PDA

View Full Version : The Lions mirror our success

northernbillfan
10-22-2002, 12:54 PM
While the Bills have one win better than all of last season, the Detroit Lions have just matched last years record as well, with their Sunday win over the Bears.

They too are an upstart team, looking for something to prove this Sunday. They have failed to win on the road in the past 11 trips, and will be looking for something to prove to the league. One of the keys to being noticed as a real contender is the ability to win on the road, which the Bills have just done, winning their last 2 road games.

This will be a dangerous matchup this weekend as the Lions look to put the demons of the road behind them. THe Bills can't take them too lightly and need to stay focused, instead of looking ahead to nexts weeks more important matchup with the Patriots.

Thoughts.....

TypicalBill
10-22-2002, 01:03 PM
I dont think we can afford to overlook any game, its not like we're 7-0. The players will come out and play even better than the weeks before cuz the're motivated. The LIONS are not an easy team to beat they just beat the bears but if we go out and play like the way we played all year long(never giving up and play 60 minutes of tough football) then we'll be just fine.

Looking forward to each and every game this exciting and tough team is gonna play.

casdhf
10-22-2002, 01:08 PM
I definately think our defense will be fired up. They have played one really good game and that was on the road...they'll wanna show the home crowd it wasn't a fluke

TypicalBill
10-22-2002, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by casdhf
I definately think our defense will be fired up. They have played one really good game and that was on the road...they'll wanna show the home crowd it wasn't a fluke

I totally agree. I think the MIAMI game was a turning point for this defense. It gave them much needed confidence especially the young players, now they trust the system and they will go out and prove that MIAMI wasnt a "fluke".

Cntrygal
10-27-2002, 09:54 AM
As much as I understand the pain for the Lions (and their fans) - I'd rather they didn't break their streak this week..... (and we all know that next week, they are under THE CURSE) So they can start winning in week 10. :D

I really hope that our guys don't overlook the Lions. :pray: