PDA

View Full Version : Carter haas eye on ring.. don't make me laugh

Herdwatcher
10-22-2002, 10:18 AM
By STEVEN WINE
AP Sports Writer

October 22, 2002, 8:50 AM EDT

MIAMI -- Winning a Super Bowl ring is one of the few accomplishments to elude Cris Carter during a 15-year NFL career, which is why he came out of retirement to join the Miami Dolphins.

http://adserver.trb.com/html.ng/site=newsday&content=travel&adtype=popwindow&adplacement=3

Gunzlingr
10-22-2002, 11:38 AM
Cris Cancer will never get a ring. He is a bum.

clumping platelets
10-22-2002, 02:47 PM
AND Miami is not the place to find one :chuckle:

Novacane
10-22-2002, 05:22 PM
Thats funny! Chris has a little brain damage

WG
10-23-2002, 11:56 AM
What's he supposed to say?

Yeah, sure, I guess I'll play for ya...

Ho hum...

WG
10-23-2002, 11:57 AM
I gotta tell ya, a healthy Miami is a tough team this year. Keep in mind that they held our Offense to only 16 points and almost half of that was a big play on a play in which they made a mistake.

That's w/o an offense. If Fiedler, Chambers, and Gadsen had been in there, I'm not so sure they wouldn't have scored more than 16. I'm almost positive that Fiedler wouldn't have tossed 4 INTs and fumbled twice. W/o that INT TD, we win only 16-10.

Herdwatcher
10-23-2002, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
I gotta tell ya, a healthy Miami is a tough team this year. Keep in mind that they held our Offense to only 16 points and almost half of that was a big play on a play in which they made a mistake.

That's w/o an offense. If Fiedler, Chambers, and Gadsen had been in there, I'm not so sure they wouldn't have scored more than 16. I'm almost positive that Fiedler wouldn't have tossed 4 INTs and fumbled twice. W/o that INT TD, we win only 16-10.

Wys. We're talking about the Dullfans here. :laughter: When on the playoff interstate, you know they take the first exit off.:laughter: :laughter: Nope. not proven as of yet. The Dullfans are not AFC championship caliber..No way..No how.:laughter: :up:

lordofgun
10-23-2002, 03:33 PM
If the game was closer, we would have taken more chances and scored more points. We just played smart fotball after getting up by 10.

WG
10-23-2002, 09:40 PM
Our WRs were covered for most of the game. That was tough to see, but gameboy and I saw it for most of the game. Even Moulds and Price. The coverage was outstanding.

If Miami can fix their passing game, they're as good as anyone in the AFC. Who's better? Certainly no one in the E, N, or S. Possibly S.D. or Denver. Not Oakland. They're gonna drop like rocks.

I hear ya on the traditional "Ousting", but this is the first year where they've had balanced offense to go w/ their solid D. I sense a departure from the routine this season.

don137
10-26-2002, 05:29 AM
The Cris Carter sigong is over rated. It takes sometimes a year or longer to learn the tendencies and timing between a QB and a WR. Fielder will be out until he end of November so Carter and Fielder won't even get to work together on the field for another month. With Fielder's arm and the their timimg off I see an increase in INT's for Fielder.
As far a Miami being a Super Bowl contender I wouldn't say they are a lock. There achilles heel under Fielder is once they get behind in a game they don't have the arsenal to engineer a comeback. They proved that the last 4+ years in the post-season that when they have to go to the air is when you put a fork in them. Signing Ricky Williams doesn't change this. Also, Ricky always seems to get hurt every year. With the weather getting cold he is due for his yearly injury. The whining out of Miami will be nuts once he gets hurt.

dolfan25
10-26-2002, 02:21 PM
Can I ask why Bills fans say everything is overrated. I hear them say Urlacher's overrated Belichek's overrated. Everyone is overrated except Bills players.

Just making an observation but the general theme on all Bills boards is "We don't get any respect from the national media" and "So and so is overrated".

How can the Carter signing be overrated, we're not expecting him to come in here and catch 50 yd bombs. All they want is the same thing Gadsden provided and to be truthful I always thought of Oronde as a "poor man's" Cris Carter. Both are slow, I actually think Carter is a little faster, and they both have great hands. All we want is Cris to find the open spot in the zone and move the chains. I just hope he quits that pointing when he makes a 1st down but I doubt he will.

Also how can someone who ranks 2nd to Jerry Rice in almost every statistical category be a "bum".

Oh and Cris Carter is not a cancer, Randy Moss is. Your going to tell me that someone who plays for 16 years and causes basically no problems until his last year is a cancer. I think this season has already proven that Moss was the real problem. Just ask Duante and the Traffic cop.

dolfan25
10-26-2002, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by clumping platelets
AND Miami is not the place to find one :chuckle:

you'll find a lot more championship rings in Miami then you will Buffalo

Sabre Ally
10-26-2002, 10:14 PM
Typical phin fan........living in the past. :rolleyes:

Clump was talking about this season, not 1972.

dolfan25
10-26-2002, 11:26 PM
What do you know?

Go back to supporting the Rigas family and praying for your Sabres to not be playing in Portland in 2 years,

TypicalBill
10-27-2002, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by dolfan25
What do you know?

Go back to supporting the Rigas family and praying for your Sabres to not be playing in Portland in 2 years,

:scratch: what does that have to do with anything?

Tyrone
10-29-2002, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by gunzlingr
Cris Cancer will never get a ring. He is a bum.

Originally posted by clumping platelets
AND Miami is not the place to find one

:hubba: Likes Buffalos beens a Super Bowl Champion ?

I'z think thats yous been hittings the Boones Farm Bottle during the 90's :snicker:

Washington 37......Buffalo 24
N.Y. Giants 20........Buffalo 19
Dallas 52.............Buffalo 17
Dallas 30.............Buffalo 13

Just in case yous forgots the past Bowl scores :cry: :dizzy: :snicker:

Cntrygal
10-30-2002, 08:48 PM
Carter has lost speed, but not his savvy

The Dolphins should send some Florida sunshine, perhaps in the form of a crate of oranges, to Mike Tice, Butch Davis, Mike Martz and HBO president Ross Greenburg. Each deserves a big thank you for helping to ensure receiver Cris Carter was available in late October.

There are those who will say Carter, who will be 37 November 25, now is better-suited for describing plays than making them. But Carter is fully capable of making a significant impact on the Dolphins' offense, the AFC playoffs race and the postseason.

http://www.sportingnews.com/voices/dan_pompei/20021029.html