PDA

View Full Version : I swear, I am no longer living in Rhode Island

JayWood
10-22-2002, 10:32 AM
Ok, something really weird is starting to happen here in Rhode Island. No one around here wants to talk about the Patriots, the Red Sox GM problems or even the up coming Celtics or Bruins seasons. For the past 3 days now thje only talk around here on sports radio and in the local newspaper has been the Buffalo Bills. Yesterday was all bills, all afternoon. This morning they had guy on from the Buffalo Newspaper...and the patriots game is still more than a week away. I dont know what is happening, but I AM LOVING IT!!!! I guess Iam not in RI anymore auntie Em!!:insane:

RedEyE
10-22-2002, 10:51 AM
RI = Little Buffalo?

venis2k1
10-22-2002, 10:59 AM
no kidding, i was listening to the radio in my car, after the pats lost to the packers, and the people calling in made them sound like the bungles. people were saying it was a huge mistake to let Drew go.

RedEyE
10-22-2002, 11:08 AM
This reminds me :
I was listening to the Buck and Kincade show here in Atlanta on Sunday, just after the Falcons literally crushed the Panthers. Even though the Falcons just had a big divisional win, B & K could not stop talking about the Bills. The have dubbed Buffalo as the "Scariest Team" in the NFL. The 2 DJs continued stating that they are extremely happy the Falcons had the opportunity to play the Bills last year rather then this season, and that Bledsoe has made it known to the rest of the league that he was the better QB in NE. (Of course, Brady has a lot to do with that as well.)

At the present time, every player, coach and fan in the league are checking their schedules to make certain the Bills are not on their agenda.

Crinoline
10-22-2002, 11:20 AM
Living on Long Island I rarely see any local coverage of the Bills. It is like the media here is loathe to admit New York has a real football team and not just the two pretenders in the Meadowlands. Imagine my surprise when I opened the paper the other day and there was an article on how Drew Bledsoe has been a godsend for the Bills.