X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Views from 122

I'm not a writer nor will I claim to be but here's a few things I noted at Mini-camp today.
    • Starting O-line=Jennings-Sullivan-Teague-Villarrial-M Williams
    • Peters has amazing speed for such a behemoth
    • Former Dallas Desparadoes (AFL) Wideout Cedric Bonner shows some moves and speed throughout drills
    • Eric Moulds started catching drills by dropping 2 easy passes...but promptly embarassed CB Nate Clements with catches under tight coverage once 1-on-1 drills started
    • People started welcoming Troy Vincent to Buffalo too early...they didn't realize that it was actually Pierson Prioleau
    • JP Losman shows a lot of accuracy and zip on the ball...and throws the tightest spirals of all the Bills QBs
    • The end for Travis Brown? UDFA Nathan Chandler outplayed him with better passes and is working hard to earn a spot on the roster
    • Lawyer Milloy thought he was gonna skip out without being recognized going through the tunnel by removing his jersey...he was easily recognized and Pierson Prioleau had a few laughs at his expense about it

Another thing...97Rock seems to be guilty of false advertising...I flipped between them and WGR55 on the way there and they said the Jills would be there. I saw some girl selling calendars..but she was not in a Jills outfit so I have no idea if she was a Jill or not..the squad had auditions last Sunday and a new Jills roster is in place.
    The only Jill I saw all day was a former Jill I saw at the Galleria after Mini-camp...a lady Clump served with in the Persian Gulf.
    Last edited by The_Philster; 05-01-2004, 09:55 PM.
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Thanks Phil. Any thoughts on #41 Luke Lawton the FB?

Comment

• The_Philster
      • Jul 2002

Not really...I tried to see as much of everyone as I could...was gonna make notes on my microcassette recorder...but forgot it at home I'm not blessed with a photographic memory.
      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
        [*]JP Lawson shows a lot of accuracy and zip on the ball...and throws the tightest spirals of all the Bills QBs
        Thank GOD for that!!!

who the hell is Lawson?

and how did Losman look?
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

billsdaily reports that lawton looked good.
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Nice work Phil.

But WTF is JP Lawson???

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
              Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
              I've heard JP Morgan wasn't too shabby either.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                Maybe?
                • Oct 2003

I nominate Miyagi for the "Avatar of the Year" award!

Comment

• The_Philster
                  • Jul 2002

I blame Spaz...he was talking about Lawton in another thread and I got all

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                    • Jul 2002

Nice report phil!

I'm glad the jills werent there to distract you.

Comment

• The Spaz
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
                      I like this Lawton kid!

Comment

• The_Philster
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by billsfanone
                        Nice report phil!

I'm glad the jills werent there to distract you.

To be honest, I kinda questioned the whole talk of them being there in the first place. I went to mini-camp practices throught Wade's tenure and they never showed up..and their director at the time seemed to be quite the go-getter...got the girls involved with stuff as much as possible...and was on hand herself as much as possible as well. I figured if Nancy didn't do it, Stephanie probably wouldn't either.

Comment

• mightyspaz
                          Short, Furry and Cold
                          • Mar 2004

I'm hearing so much about Peters! .... I'm excited to see this guy in the preseason. Unless someone wants to pay for me to fly to an open practice .. j/k. Is he supposed to be an FB or TE?
                          ThE MiGhTy SpAz
                          - I remember watching objects fly in my house Jan. 27th 1991 (XXV) as Scott Norwood missed, But I remember holding hands in my living room as Steve Christie scored three points to cap a 35 point comeback victory with Frank Reich at the Helm.

Comment

• BillsRockSOMUCH
                            Exhausted of Losing
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by mightyspaz
                            I'm hearing so much about Peters! .... I'm excited to see this guy in the preseason. Unless someone wants to pay for me to fly to an open practice .. j/k. Is he supposed to be an FB or TE?
                            I haven't heard any talk about him becoming a FB.

Right now he is a TE. You could call him a developmental LT prospect, so maybe in a few years he could become a tackle.

Comment

• mightyspaz
                              Short, Furry and Cold
                              • Mar 2004

Ahhhh .... Thanx for clearing that up ... I thought somebody had said that but I was confused at a FB his size ... lol ... Anyways Thanx
                              ThE MiGhTy SpAz
                              - I remember watching objects fly in my house Jan. 27th 1991 (XXV) as Scott Norwood missed, But I remember holding hands in my living room as Steve Christie scored three points to cap a 35 point comeback victory with Frank Reich at the Helm.

Comment

Working...
                              X