PDA

View Full Version : Moulds/Evans or Chambers/Boston

The Natrix
05-02-2004, 08:47 PM
So, you're starting a franchise. Who do you want for a WR tandem?

Chambers and Boston or Moulds and Evans?

I'd go with Moulds and Evans. I wouldn't even have to think twice.

Shiny Chicken
05-02-2004, 08:59 PM
Actually, right now, I'd rank them Moulds, Boston, Chambers, Evans. Evans definitely seems to have potential to move up in ranking, though. But right now he's a rookie, and Boston and Chambers have already been successful in the NFL.

If I had to choose the two I'd most want at the moment, it would be Moulds/Chambers. Boston is probably a better receiver than Chambers... but Boston's personal problems and bad attitude would make me choose Chambers.

In the options given, though... I'd rather have the team with Moulds... whoever he's teamed up with. Moulds is a much btter receiver than either Boston or Chambers...

Tatonka
05-02-2004, 09:02 PM
boston is just as good and about as consistent as moulds.

chambers is better than evans.. but evans isnt even our number 2 wr.. so the question is irrelivant.. until he beats out reed.

so the real question is moulds/reed over boston/chambers

i would take boston chambers personally.

not to say that i dont like our guys.. i think it is close.. but miami has the edge..

now i will say that if you go three or four wrs deep, we have them beat..

moulds/reed/shaw/evans is better than boston/chambers/thompson/tolver

imho.

Shiny Chicken
05-02-2004, 09:04 PM
Boston's talent level may be close to Moulds' but his character does not come close to measuring up. Moulds has become one of the classiest players in the league aand I think is much more valuable to a team than Boston is.

Tatonka
05-02-2004, 09:05 PM
the boston/moulds comment on consistency was just a knock on moulds inconsistency really.. just to clarify.. if there is one thing that really frustrates me.. it is moulds looking like a stud one year and average the next... i dont care about excuses and injuries.. i am sure that he will have a big year again this year, since he didnt last year.. which will just make it a pain in the ass to get him off the 8.5mill he is due in 2005.

The Natrix
Yeah, we have the better depth, no doubt. Reed is one of the best slot receivers in the game.

Tatonka
Originally posted by Shiny Chicken
Boston's talent level may be close to Moulds' but his character does not come close to measuring up. Moulds has become one of the classiest players in the league aand I think is much more valuable to a team than Boston is.

easily agreed.

but regardless of attitude.. boston is a good receiver.

lordofgun
05-02-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
easily agreed.

I disagree. It all depends on his attitude.

The Spaz
05-02-2004, 09:08 PM
You could even take that a step further who would you rather have Moulds, Evans, Reed, Shaw or Chambers, Boston, Gadsen, McKnight? No Brainer for sure definitely option A.

Shiny Chicken
05-02-2004, 09:13 PM
easily agreed.

Not saying he's not. But the question stated you're building a franchise... who would you want on your team as a wr tandem... not just which tandem currently has the best overall talent.

In overall talent, at the moment, Boston/Chambers may have a slight edge... but they are not the tandem I would choose to build a team with. And actually, I still think when it all comes down to it, Moulds is quite superior to Boston, even just based on talent.

In a couple years, if Evans is playing like I think he will, and if we still have EMo... (which if any of you think we should cut, you're crazy.... he is the best player on this team)... I think Moulds and evans, two years from now will be like what EMo and PP were like two seasons ago.. when they were being called the best receiving tandem in the league.

STAMPY
05-02-2004, 09:18 PM
i personally feel chambers is a hell of a receiver. almost as good as moulds. younger too... i really think he's athletic and has good hands. i rate them moulds, chambers, boston, evans. evans has to be last cause he hasn't played a down in pros yet. but my head says on next seasons output... moulds, chambers, evans, boston

Tatonka
05-02-2004, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
You could even take that a step further who would you rather have Moulds, Evans, Reed, Shaw or Chambers, Boston, Gadsen, McKnight? No Brainer for sure definitely option A.

gadsen and mcknight are no longer on the dolphins

Originally posted by Shiny Chicken
Not saying he's not. But the question stated you're building a franchise... who would you want on your team as a wr tandem... not just which tandem currently has the best overall talent.

In overall talent, at the moment, Boston/Chambers may have a slight edge... but they are not the tandem I would choose to build a team with. And actually, I still think when it all comes down to it, Moulds is quite superior to Boston, even just based on talent.

