PDA

View Full Version : BZFFL#1 Week 7 Recap

lordofgun
10-22-2002, 10:31 AM
<h1>BZFFL#1 Week 7 Recap</h1><h3>Attack on track…</h3><p><b> Hart Attack (Don137) – 131<br>Ferdilizers (CalBillsFan) – 100<br></b><p>The Hart Attack (6-1) keeps on fighting. This week, they laid the hurt on Ferdilizers (3-4) to keep pace in the East. The Attack, the highest-scoring team in the league, is now even scarier with the late emergence of Marshall Faulk, who scored 4 touchdowns on his way to a league-high 47 points. Aaron Brooks’ 36 didn’t hurt either. 3 other starters were in double-digits, which made up for –1 points from Mike Alstott. <p>It always hurts to lose when you score 100. Ferdilizers couldn’t capitalize on 5 of their 8 starters scoring in double figures, including Fred Taylor with 25, the surprising Falcons D with 18, and Jeff Garcia with 17. <p>Outlook: Hart Attack keeps pace in the East with their 5th straight win. They also control their own destiny as long as they keep winning. A matchup against the Cows in week 13 could decide the division. Ferdilizers have lost 2 straight, but are just one game back in the West. It appears that no wild card will come out of the West, so winning this division is a must!
<p><b>Earthquake Zone (Earthquake Enyart) – 107<br>Clumping Platelets – 106</b><p>In the closest game to date, Earthquake Zone (4-3) went into Monday Night Football with a 29-point lead thanks to Shannon Sharpe (33 pts), and the Cards D (18 pts). When your QB, RBs, and WRs only combine for 42 points, you don’t usually win, let alone score 107.<p>Clumping Platelets (2-5) only needed 29 points from Edgerrin James and the Pittsburgh D on Monday night. Unfortunately for CP, every time Edgerrin James scored points (14), the Pittsburgh D lost points (14), and CP only came up with 28.<p>Outlook: Earthquake Zone looks to be a formidable team. With their 3rd straight win, they are just 1 game back in the Central. While 2-5, Clump is only 2 games out of first in the West.<p><b>The Route 20A Cows (Philagape) – 79<br>TacklingDummyRJ – 73</b><p>The cattle stampede just can’t be stopped! Although they rank 2nd in the power standings, The Route 20A Cows (7-0) are the class of the league record-wise. Only the mean sharks have scored fewer points in the east, but the Cows have a magic touch this year. 24 from the Packers D, and 22 from the surprisingly consistent Deuce McAllister led the way for the Cows. The Cows probably won’t bench Todd Heap again, who scored 15 points on the bench, and has quietly been one of the better Tes in the league.<p>TacklingDummyRJ (1-6) could have won this game if they’d started Tommy Maddox (17 pts) in place of Daunte Culpepper (7 pts.) If this season has taught fantasy players anything, it’s not to draft QBs in the first round.<p>Outlook: The Route 20A Cows are still alone at the top of the East. TDRJ is alone also…at the bottom of the Central.<p><b>The Mean Sharks (lordofgun) – 85<br>Aero Planes (Aero II) - 120
</b><p>The second-highest scoring team in the league is the Aero Planes (4-3). Surprisingly just one game above .500, the Planes passed the century mark thanks to 32 from Priest Holmes, 31 from James Stewart, and 19 from Hines Ward.<p>The Mean Sharks (0-7) finally put some points on the board, but as fate would have it, they lost…again.<p>Outlook: The Aero Planes have finally taken their rightful place alone at the top of the West. The Mean Sharks are 7 games out of first with 7 games to go in the regular season.<p><b>Yonkers Platypi Trappers (BF1) - 65<br>Ebenezer - 95</b><p>A trend was broken this weekend as Ebenezer (5-2) crushed the Yonkers Platypi Trappers (3-4). Prior to this week, every time the Bills won, the Trappers won. Not this time as the poor outing (fantasy-wise) from Drew Bledsoe (13 pts) led to a poor day from several of the Trappers’ supporting players.<p>29 from Ladanian Tomlinson and 20 from the Eagles D helped Ebenezer to the victory.<p>Outlook: Ebenezer rebounded from a loss last week, and leads the Central by a single game. The Platypi Trappers are 4 games back in the tough East.<p><b>The Lake Eerie Monsters – 83<br>Rochester Rampage (Mike32282) – 46</b><p>The Lake Eerie Monsters (4-3) knocked off their second straight in a yawner. 22 from Joe Horn, and 15 from Jamel White led the way for Lake Eerie.<p>The Rochester Rampage (3-4) looked even worse than The Mean Sharks. They got 25 from Ahman Green and 9 from Lamar Smith. No one else scored more than 4. Ouch.<p>Outlook: The Monsters are just one game back in the Central. While under .500, the Rampage are just one game out of the top spot in the West.<p><b>WEEK 8 Game of the week:</b> The Route 20A Cows vs. Ebenezer – First place in the East meets first place in the Central.<hr>If the season ended after Monday Night’s game, playoff teams would be:<p>1. The Route 20A Cows (East)<br>2. Ebenezer (Central)<br>3. Aero Planes (West)<br>4. Hart Attack (wild card)<br><p>Teams eliminated from the playoffs: The Mean Sharks (Unofficially)

