X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juice
    • Aug 2003

Law/Milloy Bills could've waited

Did the Bills pull the trigger on the Milloy deal when the Defense had bigger issues. Average play from the DE position and an ageing D-line why was the SS position in such a need of upgrading when Coy and PP had done an acceptable job.

Milloy didn't have that huge of an impact last season and we knew we had an issue with re-signing AW... Would it have been a better move to wait on SS and make a power move on Ty Law or one of the other premier Corners?

I know Vincint was a Pro Bowler but he's not Law, Bailey or Woodson.

Maybe Drew talked Wilson and TD into making an unnecessary deal for a player on the downside of his carreer.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76
  • Lefty2985
    • Mar 2004

No he is a great leader and helped this defense greatly

Comment

• Pride
      • Jul 2002

The SS is more important when the oposing team is playing catch up.

We didnt score many points last year, so most teams just ran the ball at us all game.

When we are up by 14 this season, you will see more long passes being thrown, and more INTs

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
        WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
        • Mar 2003

It would have taken a crystal ball to see that Ty Law would be available this off season- which he still isn't. Signing Milloy was like psychological warfare against the Pats, and it worked great that first game. Too bad the coaches sucked the rest of the season.

The money that was spent on Milloy wouldn't have been spent last year on a DE, because we had 2 x 2nd rd picks at DE and there were no stud DEs available.

All the premier CB's either resigned with their teams or signed for tons o cash with another team this off season.
        Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• juice
          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by BuffaloRanger
          It would have taken a crystal ball to see that Ty Law would be available this off season- which he still isn't.
          Ty Law knew last year there would be issues with his contract.. Which he talked about during the Milloy fallout. Milloy didn't effect the outcome of many other games last year besides NE.

Some cash and the thought of sticking it to his old team could have convinced Law to come to Buffalo.. Maybe.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

I liked the Milloy deal a lot better then than I do now. But hindsight is always 20/20.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

law is not cut yet.. law wants to be paid more than champ, which is about 3x what we are paying milloy. and you would have been freaking out if we didnt sign vincent by now, and had no replacement for winfield at this point.. then what if we didnt get law.. we would really be up **** creek.. td did the right thing by getting vincent.
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• RedEyE
                • Jul 2002

If Law becomes available, who's to say that the Bills wouldn't go after him anyway? I'm syre Milloy and Bledsoe could persuade him to sign on.

The Bills have already discussed the fact that Vincent is getting up there in age and have consdired moving him to FS in coming years. Sign Law now with the money they saved in cap space resigning Drew, move Vincent to FS and the Bills have a powerful shutdown secondary.

Milloy, Law, Clements, and Vincent.

Comment

• The Spaz
                  • Mar 2003

Law is is asking for a **** load of money no way can we afford him and expect to re-sign or extend some of our players for next year.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                    Give me a minute...
                    • Jul 2002

Ty Law has too much baggage...sorry...pass.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• RedEyE
                      • Jul 2002

We don't need the guy. He is too expensive for one thing, and for another, I guarantee he plays out his contract his year with NE. It would be just plain stupid for him sit out this year, it would drive his asking price way down and the Pats would cut a player that doesn't have a commitment to the team...... after the 2004 season.

Comment

• juice
                        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by RedEyE
                        If Law becomes available, who's to say that the Bills wouldn't go after him anyway? I'm syre Milloy and Bledsoe could persuade him to sign on.

The Bills have already discussed the fact that Vincent is getting up there in age and have consdired moving him to FS in coming years. Sign Law now with the money they saved in cap space resigning Drew, move Vincent to FS and the Bills have a powerful shutdown secondary.

Milloy, Law, Clements, and Vincent.
                        Originally posted by RedEyE
                        We don't need the guy. He is too expensive for one thing, and for another, I guarantee he plays out his contract his year with NE. It would be just plain stupid for him sit out this year, it would drive his asking price way down and the Pats would cut a player that doesn't have a commitment to the team...... after the 2004 season.
                        Red, I can see the subject is tearing you apart.

Comment

• RedEyE
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by juice
                          Red, I can see the subject is tearing you apart.
                          I guess I should have explained myself further to avoid the contradiction.

I was replying in two parts....

1) He may already be a consideration......

2) .......although we really don't need him.

If he was to sign with the team, I can't say that I would be terribly upset.

Comment

• helmetguy
                            Touch the helmet for luck
                            • Sep 2002

The Malloy deal was just great timing; pure and simple. He gave us more experience at SS for a fairly reasonable price, considering his credentials. TY Law, for all his talent, just doesn't fill a need for us, in that we already have two quality corners. It'll be cheaper, and more prudent in the long run to sign Clements than to break the bank for a Ty Law.
                            Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
                            And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• Stewie
                              Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
                              • Aug 2002

Re: Law/Milloy Bills could've waited

Originally posted by juice
                              Did the Bills pull the trigger on the Milloy deal when the Defense had bigger issues. Average play from the DE position and an ageing D-line why was the SS position in such a need of upgrading when Coy and PP had done an acceptable job.

I don't think Wire getting burned every other play was acceptable...
                              Originally posted by Topdog
                              Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
                              Originally posted by mercyrule
                              I love Weiner.
                              Originally posted by mercyrule
                              also cheese

Comment

Working...
                              X