X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

Bills were high on Roethlisberger

LB Grant Wiley was one of the many undrafted prospects to draw high interest as a free agent.

The Giants would have chosen Roethlisberger if the Manning trade had not been completed and were not sold on Rivers at all. Pittsburgh loved Rivers, and tried to move up in the first round to snatch him, but settled on Roethlisberger as their guy for the future. Conversely, the Bills coveted Roethlisberger, didn't warm to Rivers at all, and finally settled on J.P. Losman of Tulane.
    Its all water under the bridge now. We have Losman but it just goes to show that all the Rivers talk from the Bills camp was most likely a smoke screen so the Steelers would pick Rivers ahead of Roethlisberger, if they both slipped.
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.
  • BillsRockSOMUCH
    Exhausted of Losing
    • Mar 2004

Wow, everyone thought we loved Rivers.

Comment

• TigerJ
      • Jul 2002

Maybe I missed it, but I didn't hear all that much talk from the Bills camp on Rivers. Maybe what you heard was due to the fact that everyone was asking about Rivers. The rumors over at Sportsrumormill.com had Buffalo trying to trade up for Roethlisberger rather than Rivers.
      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
        • May 2003

That's suprising, Rivers was the best thing since sliced bread.

Comment

• elltrain22
          • Sep 2003

That surprises me, b/c I thought Rivers was really high on the bills and we were in turn really high on him.
          If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• Cntrygal
            Visually stunning but camera-shy.
            • Jul 2002

I liked Rivers....

Originally posted by notacon
            The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

Working...
            X