PDA

View Full Version : Winning the old fashioned way: Defenes and Rushing!

WG
10-22-2002, 02:54 PM
Miami played a very good game defensively. Other than that single play where Bledsoe hit Moulds for 70 and a TD, the Miami D held Moulds, Price, and Reed (all of our WRs) to only 7 catches for 45 yards.

It was refreshing, but this was our largest margin of victory and it was because of our defense and rushing that it happened.

If Henry can keep this up and if the D can improve itself to just being average or so, we have a great shot at winning the division. I just hope it happens. It seems that we always get excited and then vs. a team like Detroit whom we should dust, we play like crap and lose or make it a close game.

Detroit has a horrible pass D and it'll be a great game for Drew to rebound from. Drew played a good game inassmuch as he didn't throw stupid passes on the run. He threw the ball away which was good.

It was difficult to see on TV and easier at the game, but the coverage was outstanding and all of the pressure on Drew and the passing game was b/c the coverage was so tight.

Miami put up 49 v. Detroit and G.B. put up 37, so we should easily be able to put up 30+.

All we need to do is to keep Stewart from going bananas and we should be fine barring massive TOs.

Kelly The Dog
10-22-2002, 03:14 PM
wys, just a question because you were there. Wasnt Moulds wide open on a bomb that Drew missed? Wasn't Peerless open deep on a bomb that Drew just over threw? Wasnt Centers wide open over the middle on a pass that Drew overthrew? Wasn't Moulds wide open on a short sideline pass in the first quarter that Drew way over threw? Didnt Moulds drop two first downs right in his hands before he was hit? Didnt Peerless drop a ball right in his hands and Henry drop two short screens (granted there were people close to henry but he still had his hands on them. That seems like 8-10 completions that we caused that werent close coverage that we have een making routinely.

casdhf
10-22-2002, 03:28 PM
We had a few drops and shoulda beens, but they didn't really hurt us

Kelly The Dog
10-22-2002, 03:38 PM
Oh I know cas... they didnt hurt us at all because the dolphins didnt mount much of a threat on offense. I was only referring to the idea that the dolphins d played so well. I think we had guys open all day that Drew just missed. I just recall five off the top of my head. And we had five uncharacteristic drops, too. The dolphins D, except in the red zone, didnt make any plays at all. We stopped ourselves more than they stopped us.

lordofgun
10-22-2002, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Miami played a very good game defensively. Other than that single play where Bledsoe hit Moulds for 70 and a TD, the Miami D held Moulds, Price, and Reed (all of our WRs) to only 7 catches for 45 yards.

There you go taking away the longest play again. :D

Patrick76777
10-22-2002, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

It was refreshing, but this was our largest margin of victory and it was because of our defense and rushing that it happened.

If Henry can keep this up and if the D can improve itself to just being average or so, we have a great shot at winning the division. I just hope it happens. It seems that we always get excited and then vs. a team like Detroit whom we should dust, we play like crap and lose or make it a close game.

Detroit has a horrible pass D and it'll be a great game for Drew to rebound from. Drew played a good game inassmuch as he didn't throw stupid passes on the run. He threw the ball away which was good.

It was difficult to see on TV and easier at the game, but the coverage was outstanding and all of the pressure on Drew and the passing game was b/c the coverage was so tight.

Miami put up 49 v. Detroit and G.B. put up 37, so we should easily be able to put up 30+.

All we need to do is to keep Stewart from going bananas and we should be fine barring massive TOs.

Wow.......even Wade's coming around.

Welcome aboard Wade.

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/photos/wphillips_head.gif

Judge
10-22-2002, 04:00 PM
I agree with Kelly the Dog-

the Miami D did NOT play well at all. Every play he pointed to was a miss because of a Bills misfire as opposed to good Miami defensive play.

The Miami D did nothing to help Lucas out.