In a couple years, if Evans is playing like I think he will, and if we still have EMo... (which if any of you think we should cut, you're crazy.... he is the best player on this team)... I think Moulds and evans, two years from now will be like what EMo and PP were like two seasons ago.. when they were being called the best receiving tandem in the league.

i guess i just dont see boston as that much of a distraction or attitude problem.. he was ok in arizona.. he obviously had issues in san diego with marty, but alot of players have.. because he is just like coughlin.. funny that when hollis had the same kind of "attitude problems" with coughlin.. we welcomed him here.. and he was fine.

boston has done everything that has been asked of him in miami so far. he got his weight down to 230 lbs. he has been there working out and attending camps..

i dont know.. i am just not as down on the guy as alot are.

The Spaz
05-02-2004, 09:21 PM
gadsen and mcknight are no longer on the dolphins

Lol then there even worse. I was just going by what there official site says.:rofl:

Tatonka
05-02-2004, 09:22 PM
and the fact that miami gave up next to nothing for him is just irritating as hell.. i would have much rather had boston for a **** pick, then evans for a number 13 overall..

people forget how young boston is... he still has a long career in front of him.

Mr. Cynical
05-02-2004, 09:25 PM
boston is just as good and about as consistent as moulds.

chambers is better than evans.. but evans isnt even our number 2 wr.. so the question is irrelivant.. until he beats out reed.

not to say that i dont like our guys.. i think it is close.. but miami has the edge..

now i will say that if you go three or four wrs deep, we have them beat..

moulds/reed/shaw/evans is better than boston/chambers/thompson/tolver

imho.

For a guy who wants to schtoop Brad Pitt, you make alot of sense. ;)

I agree....hard to judge before Evans takes the field, but I think we have the advantage in a 4 wr set, where they probably have the edge in a 2 wr set.

Tatonka
05-02-2004, 09:37 PM
i am sure that miami is going to run 2 wr sets alot more with Mcmichael and konrad.. they would be stupid not too..

where as we are supposed to be a running team that should be doing the same thing.. but now we are 5 wrs deep.. doesnt make a whole lot of sense.. but in MM we trust i guess.

Dozerdog
05-02-2004, 09:40 PM
5 wides deep, 2 RBs deep, 2 QBs deep.

I don't see how depth is a problem or a negative.

DraftBoy
05-02-2004, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

Agreed :clap:

DraftBoy
05-02-2004, 11:50 PM
people forget how young boston is... he still has a long career in front of him.

Yea no ****!

DolphinDevil28
05-03-2004, 12:32 AM
Wow, I am SHOCKED by the objectivity on this thread. I think Tatonka made good points.

The only reason I'd take Boston and Chambers is because both have proven they can get it done, while both are still young.

Moulds, being the excellent reciever he is, is no spring chicken. Lee Evans has all the potential in the world, but has to prove himself.

They are both damn good WR cores, though.

STAMPY
05-03-2004, 12:37 AM
isn't boston & moulds close in age?

DolphinDevil28
05-03-2004, 12:38 AM
No, David Boston is only 26.

If I'm not mistaken, Moulds is getting close to 30.

BlueFire
05-03-2004, 12:50 AM
Chambers/Boston

Moulds is better than both, but Evans has a ton to prove before he's mentioned in the same breath as Chambers.

DolphinDevil28
05-03-2004, 12:54 AM
Overall Moulds is better than both, but last year Chris Chambers was better.

BlueFire
05-03-2004, 12:59 AM
Yeah, but the thread wasn't about last year's states, but about how good the wrs are for the future.

DolphinDevil28
05-03-2004, 01:02 AM
I know, I know. I was just saying...

I think Chambers is an underrated player in the league. Look at the HORRIBLE QB play he's had to endure in his career, and he's still put up the stats he has.

He might go to the Pro Bowl this year if Feeley pans out.

baalworship
05-03-2004, 07:54 AM
Boston is absolute garbage. I don't understand how so many people are fawning over a guy that has gone downhill since 2001. Oh, yeah I would NEVER build around a player that wears nipple rings during practice and asks other players to not hit him in the chest when he is being tackled.

Tatonka
05-03-2004, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

shame that we essentially have the same oline that gave up 50+ sacks 2 years in a row.

we had plenty of offensive talent last year.. but bledsoe had no time. it is alot to hope that mcnally can fix everything.. i have my fingers crossed.

i think the bills offense is alot like miami's for all intents and purposes.

