I have some questions for those at Minicamp!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

I have some questions for those at Minicamp!!

couple questions that you may or may not be able to answer..

everyone (reports, articles, ect..) seem to be focusing on the rookies.. but what i want to know is what about the guys that should be making a big impact this year...

1. was wire at FS, and how did he look?

2. was kelsay at LDE, and how did he look?

3. how did reed look?

4. Sully with the starting unit?

5. troy vincent?

any info on any of that would be greatly appreciated.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka

everyone (reports, articles, ect..) seem to be focusing on the rookies.. but what i want to know is what about the guys that should be making a big impact this year...

2. was kelsay at LDE, and how did he look?

3. how did reed look?

4. Sully with the starting unit?

5. troy vincent?

You and me both. People spit it out.

Comment

• shelby
      The Vanilla *****
      • Jul 2002

And McGahee.....i'm interested to hear about Willis.

Comment

• The_Philster
        • Jul 2002

I can answer a few of them
        Reed dropped a few early on but otherwise was pretty solid. I don't think we should hold a few early drops against him because Moulds dropped his first two.
        Sullivan was the starter at LG
        Vincent, wearing #23 after he and Prioleau switched, looked very good. I know it's only a minicamp but judging on what I saw today, Vincent will be one hell of an addition.
        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by shelby
          i cant believe i forgot him.. you know.. just thinking about it.. they didnt show a single video clip of him in over 10 minutes of footage on the site.. i am starting to wonder if they are down playing it, as to cause less of a controversy.

anyone see willis or henry? how they looked together or anything.

thanks for the info phil.
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Coy Wire was working with the second team, so was Chris Kelsay. Ryan Denney was starting. Marques Sullivan was the starting LG for now and looked pretty good. Troy Vincent looked dominant. He was all over every receiver he covered.

Comment

• helmetguy
              Touch the helmet for luck
              • Sep 2002

Thanks, guys. Now, the big question: How did this mini-camp compare to those of the GW Debacle; particularly, last year? Was there a palpable change in attitude? Responsiveness? Did Mikey stay awake the whole time?
              Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
              And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

i have been reading from a couple different places some stuff..

antonio brown looked very good.

mcgahee looked slow? billsdaily is reporting he looked slow and had a wrap on his knee. but i have also read disupted reports of this from others who were there at bbi. some were even saying that WM was working with the first unit and travis was with losman? and travis may have had some issues with this, causing mularkey to pull him aside? is that **** or not?

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

also apparently our new 325 lb TE looked great.. heard that he caught a 40 yard bomb from losman. he was 2 for 2 on balls thrown to him. that is good to hear about peters.

Comment

• Goobylal
                    • Jan 2004

In some reports I heard that Willis looked slow, and in others he looked fast. Chalk it up to a rookie minicamp I say. Way too early to get worried (or overly excited).

Comment

• basenjiwarrior
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by shelby

It seemed like Travis Henry looked extremely quick and sharp.

MaGahee - had his knee bandaged and was not going at full speed. His gait was off when running-was it limping or caused by his bandage...I don't know.
                      Nothing would have made me happier than to say he looked explosive.

Comment

• shelby
                        The Vanilla *****
                        • Jul 2002

Thanks for the info everyone

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

great..

i cant even tell you how bad the revolt against TD is gonna be if WM turns out to be a total dud. especially with mike williams only being average.. and drew bledsoe being.. well.. drew bledsoe

nate clements would be the only 1st round pick that has played above average.

reports about evans are good so far.. but we wont see losman for at least a year.. or more.

it would just be nice to hear.. mcgahee looked incredible.

Comment

• The_Philster
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by helmetguy
                            Thanks, guys. Now, the big question: How did this mini-camp compare to those of the GW Debacle; particularly, last year? Was there a palpable change in attitude? Responsiveness?
                            No idea on mini-camps under GW...this is the first open mini-camp I've been to since Wade left..first one they announced in all that time.
                            i have been reading from a couple different places some stuff..

antonio brown looked very good.

mcgahee looked slow? billsdaily is reporting he looked slow and had a wrap on his knee. but i have also read disupted reports of this from others who were there at bbi. some were even saying that WM was working with the first unit and travis was with losman? and travis may have had some issues with this, causing mularkey to pull him aside? is that **** or not?
                            I don't know if Travis had any real issues but they split time with the first unit. They started off with McGahee when they went to 7-on-7 drills and I did note that Henry looked a bit dejected...distant from his teammates. Now whether he was just being moody or he was upset that McGahee got the 1st snaps is something for Travis to answer.
                            also apparently our new 325 lb TE looked great.. heard that he caught a 40 yard bomb from losman. he was 2 for 2 on balls thrown to him. that is good to hear about peters.
                            well...I remember 2 throws to him ...one of which Milloy knocked down..the other one he showed some great moves and speed for such a big man.
                            Originally posted by helmetguy
                            Did Mikey stay awake the whole time?
                            He did...but Bob and Tim from our tailgate party seemed to be dozing off. BTW, saw Scotty and Denny today as well...both doing well.
                            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Cntrygal
                              Visually stunning but camera-shy.
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by basenjiwarrior
                              MaGahee - had his knee bandaged and was not going at full speed. His gait was off when running-was it limping or caused by his bandage...I don't know.
                              Nothing would have made me happier than to say he looked explosive.
                              Keep us posted please! Thanks!!
                              Originally posted by notacon
                              The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

Working...
                              X