PDA

View Full Version : insurance at QB

bills_7
05-03-2004, 11:22 AM
bears trying to interuped packers plans...http://www.prosportsdaily.com/players/tim-couch.html

does anyone think the bills are still looking for some insurance this yr?

warrner, collins, couch, kordell etc.

any thoughts?

superbills
05-03-2004, 11:27 AM
Kordell, maybe, but the other guys just cost too much damn money. I think they will wait till June 1, see who's out there and, if none of them are solid pickups who come cheep, we'll take our chances and let the 'kids' back up Bledsoe.

saviorbledsoe
05-03-2004, 11:27 AM
article this morning says NO for now anyway.

Dozerdog
05-03-2004, 12:06 PM
If it happens- it's only a vet min guy- besides Kordell none of those guys will qualify

Novacane
05-03-2004, 12:36 PM
I'd like to see Losman get his shot if Bledsoe goes down. Do we really think Kordell will take us to the playoffs? If Drew gets hurt/bombs out again I hope we just get the kid some experience for the future.

thefixer74
05-03-2004, 01:17 PM
I agree,and we have Travis Brown too.I don't think we need to wast $$$ on another QB.If Bledsoe gets hurt early,let Brown play.And if Bledsoe stinks it up then give it to JP.

The Natrix
05-03-2004, 01:42 PM
Screw another QB. I really don't see it happening. I think TD had his eye on a Kordell type if he didn't get one of the guys he wanted to get in the draft. Losman was one of those guys, so it is pretty much a non-issue now.

...And I don't think Travis Brown is as bad as a lot of people say. It is always reported that he looks awful in practice but during the only time it matters (in a game) he has been effective.

The_Philster
05-03-2004, 03:38 PM
Kordell or Blake...anyone else would be too expensive.

bills_7
05-03-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
Kordell or Blake...anyone else would be too expensive.

i wouldn't mind kordell but blake.... i rather they spend the money somewhere else

u really think couch would come with a big price tag? maybe, if anough teams show interest i can see him getting expiencive

The_Philster
05-03-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by bills_7
i wouldn't mind kordell but blake.... i rather they spend the money somewhere else

u really think couch would come with a big price tag? maybe, if anough teams show interest i can see him getting expiencive

1st overall pick...even though he's shown he wasn't worth it, he might still think he is.

EDS
05-03-2004, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
I'd like to see Losman get his shot if Bledsoe goes down. Do we really think Kordell will take us to the playoffs? If Drew gets hurt/bombs out again I hope we just get the kid some experience for the future.

Agreed. Kordell is terrible plain and simple. Of the veteran QBs available I think the best of the bunch is Blake, and he is definitely not a long term answer. Losman has just as much chance of succeeding in the event of injury as either of those, especially if it is latter in the season when he has had more practice time.

Bert102176
05-03-2004, 08:24 PM
we don't need no other QB's

CommissarSpartacus
05-03-2004, 09:12 PM
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20040503/1052786.asp

NFL
Brown treads water as QB pool deepens
By ALLEN WILSON
News Sports Reporter
5/3/2004

There has been a lot of discussion about the Buffalo Bills' quarterback situation this offseason. None of it has involved Travis Brown.

As Drew Bledsoe's backup you can expect to get very little attention. But with the arrival of first-round draft pick J.P. Losman, Brown has been thrust even further into the background.

"I do feel Travis is a guy that kind of gets overlooked in this situation," Bledsoe said at the Bills' rookie orientation camp this weekend. "Travis is a guy that is very smart. He has good ability. He throws the ball well."

...and...

Brown has been heard loud and clear this offseason. The fifth-year veteran has played so well that the Bills don't sound as anxious to acquire an experienced quarterback to backup Bledsoe.

...and...

After the first two minicamps, the Bills like what they have seen from Brown.

"He's really had two excellent camps that we've been together," coach Mike Mularkey said. "Just seeing him perform out here, he's very confident, very good with the field general part of it. He made some great throws out here (this weekend) and he made some great throws in the vet camp. He's a very good quarterback."

...and...

He re-signed with the Bills last December and ended up playing in the last two games, completing 14 of 18 passes for 160 yards with no touchdowns and one interception.

"I think he's a guy that can definitely play this game," Bledsoe said. "He's a guy I will lean on much like I leaned on Alex Van Pelt the last couple of years, to be a sounding board to get some input in the meeting room, to be like an extra coach on the sidelines. I do feel Travis is a guy that has been overlooked in this situation."

...more...

The Natrix
05-03-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Spartacus
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20040503/1052786.asp

NFL
Brown treads water as QB pool deepens
By ALLEN WILSON
News Sports Reporter
5/3/2004

There has been a lot of discussion about the Buffalo Bills' quarterback situation this offseason. None of it has involved Travis Brown.

As Drew Bledsoe's backup you can expect to get very little attention. But with the arrival of first-round draft pick J.P. Losman, Brown has been thrust even further into the background.

"I do feel Travis is a guy that kind of gets overlooked in this situation," Bledsoe said at the Bills' rookie orientation camp this weekend. "Travis is a guy that is very smart. He has good ability. He throws the ball well."

...and...

Brown has been heard loud and clear this offseason. The fifth-year veteran has played so well that the Bills don't sound as anxious to acquire an experienced quarterback to backup Bledsoe.

...and...

After the first two minicamps, the Bills like what they have seen from Brown.

"He's really had two excellent camps that we've been together," coach Mike Mularkey said. "Just seeing him perform out here, he's very confident, very good with the field general part of it. He made some great throws out here (this weekend) and he made some great throws in the vet camp. He's a very good quarterback."

...and...

He re-signed with the Bills last December and ended up playing in the last two games, completing 14 of 18 passes for 160 yards with no touchdowns and one interception.

"I think he's a guy that can definitely play this game," Bledsoe said. "He's a guy I will lean on much like I leaned on Alex Van Pelt the last couple of years, to be a sounding board to get some input in the meeting room, to be like an extra coach on the sidelines. I do feel Travis is a guy that has been overlooked in this situation."

...more...

:up:

I don't understand why he gets ragged on. He has looked good in very limited action. At the end of the Miami game he looked way better than Bledsoe did for that entire game. He made a nice throw on a rollout and his team mates seemed to really rally around him when he came in.

juice
05-03-2004, 10:06 PM
Blake put Bolden in the Pro Bowl.. Blake to Evans would be a dream.

Blake has to have favor with Tyke Tolbert.

STAMPY
05-03-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by juice
Blake put Bolden in the Pro Bowl.. Blake to Evans would be a dream.

Blake has to have favor with Tyke Tolbert.

mccown won out the job in arizona and was the qb in last 5 games there. they saw a lot in him thats y they didn't draft ben.

i like blake still as an insurance, but doubt it with signing of brown and losman drafting, i think we are set

Turf
05-03-2004, 10:52 PM
Losman is clearly #2. The number three will be a low budget guy. Real low. Might even be fatter than Alex. That's how low.