PDA

View Full Version : Less Money, Better Results?

The_Philster
05-03-2004, 03:08 PM
By Mark Weiler
Last week the Buffalo Bills re-negotiated Drew Bledsoe’s contract in theory keeping the quarterback in Buffalo through the 2006 season. Some fans were excited about the move while others were not. Whether the Bills like it or not, another rift amongst fans regarding the quarterback situation in Buffalo has once again reared its ugly head.
Once again however, and this cannot be stated strongly enough, the Bills are tinkering needlessly with the future welfare of the team, at least for the foreseeable future. It seems that Buffalo simply cannot shake their quarterback woes and controversies. But alas, the current ones are self-inflicted. This fall fans will find out for certain whether compensation and performance are inversely proportional or not. Bills’ management seems to think so apparently. ...
more (http://bills.theinsiders.com/2/256944.html)

LtBillsFan66
05-03-2004, 03:09 PM
:rofl:

He's pathetic.

Patrick76777
05-03-2004, 03:11 PM
A-hole!

The Spaz
05-03-2004, 03:12 PM
I'm glad he's shooting for the stars!:down:

Tatonka
05-03-2004, 03:15 PM
"During the 32 games in two seasons of the Bledsoe era in Buffalo, the Bills offense has averaged fewer points under Bledsoe’s leadership than it did under Rob Johnson’s. Hello!

Over the last 26 of 32 games the Bills offense has averaged 3 points-per-game less than it did under Johnson’s leadership!

Over the last 26 of 32 games the Bills as a team have actually averaged over 2 points-per-game less scoring production than the team did under the guidance of Rob Johnson, the much maligned former Bills QB. "

is it me.. or did he just repeat the same thing 3 times?

LtBillsFan66
05-03-2004, 03:16 PM
I won't even click the link to give them the page hit.

lordofgun
05-03-2004, 03:17 PM
You can't just throw out the 6 best games then average up the rest and say Rob Johnson did better. Makes no sense! :shakeno:

Michael82
05-03-2004, 03:23 PM
Phil, you are such a Zonebuck whore. :lol:

The Spaz
05-03-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
You can't just throw out the 6 best games then average up the rest and say Rob Johnson did better. Makes no sense! :shakeno:

That is terrible!:rolleyes::shakeno:

Throne Logic
05-03-2004, 03:24 PM
My god, he's actually become longer winded in his time away from The Zone, hasn't he.

Figure he'd get tired of finding new ways to type up the same old argument over and over again.

Thing is, I tend to agree with parts of what he's trying to present to us. However, he's become so bitter about the issue that he's masoned himself into the bottom of the well with this subject.

"fills me with the urge to deficate"

Tear down the wall, my friend! Be free of your self-imposed imprisonment.

Move onto discussions of 328 lb TEs or DBs, or even the cheerleaders, if you must.

Free yourself! It's not too late!

Patrick76777
05-03-2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Throne Logic
My god, he's actually become longer winded in his time away from The Zone, hasn't he.

Figure he'd get tired of finding new ways to type up the same old argument over and over again.

Thing is, I tend to agree with parts of what he's trying to present to us. However, he's become so bitter about the issue that he's masoned himself into the bottom of the well with this subject.

Move onto discussions of 328 lb TEs or DBs, or even the cheerleaders, if you must.

Nicely said!

Throne Logic
05-03-2004, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Mikey82

:lolcry:

Tatonka
05-03-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Throne Logic

i agree completely.. he is still trying to convert people by beating them over the head with the same exact information over and over and over.

he did have one witty line that that seemed somewhat fresh.

"If less money can upgrade talent, then the Bills may end up a winner. To think that it can or will is silly and naïve. If not, then the Bills will have simply gotten a two dollar refund on a fifty cent mud pie that they originally paid five bucks for and which still doesn’t adequately feed the family or provide a healthy meal. "

:lol:

now that is funny.

LtBillsFan66
05-03-2004, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
Nicely said!

I like how you put it better.

He's an a-hole. Plain and simple.

Patrick76777
05-03-2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone

I like how you put it better.

He's an a-hole. Plain and simple.

very true! and if you get too close to him, watch your ACL!

LtBillsFan66
05-03-2004, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
very true! and if you get too close to him, watch your ACL!

NC-BILLS44
05-03-2004, 03:38 PM
blah blah blah blah blah.................................

L.A. Playa
05-03-2004, 03:59 PM
Quote from Weiler" Bledsoe wha wha wha wha wha wha wha wha wha wha wha wha wha wha" then he thinks to himself " Man I'm a genius!!!!" I will win a pulitzer one day

The_Philster
05-03-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
"During the 32 games in two seasons of the Bledsoe era in Buffalo, the Bills offense has averaged fewer points under Bledsoe’s leadership than it did under Rob Johnson’s. Hello!