TacklingDummy
10-22-2002, 01:53 PM
Big match up next week. The 1-6 Dummies vs the 0-7 Mean Sharks. Who's gonna win? lol

clumping platelets
10-22-2002, 01:58 PM
I'll put $250 ZB's on LOG to "get off the schnide" :)

don137
10-22-2002, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by TacklingDummy
Big match up next week. The 1-6 Dummies vs the 0-7 Mean Sharks. Who's gonna win? lol

To the loser-to-be. Unlike certain fans in the league do not blame injuries on why you lost. I guess we can call this game the "Toilet Bowl."

Earthquake Enyart
10-22-2002, 02:04 PM
They should be playing for the right to the name "dummies"

TacklingDummy
10-22-2002, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by don137

To the loser-to-be. Unlike certain fans in the league do not blame injuries on why you lost. I guess we can call this game the "Toilet Bowl."

I don't blame injuries. I blame Kurt Warner.

lordofgun
10-22-2002, 02:53 PM
I blame CalBillsFan.

Earthquake Enyart
10-22-2002, 05:31 PM
I blame Rio

TacklingDummy
10-23-2002, 01:39 PM
I got 148 zone bucks saying Im gonna win.

lordofgun
10-23-2002, 01:47 PM
You're going down dummy. This week I start my 7 game winning streak.

Earthquake Enyart
10-23-2002, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
You're going down dummy. This week I start my 7 game winning streak.

This is the funniest post I have read in months. At least of the posts not written by me.

lordofgun
10-23-2002, 01:51 PM
Shut it EE. :D You should be thanking your lucky stars that I can't make the playoffs.

TacklingDummy
10-23-2002, 01:54 PM
This is our playoff. Nothing more exciting then a game thats gonna decide who comes in last.

My secret weapon is going to win it for me this week.

Earthquake Enyart
10-23-2002, 01:56 PM
I'm gonna trade Jim Miller to the dummies.

TacklingDummy
10-23-2002, 02:00 PM
Earthquake I wouldn't talk. Since the 1 win I do have came by beating you. lol

lordofgun
10-23-2002, 02:21 PM
:lol:

Earthquake Enyart
10-24-2002, 06:52 AM
The funny part is that I have 2 POS teams in Zone leagues, yet both are on winning streaks!

lordofgun
10-24-2002, 08:31 AM
I'm having terrible luck. In the Yahoo league that Sally and I are in, I have scored the most points, but I'm 3-4.

If you wwant to win, stay away from me...or better yet, play my teams.

TacklingDummy
10-24-2002, 10:00 PM
Hows that trade working out? Garner and Brown producing? lol

You know whats kind of funny, we made that trade 2 weeks ago and Oakland hasn't won a game since.

lordofgun
10-24-2002, 10:47 PM
I am just nothing but bad luck.

TacklingDummy
10-24-2002, 11:03 PM
You must be. I was on a winning streak until we made that trade.

don137
10-25-2002, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by TacklingDummy
Hows that trade working out? Garner and Brown producing? lol

You know whats kind of funny, we made that trade 2 weeks ago and Oakland hasn't won a game since.

You want to know what is funny. The Carolina Panthers beat the Vikings last year and lost there next 15 games. This year they beat the Vikings again to go 3-0. Since then they are 0-4 and play the Bucs this weekend with there 3rd string QB against the Bucs defense. They must have the same luck as LOG

lordofgun
10-25-2002, 05:51 PM
:cry: