PDA

View Full Version : Do you think the Buffalo Bills

imbondz
04-30-2004, 08:28 PM
are one of the top most popular teams in the NFL, or on the bottom half?

Anyone know what their merchandising is ranked in the league?

Tatonka
04-30-2004, 08:30 PM
tops in my book. :D

hmm.. i would have to say they would be in the bottom half of the league though.. outside of buffalo, there are not alot of fans.. which is common for a team that has not won in a while.. no back in the superbowl days.. there were fairweather fans all over.

thefixer74
04-30-2004, 08:33 PM
I'm not sure.Its tought to be a Bills fan.Don't get me wrong,I love the Bills and have all my life.But I've seen things in my 30 years that still make me sick .

juice
04-30-2004, 08:33 PM
Down in the Dirty South it takes an act of congress to find Bills merchandise... Retail.. I'd say bottom half because of the small market.

LtBillsFan66
04-30-2004, 08:34 PM
I'd say bottom.

I from the NYC area and always, I mean always get a stange look when I tell people I'm a Bills fan. "Oh, you're from upstate."

I don't think any other team really has that association. I wouldn't ask a Cowboys or 49ers fan if they are from Dallas or San Fran. That goes for most teams.

I kind of like it though. I'm glad we don't have "mainstream" fans.

imbondz
04-30-2004, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by juice
Down in the Dirty South it takes an act of congress to find Bills merchandise... Retail.. I'd say bottom half because of the small market.

:rofl: that is so true.

thefixer74
04-30-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by juice

You should try in Ohio,thank you ebay.

Aero II
04-30-2004, 08:40 PM
Just take a look at the A list versus the B list in the NFL Catalog. We're always in the B.

LtBillsFan66
04-30-2004, 08:42 PM
I almost died when I saw a Bledsoe jersey in Athletes Foot.

Rare find in nyc. Thank you buffalobills.com.

STAMPY
04-30-2004, 08:49 PM
the freakin raiders are popular everywhere :idunno:

smack541
04-30-2004, 08:52 PM
The Bills might not be the most popular team, but they do have the most loyal fans. I would normally say that the Pack would be up there with the Bills, but the media has sold out to them and there are alot of bandwagon fans. I can only give you one answer.. and that answer is that the Bills are the best organization in the NFL. If you are a true Bills fan you are hooked for life. Wither for some reason drawn to them, or you were brought up to be one. In my case my family taught me there was no other team that existed other then the Bills!!! Thats all that matters!!!

The Spaz
04-30-2004, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by smack541
The Bills might not be the most popular team, but they do have the most loyal fans. I would normally say that the Pack would be up there with the Bills, but the media has sold out to them and there are alot of bandwagon fans. I can only give you one answer.. and that answer is that the Bills are the best organization in the NFL. If you are a true Bills fan you are hooked for life. Wither for some reason drawn to them, or you were brought up to be one. In my case my family taught me there was no other team that existed other then the Bills!!! Thats all that matters!!!

:bf1:

imbondz
04-30-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Aero II
Just take a look at the A list versus the B list in the NFL Catalog. We're always in the B.

how much does the awesome weather in Buffalo play into that I wonder

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-01-2004, 08:05 AM
I would say that there is a decent sized market for the Bills around the country. I don't think it has so much to do with the people around the county as it does with the fact that so many people move out of this area and still follow the team. I think that is why you find Bills bars all around the country.

imbondz
05-01-2004, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by billsfanone
I'd say bottom.

I from the NYC area and always, I mean always get a stange look when I tell people I'm a Bills fan. "Oh, you're from upstate."

I don't think any other team really has that association. I wouldn't ask a Cowboys or 49ers fan if they are from Dallas or San Fran. That goes for most teams.

I kind of like it though. I'm glad we don't have "mainstream" fans.

yep. I get that down here. When I say i'm a Bills fan I always get, oh are you from Buffalo?

:rolleyes: i always say, no not even close, i'm from Geneseo :D

bills_7
05-01-2004, 09:52 AM
mst people from ontario like the bills or lions.....

but the majority like the bills better, then ull have the obv cowboys, 49 ers, raiders and packers fans.....

when flutie came to buf i bet that bills fans more then doubled all around canada....

Dantheman1280
05-01-2004, 10:14 AM
I live in south Florida and it is near impossible to get anything Bills, but I will love them until my dying day!!!!

Dozerdog
05-01-2004, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by imbondz
are one of the top most popular teams in the NFL, or on the bottom half?

Anyone know what their merchandising is ranked in the league?

The Bills were top-10 in merchandise during the SB years, but traditionally they are in the bottom 5-10 with the Cardinals, Seahawks, Panthers, Jags, Bengals, Colts, Chargers, Saints

Teams always in the Top 5 range-(past 5-10 years)

Cowboys undisputed #1, Raiders, Packers, Redskins, New York , Denver, 49ers, Dolphins

Other factors that boost Merchandising rank-

-Everyone loves a winner- TB jumped up a lot last season, Pats, Rams a few years ago-

- Change- New Uni's or Logos sell- everyone wants a new look- Falcons, Bills, Lions

Both of those are temporary, though.

SACKMARINO
05-01-2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
tops in my book. :D
outside of buffalo, there are not alot of fans.. which is common for a team that has not won in a while

Had to post on this one. I live in South Florida and must say there are MANY Bills fans down here. Heck, it seems like for every 3 people you talk to, one is a Jets/ or Bills fan.

elltrain22
05-01-2004, 10:42 AM
The bills are not as popular as the Cowboys, or the Redskins, or the Raiders, but they are not as unpopular as the Cards, Chargers, and Saints.

They are about in the middle, IMO...

It is hard as hell to get Bills merchandise down here in NC

thefixer74
05-01-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by smack541

:up: :gobills: I was drawn to them as a child.Prob because I like red,white,and blue.And real men don't wear teal:shakeno: