PDA

View Full Version : Bledsoe and Losman article

imbondz
04-30-2004, 11:09 PM
sorry if this was already posted, great article.

Bledsoe and Losman off on right foot (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2004-04-30-minicamp-notes_x.htm)

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. — Quarterback J.P. Losman was a walking bundle of nerves thinking about his first practice in the NFL with the Buffalo Bills.

The team's first-round draft pick from Tulane was just a wee bit worried about what it was going to be like meeting 12th-year veteran Drew Bledsoe, the starter he has been tabbed to replace eventually.

Talk about awkward.

Then the telephone rang at Losman's Venice, Calif., home. It was Bledsoe on the line.

That was Tuesday, shortly after Bledsoe renegotiated his contract for three seasons, saving the team a cool $3.9 million in salary cap space, but, more importantly, assuring that he'll be around for a while to help the Bills win on the field and to help groom Losman off of it.

"He called me as soon as it happened and said, 'We're going to have so much fun here. We're going to take care of business, but J.P., I'll tell you what, ask me any questions, anything,' " said Losman, recalling a conversation that left him stunned...

:up:

Iehoshua
05-01-2004, 12:16 AM
As much as I have dissed Bledsoe, the man is probably the best mentor any young QB could hope for.

While I don't believe Drew's own ability can get it done, I think he's got the know-how to teach and pass on proper widsom to win.

See example: Tom Brady

Mr. Cynical
05-01-2004, 01:09 AM
I have always said Drew was a class act. While I still have my doubts he will be able to lead the team back to glory, I do hope this example rubs off on guys like JP. It is the definition of being a team player and of having class. :up:

FranchiseQB
05-01-2004, 05:51 PM
Neat story!

lordofgun
05-01-2004, 07:41 PM
I'd prefer that drew just keeps his knowledge to himself. :up:

The Spaz
05-01-2004, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun

Yeah that would be a teammate!:rolleyes:

lordofgun
05-01-2004, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Yeah that would be a teammate!:rolleyes:

It would be more helpful to Losman. :up:

thefixer74
05-01-2004, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Darth Buffalo
As much as I have dissed Bledsoe, the man is probably the best mentor any young QB could hope for.

While I don't believe Drew's own ability can get it done, I think he's got the know-how to teach and pass on proper widsom to win.

See example: Tom Brady

I agree.In a time of the Jason Williame,Kobe,OJ,and all of the other s that have big trouble,and all the self centered crybaby me players.Its good to have a player who thinks of the team and young players.He is a great guy and a role model.I think it is time the good guy finishes first this year.:gobills:

Iehoshua
05-01-2004, 08:12 PM

Err, yeah true... However Brady turned out ok.

Unless Brady shrugged off Bledsoe's advice..... :ill:

The Spaz
05-01-2004, 08:22 PM
It would be more helpful to Losman. :up:

I guarantee that Wyche and Mularkey sure in thje hell don't mind Bledsoe talking to Losman!:up:

imbondz
05-01-2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Darth Buffalo

Unless Brady shrugged off Bledsoe's advice..... :ill:

:ill:

lordofgun
05-02-2004, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz
I guarantee that Wyche and Mularkey sure in thje hell don't mind Bledsoe talking to Losman!:up:

I bet they'd mind if Losman started playing like Bledsoe! :ill:

Cntrygal
05-02-2004, 12:48 AM
I love the fact that the camp was VOLUNTARY for the vets.... and there was 100% participation!

:10: