PDA

View Full Version : Bledsoe contract details

BLeonard
04-28-2004, 12:53 PM
Bills | More Bledsoe Contract Details - from www.KFFL.com
Wed, 28 Apr 2004 09:05:22 -0700

Updating a previous report, the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle reports the restructured contract of Buffalo Bills QB Drew Bledsoe is a three-year deal, with an fourth year option for 2007. Overall, Bledsoe is taking about a $6 million pay cut from the $25 million he would have made over three years. Bledsoe was due a $7 million option in November if the team wished to trigger the next three-year phase of his old contract, and even if the Bills wanted to release him, it would have required a $2 million buyout.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bills | Bledsoe Has Cap Figure Cut By $3.9M - from www.KFFL.com
Wed, 28 Apr 2004 09:04:45 -0700

Allen Wilson, of the Buffalo News, reports Buffalo Bills QB Drew Bledsoe's cap figure would have been $8.2 million, but his new restructured deal lowers his 2004 cap figure to about $4.3 million. The figure, cut by approximately $3.9 million, includes his base salary believed to be in the $3 million range and signing bonus.

-Bill

nolimit
04-28-2004, 01:06 PM
cool. Thanks

B-DON
04-28-2004, 02:31 PM
nice pic of vilma.lmao

Ebenezer
04-28-2004, 02:40 PM
If those numbers are correct the Bills may be about $6 mil under the cap...have to discuss this one with Clump.

nolimit
04-28-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by B-DON
nice pic of vilma.lmao

some idiot Jet fan posted this pick on theganggreen.com thinking it was Vilma holding a huge gavel. Little did he realize it was a croquet mallot. Everyone is ripping this pic apart. My question is why would vilma ever agree to this pick?

HenryRules
04-28-2004, 05:34 PM
I'd really like to know how much is in that third year. 3 yrs at 19 mil is a lot more than I hoped we would commit to Bledsoe.

mikemac2001
04-28-2004, 05:41 PM
its plain gay haha

Mr. Cynical
04-28-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by HenryRules
I'd really like to know how much is in that third year. 3 yrs at 19 mil is a lot more than I hoped we would commit to Bledsoe.

More importantly I want to know what our "out clause" is if we want to cut him next year. No reason to spend another chunk of millions if he s**ts the bed again this season. I have to believe TD had this in mind as well so I'm not worrying *too* much. He can't be that dim not to have put that in the contract.

DraftBoy
04-28-2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by nolimit

some idiot Jet fan posted this pick on theganggreen.com thinking it was Vilma holding a huge gavel. Little did he realize it was a croquet mallot. Everyone is ripping this pic apart. My question is why would vilma ever agree to this pick?

Exposure?? Money?? Help his draft stock? Cause he gets to hold a big ass mallet?

HenryRules
04-28-2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Cynical

More importantly I want to know what our "out clause" is if we want to cut him next year. No reason to spend another chunk of millions if he s**ts the bed again this season. I have to believe TD had this in mind as well so I'm not worrying *too* much. He can't be that dim not to have put that in the contract.

I've read that his SB allotment for this year is $1.3 mil. So that would mean that cutting him after this season would cost a minimum of $2.6 mil against the cap next year i believe (unless it's after June 1, in which case it would be a min. 1.3 mil in each year).