X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juice
    • Aug 2003

Evans: Best year of WR Rookies

Lee Evans might be the Rookie WR that has the best chance to be an impact player in his Rookie Campaign. With the system and players around him Evans might have the best compliment of offensive weapons and proven players to be a high impact rookie.

If Reed can come in with a breakout year at a more natural #3 reciever position and Moulds is back to form, Evans could reap the benifits of playing behind veterans while displaying his world class speed to spread the field and keep Moulds from being doubled.

Of all the 1st rd choices Lee Evans has the best chance to be this seasons breakout rookie. Position coach Tyke Tolbert could be the ingredient needed to make Reed into a Ward type player which could turn Evans into a cross between Bolden and Price.

Learning the WR position behind Moulds will hopefully turn Evans into the future franchise WR to compliment Losman as the future franchise QB.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76
  • Hermanator21
    Bleed Red, White, and Blue
    • Mar 2004

I for once agree with you!!!!

Comment

• The Natrix
      • Jul 2002

I think he will definitely fit right in, making more of an impact than Moulds or Price did in their rookie years. If Healthy, Moulds is a great #1 and Reed is one of the best slot receivers out there. Evans won't go into the season unsure of where he fits into the WR mix. If he works hard in traing camp and strives to be a great #2 WR, he should be fine.

Byrd.

Comment

• thefixer74
        Member of the Official Drew Bledsoe Truce!
        • Apr 2004

With his speed,we are as good as any team in the league.
        To the world you might be one person,but to one person you might be the world.

Comment

• HenryRules
          • Jul 2002

My call for ROY is Tatum Bell (with a close second being Julius Jones). They're both RB's playing for coaches that get their RB's big numbers and neither one really has to beat anyone out for a starting job either.

Unless Evans is instantly a better receiver than Moulds, I will actually be disappointed if he is ROY. In order for a receiver to win ROY, he basically has to be a 1000-yard receiver. If Evans does that, it would mean that we'd have 2 1000-yard receivers (or else Moulds is injured/underperformed which would be back-to-back offseasons and make one wonder if he is over-the-hill), which in all likelihood would mean that we've completely abandoned being a run-oriented team, which is our best hope for success IMO.

Yes, I'm hoping for Evans to be successful. However, I think for him to put up ROY numbers, that would mean that a lot of things went wrong for the Bills.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
            • Aug 2003

Originally posted by HenryRules
            My call for ROY is Tatum Bell (with a close second being Julius Jones). They're both RB's playing for coaches that get their RB's big numbers and neither one really has to beat anyone out for a starting job either.

Unless Evans is instantly a better receiver than Moulds, I will actually be disappointed if he is ROY. In order for a receiver to win ROY, he basically has to be a 1000-yard receiver. If Evans does that, it would mean that we'd have 2 1000-yard receivers (or else Moulds is injured/underperformed which would be back-to-back offseasons and make one wonder if he is over-the-hill), which in all likelihood would mean that we've completely abandoned being a run-oriented team, which is our best hope for success IMO.

Yes, I'm hoping for Evans to be successful. However, I think for him to put up ROY numbers, that would mean that a lot of things went wrong for the Bills.
            I believe the thread is about best rookie wide reciever not best rookie overall

Comment

• juice
              • Aug 2003

Jacksonville and Atlanta are also good situations for a Rookie WR to flourish in but I think the establised running game that the Bills have will set this offense apart from those lacking veteran leadership.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• HenryRules
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by pmacla
                I believe the thread is about best rookie wide reciever not best rookie overall
                Ok, substitute ROY for rookie receiver ... there's gonna be a 900-yard receiver this year and I hope it isn't Evans.

My call for that would be Fitzgerald. Green loves the 3-wides and can run a pass-happy offense.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                  • Aug 2003

Looking at those highlight rels of Evans in college and seeing break that 99 yarder has me psyched he also can make tough cathces over the middle with his addition and Mc gahee the bills suddenly have become one of the fastes offensive teams in the NFL and I dont think that was ever the case in Bills history we have had some fast players but not overall team speed like this

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

HR, tatum is a great pick for ROY..

as far as evans.. if he can contribute as much as reed did in his rookie year.. i will be happy.

i would like to see moulds at about 1300 yards
                    reed at about 1000 yards
                    and evans at about 600 yards

you may say those numbers are low, but i expect henry to be at about 1200 in yardage, and mcgahee not far behind at 800 or so.
                    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                      • Aug 2003

Stats and impact on the team and the effect of team play are two different things lets say Fitzgerald stats are 80 catches 900 yards 5 TDs and Arizona is 6-10
                      Evans stats are 60 catches 850 yards 7 TDS and Buffalo's record is 11-5 who do you think would be considered the best Rookie reciever??? I'd go with Evans

Comment

• juice
                        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by HenryRules
                        Ok, substitute ROY for rookie receiver ... there's gonna be a 900-yard receiver this year and I hope it isn't Evans.

My call for that would be Fitzgerald. Green loves the 3-wides and can run a pass-happy offense.
                        The Cards have alot of recievers down there I wonder if there are enough balls to go around and if they have the QB to deliver. Again I think Veteran players or lack of in Arizona will keep them from being a more productive offense than the Bills.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
                          HR, tatum is a great pick for ROY..

as far as evans.. if he can contribute as much as reed did in his rookie year.. i will be happy.

i would like to see moulds at about 1300 yards
                          reed at about 1000 yards
                          and evans at about 600 yards

you may say those numbers are low, but i expect henry to be at about 1200 in yardage, and mcgahee not far behind at 800 or so.
                          That right ther is 5,000 yards of offense or over 300 yards a game say Defense gives up 275 yards a game you are looking at at least a 10-6 record if that happens

Comment

• HenryRules
                            • Jul 2002

Early 90s baby ... Beebe and Lofton at the wides. Even though Lofton was getting old, he still had some burners on him I think. Kenneth Davis wasn't McGahee fast, but he was a pretty quick guy if I remember correctly, but it's been a while.

We had a good offense then, hope the same holds now.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                              • Aug 2003

Originally posted by juice

The Cards have alot of recievers down there I wonder if there are enough balls to go around and if they have the QB to deliver. Again I think Veteran players or lack of in Arizona will keep them from being a more productive offense than the Bills.
                              One problem with Fitzgerald getting that many catches

Josh Mc Cown

Comment

Working...
                              X