Over the last 26 of 32 games the Bills offense has averaged 3 points-per-game less than it did under Johnson’s leadership!

Over the last 26 of 32 games the Bills as a team have actually averaged over 2 points-per-game less scoring production than the team did under the guidance of Rob Johnson, the much maligned former Bills QB. "

Doesn't he always?

Originally posted by Mikey82
Hey...if you had put it on the front page before I got home, you coulda put it up. :tongue:
Besides, I just gave out 30,000 ZBs a few weeks ago...when are you gonna give away any in a contest? :nana:

Mr. Cynical
05-03-2004, 04:49 PM
I don't know him personally but I think calling him an a-hole is a bit much. But that's just me. :idunno:

If you look at the "point" of his article, I agree and think it is valid. The vacuum cleaner analogy is quite appropriate IMO.

But.....his delivery of the point sucked. The whole RJ comparison is waaaay over the top, especially as others have noted he removed 6 games from the comparison. That's a statistical no-no any way you slice it. :shakeno:

I have said all along that I wanted Drew cut before the season starts and still have no regrets for saying it. Now, his paycut makes it more palatable, but IMO it is still just a stopgap move until JP is ready. The question is....is $4.3M too expensive for a stopgap? At this point I no longer really care to be honest. He's here and we have JP. The reason I don't really care anymore is that I'm looking to 05-06 for a real run anyway and the important thing was getting a QB for the future. As for Drew, as long as we can drop him next year if we want to without getting hammered, then I'm pretty much done with the QB controversy.....

......at least until Drew becomes Blew once again and the cries of JP! JP! JP! start up. :snicker:

helmetguy
05-03-2004, 04:52 PM

It's just you, Tonk; but there's no shame in it. I get pretty punchy reading his ad hominem blather myself. It's actually three different things. He's just not sure which one is correct.

Tatonka
05-03-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy
It's just you, Tonk; but there's no shame in it. I get pretty punchy reading his ad hominem blather myself. It's actually three different things. He's just not sure which one is correct.

thanks for clarifying that with spanglish words like ad hominem.

:snicker:

Dozerdog
05-03-2004, 05:16 PM
OK! We get the point! He wants Rob Johnson back!!!

saviorbledsoe
05-03-2004, 05:20 PM
IM NOT SAYING A THING! Check the Spam Zone for my opionions of this wannabe.

Dozerdog
05-03-2004, 05:22 PM
Rob Johnson cos the Bills $25 Million, a #1 pick(Fred Taylor), #4 pick- and was more fragile than china. We had to add a second QB (Flutie) at $5 million a year to get the job done.

Bledsoe cost us a #1 pick (which TD recouped) and about $5 million a year - none guaranteed as bonus. He gave us 14 wins in 2 seasons.

saviorbledsoe
05-03-2004, 05:24 PM
Mark Weiler--

"Frankly, I'd say you have a bit of an anger management issue to work through if someone's opinions on the Bills, a team clearly laden with significant issues, really bothers you that much.

As well, I get e-mails from a handful of you at the fan sites and what I find comical is that all you do is hurl insults at me but provide absolutely no positive substance in support of your views. Instead, I say in my article that "excuses have not defined any QB in the history of the game like they have for Drew" or something to that effect and all you do is issue further excuses.

I mean really, not exactly up there with the intellectual giants of our day or days past I might say.

; )

I do appreciate your listening to the show though. Never fear however, the show will likely go into a brief hiatus for a month or two. After that once the season starts I'll likely be back twice a week or for a two hours. What a nightmare for you, eh! LOL As to the callers, quite honestly, I prefer none. The guys who run the site prefer a call-in show. I get plenty of solid e-mail support for the way it's being done. The call-in part is for people like you who can call in and "correct me and my ways."

Me --

oh and by the way........i love how u couldnt handle the critisism at billszone and had to run away never to post again......guess its easier when you have a 1-way forum like radio huh? especially when you never take a call.

Mark --

LOL....

No, the heights of good intellectual intercourse were what drove me away.

helmetguy
05-03-2004, 05:24 PM
thanks for clarifying that with spanglish words like ad hominem.

:snicker:

Nice touch, don't ya think?

Dozerdog
05-03-2004, 05:42 PM
Rob Johnson

9-14 as a starter- (10-14 If you count a game Buffalo won vs the colts where he started but only lasted 3 plays) Also of note- 3 of those wins were games which Johnson did not last until the end of the game, 2 being OT wins by Flutie (vs SD) and an OT win by Van Pelt (Tennesee)

Bledsoe 14-18 as a starter- healthy for every game

Tatonka
05-03-2004, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Rob Johnson cos the Bills $25 Million, a #1 pick(Fred Taylor), #4 pick- and was more fragile than china. We had to add a second QB (Flutie) at $5 million a year to get the job done.

