PDA

View Full Version : When Losman starts for the Bills ....

L.A. Playa
04-28-2004, 06:08 PM
Will he be the first Mexican-American QB to start an NFL game ??? I'm not sure if Jeff Garcia is actually Mexican ????

Tatonka
04-28-2004, 06:15 PM
i didnt realize he was spanish...

mexican is like calling an asian a oriental.. rugs are oriental not people. lol

L.A. Playa
04-28-2004, 06:19 PM
he is not spanish out here you would be killed for that, the choloes would mess you up man, his mother is of mexican heritage meaning her parent wher born in mexico thus he is of mexican heritage calling a mexican spanish out here is dangerous

The Spaz
04-28-2004, 06:19 PM
He's Mexican? I don't think so. Where was he born?

L.A. Playa
04-28-2004, 06:20 PM
and dont call them puerto ricans either beat down of the century your best bet is to say Latino if referring to a man Latina if referring to a female but never never spanish

L.A. Playa
04-28-2004, 06:20 PM
Los Angeles dad white mom mexican

The Spaz
04-28-2004, 06:21 PM
So he's American good.:up::beers:

L.A. Playa
04-28-2004, 06:23 PM
Mexican American get it right in Buffalo mexican americans are sensitive in Los Angeles and learn some spanish words to impress him spanish is the first language in parts of LA

Jeff1220
04-28-2004, 06:23 PM
"Mexican" is as legit as "American", since there is a country called Mexico. (Plus I've heard people from Mexico refer to themselves as Mexican 0r Mexican-American).
Oriental is entirely different. It refers to styles from the Far East, like rugs, lamps and spices - not people.

...I guess Pete Gonzalas never got to start a game, huh?

L.A. Playa
04-28-2004, 06:25 PM
I was just wondering if Losman would be the first ??? what is Garcia's background???

The Spaz
04-28-2004, 06:25 PM
No hablo espanol.

Mr. Cynical
04-28-2004, 06:39 PM
On the whole [insert country of origin] American thing, I personally think it's silly. Everyone in this country's bloodlines originates from another country except for Native Americans. So why point out anyone in particular by saying [insert country of origin] American? In that case, everyone should say I'm French American, or German American, or Italian American, or English American, or Russian American and so on. I just think it's overboard.

If you are born here, you are American, regardless of your heritage. I mean, do people who are born in Germany say they are French German if both their parents were born in France? No. They say they are German, with a French lineage.

L.A. Playa
04-28-2004, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
On the whole [insert country of origin] American thing, I personally think it's silly. Everyone in this country's bloodlines originates from another country except for Native Americans. So why point out anyone in particular by saying [insert country of origin] American? In that case, everyone should say I'm French American, or German American, or Italian American, or English American, or Russian American and so on. I just think it's overboard.

If you are born here, you are American, regardless of your heritage. I mean, do people who are born in Germany say they are French German if both their parents were born in France? No. They say they are German, with a French lineage.

I totally agree with you but extend that if you are a citizen you are an american period, but we are the only country that still reverts to politically correctnes I guess and refers to another heritage just as proud as our own American heritage, there are alot of American born people here in So Cal that would be offended if you did not call them Mexican American even though their grandparents where the last generation born in Mexico

The Spaz
04-28-2004, 06:49 PM

Right on!:up::beers:

Jeff1220
04-28-2004, 07:25 PM
When my daughter was born in 1998 the nurses in charge of getting us to do the paperwork and such wanted us to give her a nationality on the paperwork. We saw it this way - she's 1/4 Italian, 1/4 Venezualian/Hispanic, 1/4 French, 1/8 German, and 1/8 Irish. Her lineage is so diluted, thay she is truely American (the mutts of the world). We told them we wanted her listed as American on her birth certificate and that we'd write it in, since Native American was the only close choice. The nurses actually argued with us on this and thought wouldn't take it that way. Finally they conceded and took the paperwork with some comments about how she'll miss out on heritage-based scholarships, etc.

