PDA

View Full Version : How often do your opinions of players change?

Tatonka
05-01-2004, 01:27 PM
just wondering how often we actually change our minds on player...

it seems that everyone has a different opinion on tons of guys on the team.. alot of times that stems from me reading one thing and you reading another.. and once that opinion is formulated, you tend to stick with it.

i was just thinking about what players that i have ever really liked, but then changed my tune on them and not really liked them as much.. or a guy that i really didnt like, and then because of whatever reason.. i really like him now..

i know that before bledsoe came to buffalo, honestly.. i didnt have an opinion on him.. he didnt scare me when we played him.. but i didnt hate him.. i really liked him when he first got here.. and after the first 4 games.. it really cemented that.. it has been a difficult transition to actually get to the point where i really dont like his play at all.. it took every bit of last year.. i found myself feeling sorry for him sometimes.. and i still cant say that i dislike the guy.. but i just dont want him as the bills qb anymore.

i really cant think of any other player like that..

andre reed really started to piss me off to no end there at the end of his career.. he turned into such a whiner and a baby..

i did not like moulds at all after 2 years of ineptitude.. but love the guy now.. and his situation is the reason that i love reed.. i refuse to make the same mistake.. because i think reed is going to be a premier receiver.. and alot that doubted him are gonna be changing their tune by years end.

anyways.. sorry to ramble.. just wondering your opinions on this.

helmetguy
05-01-2004, 01:50 PM
Bennett was like that for me. Sure he was damned good, but it seemed that in big games, he tended to play smaller, but Talley would play HUGE. I liked Odomes, too; mainly because of that crouch.

I still support Bledsoe, even though his play was pretty bad last year. To echo Tonk, I think I feel more sorry for him than anything. I think he's a class guy and hope he bounces back from last year's abyssmal performance. He did show a ton of restraint by not ridiculing KG in public, but I think, as things went from bad to worse, he let frustration get the best of him. He handled it a lot better than several other QBs might have, though.

Dozerdog
05-01-2004, 02:00 PM
To be honest-

I try not to "hate" or "fall in love" with any player- unless they put on enemy colors.

In the draft- I like to think I stayed consistent with my mantra of "Let's see who's there" approach instead of hopping on a player's bandwagon. When that player does not materialize or is passed over- I don't crap my pants unless its a universally hated move. I remember waiting for the Bills #4 pick driving home from the draft- knowing they would not have another for 3 hours. When I heard TE- Tim Euhus I let out a very large expletive deletive. ...mainly because I never heard of him. But after 5 minutes of reflerction- I was cool with it. Mularkey is an Expert on TE's and TD knows his stuff.

I look at guys past production- and see where they fit in the current puzzle. I don't get irritated if a player who failed somewhere else comes in because circumstances there might have been the problem. I do become fans of certain players on this roster for varous reasons- but I don't get upset if they get replaced by better personel. I loved Ruben Brown but it was time to go (at his dollars)- Like Coy Wire but Milloy is better.

My opinoions of players change when their productivity / play changes.

Gunzlingr
05-01-2004, 04:49 PM
*sniff* that was beautiful, man! *sniff* :bf1:

shelby
05-01-2004, 04:57 PM
i tend to lose respect for players who beat their wives, get DUI's or get caught dealing drugs, do steroids, or act like :angry:ers in the press.
To me, an NFL player needs to be a role model for kids, and supportive of the community he lives in.
As much as i criticized Reuben Brown's play, he did a lot for the community of Buffalo, and i will miss him.
i love Travis Henry, but his dalliance with an underage girl made me lose some respect for him. i still want him on the team and i still respect his tenacity and dedication. i would just like to see him be more careful about the choices he makes in his personal life.
That is why Wire is my favorite player. He is dedicated, works hard, hits like a truck, and dedicates a lot of time and energy to the community. He is a good role model. And he's good looking. :D

Tatonka
05-01-2004, 05:05 PM
lets be honest... if wire looked like daryl talley.. you wouldnt be all about him.

:lol:

LtBillsFan66
05-01-2004, 05:06 PM
What dozer said...

shelby
05-01-2004, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
lets be honest... if wire looked like daryl talley.. you wouldnt be all about him.

:lol:

Not true. i liked Darryl Talley.:up:

Tatonka
05-01-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by shelby
Not true. i liked Darryl Talley.:up:

yeah.. but did you want to bang him? doubtful.

Dozerdog
05-01-2004, 05:11 PM
LOL... I love it when Dazydog puts together her Fantasy Football team lists. She excludes all players who got arrested, in trouble, you name it.

On her exclude list so far-

Ricky Williams, David Boston, Steve McNair, Travis Henry, Miami Defense, Sebastan Janikowski, any Defense with Romanowski on it, The Raiders defense, Brian Griese, Mark Chmura, Mike Anderson, Terrell Davis (after the mob trial where it was known he went to an Atlanta strip club) Jeremy Shockey, Kerry Collins, Peter Warrick, Laverneous Coles, Plaxico Burress, Jerome Bettis (until he was found innocent- now he's OK) Randy Moss, Chris Carter, Terell Owens (Nothing illegal- he's just a jerk), K- John Hall (busted for pot once)......Not sure about Mike Vick- the little brother got busted for date rape or something like that.....Anybody from Colorado U.

it's pretty funny. She has me check the list over for any criminals or degenerates before she submits them. If I really like a guy, I'll tell her he got busted for something . ....:snicker2:

mchurchfie
05-01-2004, 05:12 PM
:cynic:
:shakeno::shakeno:

Dozerdog
05-01-2004, 05:22 PM

shave Churche's acne'd behind- you have your own Darryl Tallly look alike!:up: :moon:

LtBillsFan66
05-01-2004, 05:22 PM
I'll take it a step further with the "lover" and "hater" thing.

I never "hated" Chris Watson, even when he stunk up the show. I'm not the type of fan to dislike someone personally if they aren't performing well.

shelby
05-01-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
shave Churche's acne'd behind- you have your own Darryl Tallly look alike!:up: :moon:

assmuch:chair:shelby

mchurchfie
05-01-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

How do you know the condition of my dupa?:eek: Do the front and you have Mark Kelso.:snicker2:

SABURZFAN
05-01-2004, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by mchurchfie

How do you know the condition of my dupa?:eek: Do the front and you have Mark Kelso.:snicker2:

:chuckle:

shelby
05-01-2004, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by mchurchfie

:spit:

Tatonka
05-01-2004, 08:40 PM
maybe i am blind to these things.. but are shelby and church a couple?