM
no it doesnt make it right but its a business unlike any other. They dont follow the same rules as the rest of us,and thats what makes the NFL so great I guess..

ryjam282
04-28-2004, 11:11 AM
I agree, lying is the worst thing to do. But he will get the start for a few more years at least.

elltrain22
04-28-2004, 11:13 AM
TM got a bad rap if you asked me. I see that the Steelers needed a qb, but I really think they should have used thier first pick on a db or a pick to improve there horrible defense. Maddox was not terrible last year, and I still think he can play in this league.

juice
04-28-2004, 11:27 AM
Maddox should have kept track of Cowhers scouting trips... it wasn't a secret to anyone here that the Steelers would take the last of the Big Three QB's, two picks before us.

I know were he can come and fit into the system as a backup for a year... at least untiil JP is ready.

Tatonka
04-28-2004, 11:30 AM
we should bring maddox in as a back up if you ask me. if drew doesnt perform well, who knows mm's system better? it would also keep us from tossing losman in the fire.

juice
04-28-2004, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
we should bring maddox in as a back up if you ask me. if drew doesnt perform well, who knows mm's system better? it would also keep us from tossing losman in the fire.

This guy makes alot of sense... JP will need at least a full year.

The_Philster
04-28-2004, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka

It's certainly better than the other option...Kordell :puke: If Drew struggles and Maddox is let go, we can bring him in to either start or back up JP