It's time, I think, for more of us to take this kind of stance and create a country of Americans.

The_Philster
04-28-2004, 08:39 PM

:bf1:
Nicely put...:ontome:

Mr. Cynical
04-28-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Jeff1220
It's time, I think, for more of us to take this kind of stance and create a country of Americans.

Great quote. :up:

cordog
04-28-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by pmacla
I was just wondering if Losman would be the first ??? what is Garcia's background???

Homo American

BuffaloRanger
04-29-2004, 02:09 AM
I always consider myself American first. Traveling to foreign countries increase this conviction.

Try explaining to a Korean here in Seoul that you are Irish-American. They can't comprehend it. It all came about during an explanation of St Patrick's Day. They don't get him either. Or Leprechauns.

Anyway. He said "You are Irish or American, how can you be both." I explained heritage and he nodded and smiled "Then you are American."

Even better tell a guy born in Ireland that your Irish-American because your great grandparents were born in Ireland. They won't feel any special "bond" with you that's for sure.

So let those Mexican-Americans who are so proud of "being mexican" take their happy asses down to the slums of Mexico Cityand tell the real choloes down there they are Mexican but they were born in the USA. I'm sure that's grounds for an ass beating.

Cntrygal
04-29-2004, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by Jeff1220
When my daughter was born in 1998 the nurses in charge of getting us to do the paperwork and such wanted us to give her a nationality on the paperwork. We saw it this way - she's 1/4 Italian, 1/4 Venezualian/Hispanic, 1/4 French, 1/8 German, and 1/8 Irish. Her lineage is so diluted, thay she is truely American (the mutts of the world). We told them we wanted her listed as American on her birth certificate and that we'd write it in, since Native American was the only close choice. The nurses actually argued with us on this and thought wouldn't take it that way. Finally they conceded and took the paperwork with some comments about how she'll miss out on heritage-based scholarships, etc.

:10:

Originally posted by BuffaloRanger
I always consider myself American first. Traveling to foreign countries increase this conviction.

Try explaining to a Korean here in Seoul that you are Irish-American. They can't comprehend it. It all came about during an explanation of St Patrick's Day. They don't get him either. Or Leprechauns.

Anyway. He said "You are Irish or American, how can you be both." I explained heritage and he nodded and smiled "Then you are American."

Even better tell a guy born in Ireland that your Irish-American because your great grandparents were born in Ireland. They won't feel any special "bond" with you that's for sure.

So let those Mexican-Americans who are so proud of "being mexican" take their happy asses down to the slums of Mexico Cityand tell the real choloes down there they are Mexican but they were born in the USA. I'm sure that's grounds for an ass beating.

I know exactly what you're talking about, a couple weeks ago I went out for a few drinks with some friends that were leaving the next day..... and a friend of theirs asked me if I was "part Irish" - and "mama-san" behind the bar was completely confused.

Earthquake Enyart
04-29-2004, 07:04 AM
I'm the only one who remembers Tom Flores? :ee:

The guy we traded Daryl Lamonica to Oakland for? :mad: :mad:

TigerJ
04-29-2004, 08:01 PM
I remember Tom Flores, EE. I don't pay that much attention to ethnicity though.

HAMMER
04-29-2004, 10:37 PM
Spics, Micks, Waps, Chinks, Japs, Krauts, and Pollocks. It's all good! Personally I'm a potato eatin, whiskey drinkin, football lovin' Mick.

OpIv37
04-30-2004, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by pmacla
and dont call them puerto ricans either beat down of the century your best bet is to say Latino if referring to a man Latina if referring to a female but never never spanish

Agreed- and don't ever tell a Puerto Rican that they're Mexican- that will result in an equal beat-down.

Philagape
04-30-2004, 09:25 PM
I was BORN in America, therefore I'm a NATIVE American

imbondz
04-30-2004, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by BuffaloRanger

LOL