Bledsoe cost us a #1 pick (which TD recouped) and about $5 million a year - none guaranteed as bonus. He gave us 14 wins in 2 seasons.

Rob Johnson

9-14 as a starter- (10-14 If you count a game Buffalo won vs the colts where he started but only lasted 3 plays) Also of note- 3 of those wins were games which Johnson did not last until the end of the game, 2 being OT wins by Flutie (vs SD) and an OT win by Van Pelt (Tennesee)

Bledsoe 14-18 as a starter- healthy for every game

stop it..your making too much sense.

Tatonka
05-03-2004, 06:01 PM
if you take out 6 of drew bledsoes wins.. he has a worse win percentage than RJ.

HenryRules
05-03-2004, 06:13 PM
I really, really hope he ends up getting a gig with a magazine or a newspaper ... just so he can finally learn what "maximum word count" means.

A true sign of intelligence is cutting through the BS, not repeating it ad nauseum.

Novacane
05-03-2004, 07:04 PM
#

STAMPY
05-03-2004, 07:26 PM
oh my goodness, never seems to amaza me, what i do not understand is how this guy keeps his writing job at the daily. it shocks me, i'dv think they'd release him. his work is crap. if you read one, you read them all. one trick pony. i hope he's not a paid writer.

The Spaz
05-03-2004, 07:37 PM
Well guys you heard it from the horses mouth he doesn't prefer callers or anyone to listen for that matter. I'm glad I'm doing my part.:snicker:

helmetguy
05-03-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Well guys you heard it from the horses mouth he doesn't prefer callers or anyone to listen for that matter. I'm glad I'm doing my part.:snicker:

And doing it well!

*sniff* I'm so proud! *sniff*

The Spaz
05-03-2004, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy
And doing it well!

*sniff* I'm so proud! *sniff*

:beers:

chernobylwraiths
05-03-2004, 08:02 PM

Yeah, I will do my part as well. If he gets a guest host, even if it is tatonka, I might tune in. :)

The Spaz
05-03-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
Yeah, I will do my part as well. If he gets a guest host, even if it is tatonka, I might tune in. :)

That's true!:beers:

doug45
05-03-2004, 08:35 PM
Rob Johnson was the worst thing that has ever happened to this team. I had major fights on these sites with Mark over this , but that is his way of thinking and he sould not be attacked for it. We call people names all day long on this site more and more every day. Let's grow past this and act like adults.

The one thing I don't understand is everyone pushed as hard as they could to get him out of here yet they post threads about what he says everyday. I think we should have a WYS Zone section here so we can keep all these posts in one area. You guys hang on every word he says.

STAMPY
05-03-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by doug45
Rob Johnson was the worst thing that has ever happened to this team. I had major fights on these sites with Mark over this , but that is his way of thinking and he sould not be attacked for it. We call people names all day long on this site more and more every day. Let's grow past this and act like adults.

The one thing I don't understand is everyone pushed as hard as they could to get him out of here yet they post threads about what he says everyday. I think we should have a WYS Zone section here so we can keep all these posts in one area. You guys hang on every word he says.

Rename the NO TOS SECTION... THE WYS ASS SECTION

The Natrix
05-03-2004, 08:43 PM
Why do so many people warn posters about personal attacks against Mark Weiler? He doesn't post here. He is an independent writer/radio host now.

If people can't attack him, then they shouldn't be allowed to call Prisco an idiot or Rob Johnson a surfer boy dumb ****.

Philagape
05-03-2004, 11:53 PM
If you don't count Bledsoe's wins, he's lost every game he's played here.

STAMPY
05-04-2004, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Philagape
If you don't count Bledsoe's wins, he's lost every game he's played here.

saviorbledsoe
05-04-2004, 05:15 AM
Originally posted by The Natrix
Why do so many people warn posters about personal attacks against Mark Weiler? He doesn't post here. He is an independent writer/radio host now.

If people can't attack him, then they shouldn't be allowed to call Prisco an idiot or Rob Johnson a surfer boy dumb ****.

Hypocracy....their fishing buddy's show pissed me off last week so I told him off short and sweet via email. When he emailed me back he let me know that "the Bills are nothing more than a marketing ploy by Tom Donahoe" and I should not stick up for them the way that I do. But because my original email was quick and to the point and didnt include stats or a long winded Nice Guy speach I was ridiculed and my point was lost. My post, which basically was of the same subject matter as this one, was moved within 10 minutes to the spam zone.

