X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Undrafted Peters could be big find

At 6-feet-4 and 328 pounds, Jason Peters looks like your typical NFL offensive lineman.
    Except he's not an offensive lineman.

Peters is a rookie tight end with the Buffalo Bills, and a unique one at that.

Despite his size, Peters can run faster than many smaller tight ends. He was timed in the low 4.8-second range in the 40-yard dash at the NFL combine and recorded a 4.78-second time during his on-campus workout at Arkansas.

"I was always fast," Peters said after the second day of minicamp Saturday. "I always could run pretty well."

Peters not only runs well, he can catch with big, soft hands that suck passes in like a vacuum.

However, Peters wasn't drafted last weekend even though most so-called draft experts had him rated among the best tight ends available. He was disappointed by the snub, but appears to have gotten over it.

"I was kind of upset, but you have to move on in life," he said. "It's just another bump in the road. You've got to keep going."

Fortunately for Peters, several teams came calling after the draft. He eventually chose the Bills over the Atlanta Falcons because he sees an opportunity to make the team.

• SABURZFAN
    short bus extraordinaire
    • Jul 2002

this guy could be another kleinsasser.i'd like to see mularkey put him on defense in goalline situations too.it couldn't hurt,could it?
    Originally posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Dozerdog
      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
      this guy could be another kleinsasser.i'd like to see mularkey put him on defense in goalline situations too.it couldn't hurt,could it?
      If he pans out forget the Kleinsausser comparison- he'd be the guy who when another monster TE comes along they would say "He's the Next Peters"

My biggest fear pre-draft that teams would be sucked into usng a high pick on him and getting a "novelty act". It's still way to early- but this could work out great!

Comment

• The Spaz
        • Mar 2003

I hope Phil or Mike got a good picture of Jason Peters!

Comment

• Turf
          • Jul 2002

I'd like to see him as FB in 3rd and short and goaline situations. Imagine that load coming at you with speed.
          Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Dozerdog
            In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Turf
            I'd like to see him as FB in 3rd and short and goaline situations. Imagine that load coming at you with speed.
            I guess it depends....sometimes those Jumbo lead blockers (like the Fridge many years back) actually plug the hole you want to hit.

Comment

• BillsFanInMass
              The Stoner Zoner
              • Feb 2003

He will probably be a real good run stopper from the tight end position seal off the corner

Comment

• Turf
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog

I guess it depends....sometimes those Jumbo lead blockers (like the Fridge many years back) actually plug the hole you want to hit.
                Yeah but I was thinking give him the ball!
                Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Alluro
                  You Don't Stand a Chance !
                  • Jul 2002

Is this guy better than Euhus or whatever the name of the guy we got in the 4th round is?

Comment

• thefixer74
                    Member of the Official Drew Bledsoe Truce!
                    • Apr 2004

I thought he was on his size abd speed.
                    To the world you might be one person,but to one person you might be the world.

Comment

• The_Philster
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Alluro
                      Is this guy better than Euhus or whatever the name of the guy we got in the 4th round is?
                      seemed to be so far.
                      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• juice
                        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Turf
                        On Goaline:

I'd rather have him lined up on the end, either run play action pass to him off the TH fake or just let him and Big Mike or Big Jonas move the entire D-Line out of the endzone.. and Travis or Willis can walk it in.

With TH and WM tucked in tight, those 3rd and short conversions just got a little shorter.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Bert102176
                          • Aug 2002

hopefully this means only good things ahead for us
                          lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

Working...
                          X