PDA

View Full Version : Trade For Ogun

justasportsfan
04-29-2004, 07:55 AM
http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/8543527.htm?1c

He wants to be traded. Let's give the fins our 1st and 3rd pick next year. Let's talk to Wanny instead of Spielman though. I'm sure Wanny will think it's a stead for them.

Stewie
04-29-2004, 08:00 AM
We don't have a first next year.. I'd give them our 2nd and 3rd, but I don't want to end up like the Redskins with 2 picks every draft.

don137
04-29-2004, 08:04 AM
Even if we had a 1st rounder I am not sure if his success is based on talent or because it is the product of the system he is in with Jason Taylor on the other side.

justasportsfan
04-29-2004, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by paulB
We don't have a first next year.. I'd give them our 2nd and 3rd, but I don't want to end up like the Redskins with 2 picks every draft. notice I said 1st pick and not 1st rd. this is why I said Wanny would think it's a steal, he's stupid enough to fall for it. :D

The Natrix
04-29-2004, 08:36 AM
NO! Can't afford him right now. End of discussion.

RedEyE
04-29-2004, 08:39 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing him on the team, but would he seriously be a good fit into this defense?

The Bills should consider it though, before NE hops up and grabs him :rolleyes:

ryjam282
04-29-2004, 09:13 AM
NO thanks, too pricey for a one year wonder. Do it for 2-3 years and maybe.

Jan Reimers
04-29-2004, 09:27 AM
I think we all engage in "the grass is always greener" syndrome from time to time. Other teams' players always seem better than ours.

I'd like to see Kelsay get a chance before we spend a part of our future on Wally Ogun.

TedMock
04-29-2004, 09:37 AM
I'm not sold on Ogun yet. I know he had a great year and had great games against us but there's more to that then "he just beat Williams all day." Having Jason Taylor on one side helps and having Mike Williams unable to pay full attention to him due to his guard playing so poorly helps as well. I'm not trying to make excuses but we all know that the tackle has to help inside first and then work on his outside shoulder. Pucillo got beat so often that he made Teague and Williams look that much worse every week. I think Ogun's good but it'll take one more year to show me consistancy. I felt the same way about Schobel. 6 and 8 sacks weren't impressing me like some others. He had 11.5 last season and if he gets 10+ this year I'll be sold on him.

BuffaloRanger
04-29-2004, 10:35 AM
I think Kelsey and Denney can pull off 10 sacks combined. That's pretty good from that position. That's also probably wishful thinking.

Ogun is too expensive. We'll need the picks next year to rebuild (Yeah I said rebuild) the Oline.

I wouldn't trade with the fins anyway. Just like I'd never trade with Dallas...oh... wait a minute.

Samphin1
04-29-2004, 05:00 PM
Justa is trying to be cheeky here, but I want to comment on it. If O-gun is to get traded, it will be for top worth. No team will want to part with that, so I doubt he gets traded. O-gun is good but he is not as good as he thinks he is. I think on any other team, where he would be the top dog on the line, his numbers would drop somewhat.

Having said that, O-gun has done it for two years straight now. Also, he was projected as a first round pick before tearing his knee every which way but loose. We scooped him up as an UDFA and let him sit and recoup for a couple of years. I think he proves that it really takes about two years to get your stuff back after a horrible knee injury. I see WIllis being the same way, probably not paying dividends until 2005. Just my opinion though...