PDA

View Full Version : Views from 122

The_Philster
05-01-2004, 09:37 PM
I'm not a writer nor will I claim to be but here's a few things I noted at Mini-camp today.

Starting O-line=Jennings-Sullivan-Teague-Villarrial-M Williams
Peters has amazing speed for such a behemoth
Former Dallas Desparadoes (AFL) Wideout Cedric Bonner shows some moves and speed throughout drills
Eric Moulds started catching drills by dropping 2 easy passes...but promptly embarassed CB Nate Clements with catches under tight coverage once 1-on-1 drills started
People started welcoming Troy Vincent to Buffalo too early...they didn't realize that it was actually Pierson Prioleau :lol:
JP Losman shows a lot of accuracy and zip on the ball...and throws the tightest spirals of all the Bills QBs
The end for Travis Brown? UDFA Nathan Chandler outplayed him with better passes and is working hard to earn a spot on the roster
Lawyer Milloy thought he was gonna skip out without being recognized going through the tunnel by removing his jersey...he was easily recognized and Pierson Prioleau had a few laughs at his expense about it

Another thing...97Rock seems to be guilty of false advertising...I flipped between them and WGR55 on the way there and they said the Jills would be there. I saw some girl selling calendars..but she was not in a Jills outfit so I have no idea if she was a Jill or not..the squad had auditions last Sunday and a new Jills roster is in place.
The only Jill I saw all day was a former Jill I saw at the Galleria after Mini-camp...a lady Clump served with in the Persian Gulf. ;)

The Spaz
05-01-2004, 09:41 PM
Thanks Phil. Any thoughts on #41 Luke Lawton the FB?

The_Philster
05-01-2004, 09:44 PM
Not really...I tried to see as much of everyone as I could...was gonna make notes on my microcassette recorder...but forgot it at home :ontome: I'm not blessed with a photographic memory. :(

Tatonka
05-01-2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster

JP Lawson shows a lot of accuracy and zip on the ball...and throws the tightest spirals of all the Bills QBs

Thank GOD for that!!!

who the hell is Lawson? :snicker:

and how did Losman look?

Tatonka
billsdaily reports that lawton looked good.

Mr. Miyagi
Nice work Phil. :up:

But WTF is JP Lawson??? :scratch:

Mr. Miyagi
05-01-2004, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
I've heard JP Morgan wasn't too shabby either. :D

Mr. Cynical
05-01-2004, 09:49 PM
:lol:

I nominate Miyagi for the "Avatar of the Year" award!

:rofl:

The_Philster
05-01-2004, 09:56 PM
:doh: I blame Spaz...he was talking about Lawton in another thread and I got all :dizzy:

LtBillsFan66
05-01-2004, 10:02 PM
Nice report phil!

I'm glad the jills werent there to distract you. :snicker:

The Spaz
05-01-2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

I like this Lawton kid!:up::beers:

The_Philster
05-01-2004, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone
Nice report phil!

I'm glad the jills werent there to distract you. :snicker:

:tongue:

To be honest, I kinda questioned the whole talk of them being there in the first place. I went to mini-camp practices throught Wade's tenure and they never showed up..and their director at the time seemed to be quite the go-getter...got the girls involved with stuff as much as possible...and was on hand herself as much as possible as well. I figured if Nancy didn't do it, Stephanie probably wouldn't either. :idunno:

mightyspaz
05-01-2004, 10:48 PM
I'm hearing so much about Peters! .... I'm excited to see this guy in the preseason. Unless someone wants to pay for me to fly to an open practice .. j/k. Is he supposed to be an FB or TE?

BillsRockSOMUCH
05-01-2004, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by mightyspaz
I'm hearing so much about Peters! .... I'm excited to see this guy in the preseason. Unless someone wants to pay for me to fly to an open practice .. j/k. Is he supposed to be an FB or TE?

I haven't heard any talk about him becoming a FB.

Right now he is a TE. You could call him a developmental LT prospect, so maybe in a few years he could become a tackle.

mightyspaz
05-01-2004, 10:56 PM
Ahhhh .... Thanx for clearing that up ... I thought somebody had said that but I was confused at a FB his size ... lol ... Anyways Thanx

Tatonka
05-01-2004, 11:31 PM
he will stay at TE.. if he shows any ability to catch the ball at all, with his blocking ability, he could be great, especially in goaline type situations.

Throne Logic
05-02-2004, 09:05 AM
Peters is the one guy, in all of the draft, that I truly hoped we landed. If they can find a roster spot for him, he has the potential to make some real big plays for this team.

Besides, I just love the idea of having a 320 lb'er out running routes. Just imaging how the opposing DB's are going to feel about that. heh.

ScottLawrence
05-02-2004, 11:04 AM
I got some question on Losman:

1. Did he have "Happy Feet"? many people keep telling me he has "Happy Feet".

The_Philster
05-02-2004, 11:34 AM
I didn't notice "happy feet" but it's known that he doesn't have the best footwork in the pocket. A positive note...the boy can move when he has to scramble.

juice
05-02-2004, 01:03 PM
Did it look like WM was taking a light practice.. Or did he look hurt?

ScottLawrence
05-02-2004, 01:06 PM
There are so many different reports from different fans..... I've read some reports that say McGahee looked fast and great, and some that say he looked slow and not 100%.

I dont know which ones to believe.

ScottLawrence
05-02-2004, 01:06 PM
Like this......

"Willis has all of the tools, he looked quick, showed good hands, and is really slapped together. Its gonna be fun watching him and Travis this year. Im not suggesting anything but i thought it was interesting that Willis stood at Ralph Wilson's golf cart and talked to him and Donahoe for about 10 minutes during the practice."

I found that at BB.com's message board.

juice
05-02-2004, 01:11 PM
Maybe thats when Henry got a little upset and didnt want to run with the Offense and MM had to go over and say something to him. I got that from the Buffalo Range.. I can see this being a huge locker room issue.

Henry doesn't seem to deal with this type of pressure well.