PDA

View Full Version : Parcells shows no respect for Bills.

Novacane
05-03-2004, 12:09 PM
I was talking to a friend who lives in Fort Worth over the weekend. He said Parcells was being grilled by a local reporter about passing on Steven Jackson and making the trade with the Bills. Parcells said something to the effect that they had targeted Julius Jones all along and felt they could still get the back they wanted(which they did) and pick up a possible top 10 pick in next years draft.

WTF? What makes him so certian we are gonna be one of the worst teams this season.

SABURZFAN
05-03-2004, 12:15 PM
i don't think that it's a dig towards the Bills.the parity in the NFL does give dallas a chance at a "possible" top 10 pick.

Mr. Miyagi
05-03-2004, 12:18 PM
And it is also "possible" that they could suck again this year and need all the picks they can get next year. Possibly.

DraftBoy
05-03-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
And it is also "possible" that they could suck again this year and need all the picks they can get next year. Possibly.

more reality then possibility IMO. Eagles, Skins, Boys, Giants-division standings after next season

elltrain22
05-03-2004, 12:38 PM
What a dick! F**k him!!!

Dozerdog
05-03-2004, 12:41 PM
I think it's more damage control.

If the entire sports media jumped up and said "What a stupid move!!!" you are going to try and spin this the best way possible.

Of course Julius Jones is better ! Of course you hoodwinked the Bills! We don't blow picks on purpose, now- do we????

Philly Zoner
05-03-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

If the entire sports media jumped up and said "What a stupid move!!!" you are going to try and spin this the best way possible.

Of course Julius Jones is better ! Of course you hoodwinked the Bills! We don't blow picks on purpose, now- do we????

good read of the situation. what the hell else is he supposed to say?

thefixer74
05-03-2004, 01:06 PM

:bf1: Thats what I was going to say,its all damage control.I thought it was an expensive trade for JP,but if he is awsome then it will be a small price to pay.

Mr. Cynical
05-03-2004, 04:53 PM

Yep. Agreed.

I respect Tuna a helluva lot and he's not the Jimmuh Johnson A**HOLE type. He's not dissing the Bills...he's being "grilled" by a reporter so he is justifying his trade....that's how I read it anyway.

TigerJ
05-03-2004, 05:25 PM
Well we'll just have to turn it into a bottom ten pick won't we.

HenryRules
05-03-2004, 05:50 PM
If Parcells thought any different - he doesn't make the trade. Why are you suprised to hear a comment like this?

If TD agreed with Parcells, he wouldn't have made the trade either. That's why he won't say the same thing.

Time will tell who was right.

The_Philster
05-03-2004, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by TigerJ
Well we'll just have to turn it into a bottom ten pick won't we.
I'm thinking pick #32...just to piss off Parcells. :snicker:

BillsRockSOMUCH
05-03-2004, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster

I'm thinking pick #32...just to piss off Parcells. :snicker:

Yep, :snicker2:

Turf
05-03-2004, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
I was talking to a friend who lives in Fort Worth over the weekend. He said Parcells was being grilled by a local reporter about passing on Steven Jackson and making the trade with the Bills. Parcells said something to the effect that they had targeted Julius Jones all along and felt they could still get the back they wanted(which they did) and pick up a possible top 10 pick in next years draft.

WTF? What makes him so certian we are gonna be one of the worst teams this season.

:frog:

Dozerdog
05-03-2004, 10:26 PM
I think he's drawing the inference that Parcells thinks the Bills pick next year will be top ten in the draft- the Bills sucking enough to give the 'Boys a high pick.

I highly doubt Parcells is dumb enough to make a trade banking the other team stinking the following year. Like I said earlier- he's just trying to placate a bozo sticking a microphone in his face.

Turf
05-03-2004, 10:43 PM
Ahh, I missed the top ten pick.