PDA

View Full Version : what do u think of the OL and DL?

jbisset
05-01-2004, 10:31 PM
I think one of last years DE needs to show up this year. We also need a better year from our OL. Do you see anyone stepping up for the DE?

BillsRockSOMUCH
05-01-2004, 10:45 PM
I hope Chris Kelsay is ready and can step up.

Tatonka
05-01-2004, 11:37 PM
he looked good in practice drills.. he was the second fastest guy that i saw.. schobel is lightning fast though.

mykiljonz
05-02-2004, 01:41 AM
As of right now...still not comfortable with the o-line. The additions we made were REPLACEMENTS, not necessarily upgrades.

Two years in a row, these SAME guys have given up 50+ sacks a year, with no real change of personel.

I know we have a new O-line coach...but this guys last year gave up 44 sacks also. I am not saying I do not have faith, but I do not think it is fair to think the man is God.

I think Sullivan is good, but he has NEVER played the whole year without being injured. I do not care how good you are, if you do not play, who cares how good you are from the bench or from IR.

I think he is a good player, but someone will overpay badly for him next year. I cannot see TD and company overpaying for an often injured player, no matter how good. That is why I was concerned about no high draft picks for the O-line.

Maybe we can get lucky when the cut date comes around. We can also hope that Sullivan can actually play the entire season this year. He may (for the 1st time), since it is a contract year.

The_Philster
05-02-2004, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by mykiljonz
As of right now...still not comfortable with the o-line. The additions we made were REPLACEMENTS, not necessarily upgrades.

Beg to differ. Villarrial is a huge upgrade over Pucillo at RG. Of course, we could put shelby at RG and it'd be an improvement.
I know we have a new O-line coach...but this guys last year gave up 44 sacks also. I am not saying I do not have faith, but I do not think it is fair to think the man is God.

He also had a ton of injuries on his O-line last year. No coach can work miracles when you have an entire line of backups and rookies.
I think Sullivan is good, but he has NEVER played the whole year without being injured. I do not care how good you are, if you do not play, who cares how good you are from the bench or from IR.

I think he is a good player, but someone will overpay badly for him next year. I cannot see TD and company overpaying for an often injured player, no matter how good. That is why I was concerned about no high draft picks for the O-line.

Maybe we can get lucky when the cut date comes around. We can also hope that Sullivan can actually play the entire season this year. He may (for the 1st time), since it is a contract year.

:huh: Who the hell are you talking about? Marques Sullivan started every game at RG in 2002.

B-DON
05-02-2004, 06:11 AM
i think hes talkin bout jennings not sully

R. Rich
05-03-2004, 09:11 AM
I think there are valid concerns for the offensive and defensive lines. Right now, we're hoping the coaches turn these guys around (a lot of pressure is on McNally) or that they'll develop (hoping Kelsay is better than Denney). Time will tell if these things happen or if we'll need to address the lines at some point.