What happened to you Phillip Rivers guys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheGhostofJimKelly
    • May 2003

What happened to you Phillip Rivers guys?

I don't get it, not only was I getting the riot act from some guys on this web site, but I was also getting it from some buddies of mine. Now everyone is not so confident. Is it because he went to SD and Marty Schottenhiemer? The way these guys were talking, the Chargers should be in the Super Bowl in two years. Is that still the sentiment?
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

im not sure of what you speak of, are you implying people all of a sudden think he will fail?

I certainly think he will be a great QB, but I never said hed come out the gate and be an all pro.
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

i am not sure what you are talking about either.. we got our qb.. what is the point of talking about some other teams qb now? none, imho. i wish him all the best though.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
        • May 2003

That's it?

Comment

• Frozen Tundran
          • Apr 2004

Maybe for the same reason we aren't beating ourselves up for 'losing' Lee Evans: We never had a shot at him, like Rivers he went way too high.

All the supporters of either I guess feel vindicated because they weren't the only ones who thought they were that good. Rivers went before Big Ben at #4 so no one at 13 ever had a shot at him. Evans went at #13, long before us at #25. The ones who thought either Rivers or Evans would fall to the nether reaches of Round One were proven demonstrably mistaken.
          "He either fears his fate too much,
          Or his deserts are small,
          Who dares not put it to the touch,
          To win or lose it all. "

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
            That's it?
            what is your point?
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
              Hall of Fame Zoner
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
              what is your point?
              So Tonto... thats ur new nick name
              i was wondering who you think is avail or will be available after june 1... at FS position, i wanna spend the money there on a fs with good cover skills. anyone else got any ideas, coy can still battle out for that spot with the guy we pick up

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                • May 2003

Drinking and this board don't mix.

Sorry, I was in a conversation with a couple of guys that were very pro-drafting Rivers last night and they now think he is going to be a bust. Forget what I said, I take it back.

Comment

• ryjam282
                  Offical Billszone Starting QB
                  • Mar 2003

Rivers will be a great QB but I will not root for the Chargers in any way shape or form but I wish Rivers the best. He would have been great for us, but now as BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE has put it....In Losman we Trust.......

Ryan Withey
                  Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• casdhf
                    • Jul 2002

Re: What happened to you Phillip Rivers guys?

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
                    I don't get it, not only was I getting the riot act from some guys on this web site, but I was also getting it from some buddies of mine. Now everyone is not so confident. Is it because he went to SD and Marty Schottenhiemer? The way these guys were talking, the Chargers should be in the Super Bowl in two years. Is that still the sentiment?
                    Well, if that argument holds, should we all bust your ass when Drew Henson doesnt take the Cowboys to the playoffs?

:pufpush:
                    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• NC-BILLS44
                      • Jul 2002

I still believe that Rivers will be a excellent NFL QB. I just wish we had him. I hope he does well and I hope Losman works out for the Bills.

Comment

• carybillsfan
                        • Aug 2003

Phil will be a top notch QB, I am excited about Losman for our hopes I still think that with the way the whole thing went down that Eli will be chewed up by the wolves in NYC. I'm still not that high on Ben, but Phil will be great. I will continue to root for Phil when he's not playing us.

Comment

• juice
                          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by carybillsfan
                          Phil will be a top notch QB, I am excited about Losman for our hopes I still think that with the way the whole thing went down that Eli will be chewed up by the wolves in NYC. I'm still not that high on Ben, but Phil will be great. I will continue to root for Phil when he's not playing us.
                          Will Eli start day 1 in NY.. that will be alot of pressure.. and they have line problems.

Rivers will do well with a RB and the correct system.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Devin
                            The Octagon
                            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by NC-BILLS44
                            I still believe that Rivers will be a excellent NFL QB. I just wish we had him. I hope he does well and I hope Losman works out for the Bills.
                            Pretty much exactly my stand. Love Rivers think he will be a great QB but am now a Losman fan.
                            http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                              Maybe?
                              • Oct 2003

I was high on him for awhile and would still have taken him over JP. But Ben was my first choice heading into the draft.

As others have said though, water under the bridge. Really nothing to talk about until they all start playing and we have some comparisons to make. Let's all hope that JP comes out on top. :)

Comment

Working...
                              X