The Spaz
05-03-2004, 08:48 AM
shame that we essentially have the same oline that gave up 50+ sacks 2 years in a row.

we had plenty of offensive talent last year.. but bledsoe had no time. it is alot to hope that mcnally can fix everything.. i have my fingers crossed.

I don't think Miami's offense has ever had a 1000 yard rusher and 1000 yard receiver. At least under wannstadt.

Tatonka
05-03-2004, 08:50 AM
we didnt have a 1000 yard receiver last year either.

now both teams have 2 potentially.

The Spaz
05-03-2004, 08:54 AM
we didnt have a 1000 yard receiver last year either.

now both teams have 2 potentially.

We changed our coordinator and they did too but there's is still most likely going to be using the same type of offense basically.

Tatonka
05-03-2004, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz
We changed our coordinator and they did too but there's is still most likely going to be using the same type of offense basically.

i would say that both cordinators are question marks at this point.

The Spaz
05-03-2004, 09:57 AM
i would say that both cordinators are question marks at this point.

I wouldn't Clements has Mularkey and Wyche to lean on for help and Collier the Dolphins coordinator this is his first time with this job he has been a RB coach and an assistant d-line coach. I think we clearly have that advantage. I would also think having Mularkey, Wyche, Clements as former players thye get a different perspective on things.

juice
05-03-2004, 09:59 AM

We didn't have PLENTY of Offensive talent last year at least not at reciever.

THATHURMANATOR
05-03-2004, 11:41 AM
If I am starting a franchise I would take Chambers and Boston. Moulds only has a couple years left.

Frozen Tundran
05-03-2004, 02:18 PM
[B]boston is just as good and about as consistent as moulds.

That's a strange way to designate Boston's play, although it fits Moulds to a tee. What has been the slightest bit consistant about David Boston? He goes from 15-1600 yard campaigns to 800 and 500 injury-filled dissapointements.

Well, Evans was drafted to be your #2 receiver, so let's assume for a moment he is. I dunno whatever makes you think he could get beaten out by Reed who's more natural in the slot anyway, but perhaps he's your favorite player.

Oddly enough, the two UW alumai have already settled this question. Chris Chambers freely admits Evans is a better player. They both played together and Chris Chambers said so publically before the draft. Now, Chris Chambers is a wonderful fellow and he might have just been being nice--except Evans accomplished things in college Chambers could only dream of. His first full campaign Evans broke the Big Ten record for receiving. That record is not held by some stud out of Michigan or Ohio State, it's held by Lee Evans. Lee Evans was an NFL-calibre receiver in 2001, as a matter of fact I'm not the only person who saw them all close up who will tell you Evans was a better player on all levels than anyone the Packers had playing for them that year.

Those who were amazed at the success Chris Chambers had coming straight into the league are going to be just as surprised as those who don't think Lee Evans can beat out Josh Reed... ;-)

[B]

As far as I'm concerned David Boston has to prove he can still be a factor in this league. Moulds lost Price yet managed to put up respectable numbers, David Boston hasn't been able to accomplish much since 2001. It's possible Boston has more physical promise than Moulds, but it hasn't shown in production lately...

Dozerdog
05-03-2004, 02:37 PM
Boston has too much downside. He may be gifted- but the 10 cent head will do him in. He does not think, or act like a team player- let alone a champion

The_Philster
05-03-2004, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
If I am starting a franchise I would take Chambers and Boston. Moulds only has a couple years left.

How do you figure? His workout regimen is said to be similar to that of Jerry Rice..and he's been playing since 85.

bills_7
05-03-2004, 03:53 PM
moulds and evans

for what ive seen from evans in college and in mini camp, it looks like this kid can b a super star in the nfl

and moulds is better then chambers....

boston is jst horrible and slow

Samphin1
05-03-2004, 05:35 PM
Agreed. I applaud the nice use of brain in this thread. I expected to open it and see a Bills slaughter, but good banter for both sides leaves me with more respect for some posters here.

A lot of people don't realize how young Boston is. I believe, and I could be wrong, that he is younger than Chambers, or if he is older, it is within a year. He is only 25 I think. He has accomplished a lot for one career and coould still have 5-10 productive years left.

