PDA

View Full Version : Maddox or Kordell?

Mr. Miyagi
04-28-2004, 12:04 PM
Here's the question:

Now that Pittsburgh drafted Big Ben, there might be a remote possibility that they release Maddox and go straight to Big Ben.

If this happened, and if TD was still looking for a veteran QB backup until Losman is ready, do you take Maddox or Kordell if you have to choose one of the two?

I'd still go with Kordell.

juice
04-28-2004, 12:06 PM
For the same price I'd take Maddox... "What have you done for me lately" Theory

casdhf
04-28-2004, 12:07 PM
Bill Cowher doesnt seem the type of guy that would start a rookie QB

Bill Brasky
04-28-2004, 12:07 PM
NEITHER!

STAMPY
04-28-2004, 12:08 PM
tommy maddox! the xfl hero. i hate kordel

Mr. Miyagi
04-28-2004, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by jfreeman
NEITHER!
Read my first post again.

Bill Brasky
04-28-2004, 12:14 PM
I did

Canadian'eh!
04-28-2004, 12:16 PM
2 Brutal Qb's who think they deserve to be starters? no thnaks... bring in damon huard or someone.

tampabay25690
04-28-2004, 12:18 PM
Maddox

Demon
04-28-2004, 12:25 PM
Definetly Maddox. Look what he did with Mularkey 2 years ago and now he has 2 awsome WR's and 2 awsome RB's. I don't trust Kordell. I think we have better chances of winning games (if Drew gets hurt) with Losman at QB in mid-season then throwing in Kordell to play.

doug45
04-28-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Demon
Definetly Maddox. Look what he did with Mularkey 2 years ago and now he has 2 awsome WR's and 2 awsome RB's. I don't trust Kordell. I think we have better chances of winning games (if Drew gets hurt) with Losman at QB in mid-season then throwing in Kordell to play.

Ditto, good post!!

eyedog
04-28-2004, 12:39 PM
You shouldn't even to have think about that answer.

BLeonard
04-28-2004, 12:58 PM
Just heard that Maddox got a pay raise... He's not going anywhere.

-Bill

Canadian'eh!
04-28-2004, 01:04 PM
The more i think about it the more i think Doug Johnson might be a good backup. Atlanata's Oline was poop last year, which they don't seem to mind since Vick can just dodge guys and make plays, but this is no good for Doug who doesn't have those abilities (but who does?). Since we need a good Oline for Success anyway, he might have a shot at being a very good #2 for us. Essentially i think Vick's abilities made him look bad, whn he really isn't as bad as all that. His WR's weren't much to brag about either.

mysticsoto
04-28-2004, 01:15 PM
Well I guess I'm going to have to be in the minority here, but I rather Kordell. Don't get me wrong - my view of Kordell is not very high, but I think him understanding Mularky's style (to teach both Bledsoe and Losman) would have been beneficial. On top of that, I also think that using him in a slash role (virutally immediately) would benefit the offense overall to the point where defenses wouldn't know what was about to happen.

I really wish Kordell didn't have this chip on his shoulder that he just wants to be quarterback (starter at that) and nothing else. If he could just put down his ego and do what's best for the team, he could create havoc to a defense with a tricky and speedy offense!!!

STAMPY
04-28-2004, 01:32 PM
any of the qbs mentioned are upgrades over that chubby bastard AVP!

The_Philster
04-28-2004, 02:33 PM
If I had to take one, it'd have to be Maddox.

Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
any of the qbs mentioned are upgrades over that chubby bastard AVP!

:eek: What did he do to you that you call him such names?

helmetguy
04-28-2004, 03:25 PM
I'd go with Maddox. He's better than Stewart; it's that simple. Stewart's "Slash" reputation is more hype than substance anymore. Plus, if Maddox knew he was coming in to be the backup QB, he would be much more amenable to helping Losman develop than Stewart would.

Oh, and one more thing, "Slash" wouldn't even be the fifth receiver on the roster. Nothing about him will help us in any way, so forget him.