PDA

View Full Version : McGahee eligable for Comeback POY?

BidsJr
04-28-2004, 09:43 PM
I know he can't be ROY, what about comeback POY?

P.S. Anyone in here live in Canada? Found out we're moving to Trenton area, Prince Edward County Ontario. (Wife's promotion)

The Natrix
04-28-2004, 09:45 PM
I don't see it becasue what is he coming back to? He's never played a down in the NFL.

BidsJr
04-28-2004, 09:49 PM
Coming back from 0 yards in his Rookie season. He looses ROY status because of injury, thought he might be eligable for CB POY after being on the shelf.

juice
04-28-2004, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix
I don't see it becasue what is he coming back to? He's never played a down in the NFL.

After that injury if he had 1000 yds you would almost have to give it to him for coming back from near knee distruction.

But as far as coming back from a bad year maybe Bledsoe?

BidsJr
04-28-2004, 09:57 PM
That is true, If McGahee has the stats Bledsoe should have them too to be in consideration.

The Natrix
04-28-2004, 09:58 PM
Sorry, No matter what he does this coming season, I don't see how he could get it. What if he got hurt a year earlier, sat out a year at Miami, and then did great his rookie year, but didn't get ROY? It would be the same thing, wouldn't it? I think you have to produce in the NFL then have an injury or some down time, and then bust out again. Like Juice said, Bledsoe is a prime candidate if he lights it up.

BidsJr
04-28-2004, 10:00 PM
Maybe so I'm not sure what the actuall rules are.

HenryRules
04-28-2004, 10:07 PM
Maybe most improved (if the NFL has such an award, I don't think so - if so, it's not heavily publicized). But like everyone else has said, comeback, nope.

The Natrix
04-28-2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by HenryRules
Maybe most improved (if the NFL has such an award, I don't think so - if so, it's not heavily publicized). But like everyone else has said, comeback, nope.

Actually, upon further review I think Bids Jr. may be on to something. Kitna and Maddox were the last two to get it. In both players cases, they didn't do squat initially. I guess they do have a most improved player of the year award: It's called comeback player of the year.

BillsNick
04-29-2004, 05:16 AM
rediculous.

Jan Reimers
04-29-2004, 09:33 AM
What's ridiculous is your spelling.