I think Moulds is really good if not great. Evans you cannot judge at all yet. He has all the talent but wide receiver is probably the most busted position for first rounders. It is a rela crapshoot in my opinion. Chambers is awesome, I only wish Miami would use him correctly because he is sitting on a s#itload of untapped stalent still.

If we are going straight up, I pick Boston/Chambers. Looking at the overall depth chart. I think Buffalo has better depth in the lower seeded receivers. Thompson lost a lot of respect with us fin fans after last year's houdini act. Also, Tolver, Newsome and Simmons are real raw and probably won't ever make it past fourth stringers. Snoop Minnis is on our team now two and i sthe early favorite for our third reciever spot.

Randy McMicheal is really our third option though. He is a smallish tight end with blazing speed and can catch some impossible balls out there. He is the reaosn Miami won't be out of the normal two wideout set much. He is a third wideout already on the field. Combine those two with an excellent receivng backfield in Ricky, Konrad, Morris, and Minor and we have enough alternate weapons to get away with about three talented wideouts.

Samphin1
05-03-2004, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by bills_7
moulds and evans

for what ive seen from evans in college and in mini camp, it looks like this kid can b a super star in the nfl

and moulds is better then chambers....

boston is jst horrible and slow

Wow, someone needs to go back and check Boston's 40 times because he is nowhere near slow.:jawdrop:

The Natrix
05-03-2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Samphin1

Wow, someone needs to go back and check Boston's 40 times because he is nowhere near slow.:jawdrop:

He meant slow upstairs, which is true.

Samphin, keep telling yourself that the Dolphins are superbowl contenders just becasue of adding David Boston! When you cheer for a team that historically has never been known to field good WRs, I understand that you may start giggling like a school girl just because they now have a decent group. To you they seem like some unstoppable force. But to objective fans they are a slightly above average group who may actually hurt the offense because it means that AJ FEEL-ME will be throwing more.

:lolcry:

Samphin1
05-03-2004, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix

He meant slow upstairs, which is true.

Samphin, keep telling yourself that the Dolphins are superbowl contenders just becasue of adding David Boston! When you cheer for a team that historically has never been known to field good WRs, I understand that you may start giggling like a school girl just because they now have a decent group. To you they seem like some unstoppable force. But to objective fans they are a slightly above average group who may actually hurt the offense because it means that AJ FEEL-ME will be throwing more.

:lolcry:

Natrix, where in this thread, or in any of these threads did I say Miami is ging to the SuperBowl, and where did I ever say they were SuperBowl contenders for merely adding David Boston? Neither has happened so quit lying an dmaking assumptions ok?

Also, I guess looking back at history, Mark Clayton, Mark Duper, Nat Moore. Those are guys who never took the field for Miami then eh? Because, according to you, we have never ever fielded good Wr's. I guess the fact that Paul Warfield is in the Hall o fFame never entered your thought process either. O.J. McDuffie, Chris Chambers, those guys were good as well. Perhaps Irving Fryar will ring a bell for you. His career took off when he came to Miami. Heck, even the great Cris Carter dawned Dolphins colors. So perhaps in the future, after you remove your foot form your mouth, you will do some research before spouting off.

Remember, you started this thread, don't get mad at me because some of your Buffalo faithful choose Boston/Chambers over Moulds/Evans. :rock:

Also, someone brought up that Evans holds receiving records or osmething like that. When Chambers was in college, he was in a power running offense with Ron Dayne I do believe. His coach even came out and said that Chambers suffered under him due to the running game. He said that Chambers should have been a first rounder and anyone who got him would have a stela on their hands. Miami picked him up in the second round, and I would say to that coach that he was right.

That doesn't mean that Chambers ould have borken those records in college under a different system, but it does show you that his numbers would have probably been better.

elltrain22
05-03-2004, 06:27 PM
Moulds & Evans will amass at least 1800 yards collectively, while Chambers & Boston will no where near put up the same production.

Samphin1
05-03-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by elltrain22
Moulds & Evans will amass at least 1800 yards collectively, while Chambers & Boston will no where near put up the same production.

Predictions are fun ok my turn.

Chambers and Boston will put amass at least 1800 yards collectively, while Moulds and Evans will no where put up the same production.

See I can make silly predictions too! :woot:

madness
05-03-2004, 06:49 PM
Evans > Price

Frozen Tundran
05-04-2004, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Samphin1

Predictions are fun ok my turn.

Chambers and Boston will put amass at least 1800 yards collectively, while Moulds and Evans will no where put up the same production.

See I can make silly predictions too! :woot:

1800 wonn't get you anywhere, 2300 or so is gonna win this contest. Moulds will get the 1200 or so that he gets every year, and Lee Evans will make up the difference.

You see, unlike any of you I saw Chris Chambers and Lee Evans play every game of their collegiate careers--I know what both are capable of.....

But it's still an open question...Chambers is good for 1300...can Boston get back to a thousand? Can he be part of a tandem? Who knows as of yet....

STAMPY
05-04-2004, 12:51 AM
the santana moss, mccareins twosome is a bigger threat then chambers and boston tandem IMHO

The Natrix
05-04-2004, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
the santana moss, mccareins twosome is a bigger threat then chambers and boston tandem IMHO

Agreed. Especially considering the QB.

Steve-Mo
05-04-2004, 11:43 PM
Give me Boston & Chambers if im starting a team because they are both 25 and proven while Moulds is real good, but like 32 and Evans is AWESOME but unproven.

Steve-Mo
05-04-2004, 11:44 PM
also...

The top 4 WRs for the dolphins as of now are:
Chambers, Boston, Minnis, Thompson

STAMPY
05-05-2004, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by SurtainRulz23
also...

The top 4 WRs for the dolphins as of now are:
Chambers, Boston, Minnis, Thompson

also moulds is 30. and boston has had one season of 1200 receiving in his career. 1

Tatonka
05-05-2004, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by Frozen Tundran
Moulds will get the 1200 or so that he gets every year, and Lee Evans will make up the difference.

check moulds stats.. he definately doesnt get 1200 every year... more like every other year.

Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE

while unproven, they are as scarey right now as any twosome in the afc east.

Tatonka
05-05-2004, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by Frozen Tundran
That's a strange way to designate Boston's play, although it fits Moulds to a tee. What has been the slightest bit consistant about David Boston? He goes from 15-1600 yard campaigns to 800 and 500 injury-filled dissapointements.

moulds..

1996 Buffalo Bills 20 279
1997 Buffalo Bills 29 294
1998 Buffalo Bills 67 1368
1999 Buffalo Bills 64 994
2000 Buffalo Bills 94 1326
2001 Buffalo Bills 67 904
2002 Buffalo Bills 100 1292
2003 Buffalo Bills 64 780

i would say that your description of boston fits moulds perfectly.. therefore making them both about as consistent.. except that bostons best season blows moulds away by a long shot, and he didnt have peerless next to him... it was all boston... he was the only threat on that offense and still put up 1600 yards.

as far as evans not needed to beat out reed.. reed is going into his 3rd year.. you have no idea how he will perform.. look at the jump moulds made in year three.. reed was every bit as celebrated in college, and actually put up much better stats and doesnt have a knee that has been surgically repaired twice..

i am a fan of both guys.. it has nothing to do with who i am a fan of. i am stating the obvious.. it is still reeds job until a rookie wr, who have such a great history of early success in nfl history, takes it from him.

ps.. i could give a crap about what chambers admitted.. it doesnt have anything to do with reeds skill.

justasportsfan
05-05-2004, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by SurtainRulz23
Give me Boston & Chambers if im starting a team because they are both 25 and proven while Moulds is real good, but like 32 and Evans is AWESOME but unproven.

I agree that Evans is unproven and won't play the game of which tandem is better. However Chambers has yet to make 1,000 and up to this point, Boston is nothing but a 1 yr. hit wonder. That doesn't make him proven.

Although the potential is there for both Chambers and Boston, they are not proven. If you think Boston is gonna rock because of what he did two years ago, then it's safe to say Drew is gonna light up the league after all he's been a probowler a few times.

Steve-Mo
05-07-2004, 06:19 AM
Sorry to bring this old topic back but:

Well... 964 is close enough to 1,000.And he did have 11 TDs. How is Boston a one year wonder? He was drafted 8th overall and:
1999 Arizona Cardinals 16 8 40 473 11.8 43 2 6 2 21
2000 Arizona Cardinals 16 16 71 1156 16.3 70 7 17 7 48
2001 Arizona Cardinals 16 15 98 1598 16.3 61 8 28 7 72
2002 Arizona Cardinals 8 8 32 512 16.0 34 1 10 0 28
2003 San Diego Chargers 14 14 70 880 12.6 46 7 13 2 42