So you see the politics are smelly as a Miami Dolphin stinky fish around here sometimes.....:fishfry:

buffmaniac
05-04-2004, 08:15 AM
That was a horrible article.
If Bledsoe had weapons this year then I didn't see them. I mean Price, Centers, and Riemersma were gone. Moulds was injured. Henry was also battling injuries. Our 2 best OL Mike Williams and Jonas Jennings both had to battle injuries throughout the year as well. Josh Reed has sophmore struggles early on. Shaw is average at best. Last year Bledsoe had nothing to work with.

Then you can throw in the fact that we had 1 of the most incompetent offensive coordinators in the league. I mean his offensive schemes were too complicated, were too pass oriented, and quite simply they did not fit the players we had here. We needed to make some sort of adjustments but we didn't. The inexperienced OL coaches and the lack of a QB coach didn't help either.

DraftBoy
05-04-2004, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe

Hypocracy....their fishing buddy's show pissed me off last week so I told him off short and sweet via email. When he emailed me back he let me know that "the Bills are nothing more than a marketing ploy by Tom Donahoe" and I should not stick up for them the way that I do. But because my original email was quick and to the point and didnt include stats or a long winded Nice Guy speach I was ridiculed and my point was lost. My post, which basically was of the same subject matter as this one, was moved within 10 minutes to the spam zone.

So you see the politics are smelly as a Miami Dolphin stinky fish around here sometimes.....:fishfry:

Your a damn liar your original email was nothing more than a flame against mark and you only posted his reply to gain support. It was as Dozer said a personal vendetta that for some reason you felt like sharing. I dont honestly care what you call him but you only present one side of the story until pressed to provide yours. Politics my ass, its not our fault your a lousy poster.

Tatonka
05-04-2004, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by DraftBoy
Politics my ass, its not our fault your a lousy poster.

i blame his parents. :snicker:

Dozerdog
05-04-2004, 09:26 AM
Hypocracy....their fishing buddy's show pissed me off last week so I told him off short and sweet via email.

Dear Mark-

** *** ***** *** you mother ****** ***** *** and the horse you rode in on.

Love, Saviorbledsoe

saviorbledsoe
05-04-2004, 09:34 AM
As i stated clearley several times in that thread.......my original email of insults and the insults he threw back are not the point. YOU ARE ALL RIGHT I DESERVED THE MUD SLINGED BACK AT ME. Thats NOT MY POINT.

MY POINT IS. You ready?????? Can you all read this now? MY point is the part that WASNT MUD SLINGING AT ME. The part that he said "As to the team, let's see how "gung ho" you are after Donahoe finishes playing marketing games with the Bills and leaves them wallowing in the mud for another half a decade. Let me guess, you'll be the very first one *****ing and pissing and moaning about how everything at OBD sucks. LOL "

So I was merely pointing out the true opinions of this so called sports writer. I am not complaining or even pointing out the mud slinging done by either of us...........just the quote. If you cant make the distinction between the mudslinging and the quote than I give up trying to reach you.

saviorbledsoe
05-04-2004, 09:37 AM

I blame your brother and sister.......i mean parents........ oh you are in Virginia.....thats right they are 1 and the same there :snicker:

chernobylwraiths
05-04-2004, 09:37 AM
I think it is obvious that the man hates Bledsoe and Tom Donahoe. Hell, he doesn't seem to like anyone on the offensive line either.

I still think his tirade against Patrick was funny as hell. Is he really that paranoid and confused?

Alluro
05-04-2004, 10:07 AM
Despite his tired delivery and long winded articles, I believe Weiler is right on the money with respect to Bledsoe. It will be an incredibly tedious task trying to make the playoffs with him, and we have NO SHOT WHATSOEVER at winning the superbowl with Drew Bledsoe. We still might not have a shot with JP Losman, but i'd rather play someone with potential, than someone that we all know will make a boneheaded play in a crucial situations ie: take a sack, throw a pick, throw it away on fourth down.....I've said it before, and i'll say it again, every season we have drew bledsoe starting for this team is a WASTED season. While I refuse to hit people over the head again, and again, and again with the same tired diatribe like Mark, my viewpoint remains the same. I'm really hoping that this is the last year we have to see Drew as a QB on this team. He should have been cut instead of having him renegotiate. The guy's career record (11 freaking years !!) is under .500...he's a loser

Dozerdog
05-04-2004, 10:14 AM

I blame your brother and sister.......i mean parents........ oh you are in Virginia.....thats right they are 1 and the same there :snicker:

Attack the post- not the poster- this is the umpteenth warning I've put up between the two of you.

Next one earns a week off.

saviorbledsoe
05-04-2004, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Alluro
we have NO SHOT WHATSOEVER at winning the superbowl with Drew Bledsoe.

I cant wait. I can see the crows flying towards you right now :woot:

saviorbledsoe
05-04-2004, 10:16 AM

Attack the post- not the poster- this is the umpteenth warning I've put up between the two of you.

Next one earns a week off.

Sorry Dad ;)

Dozerdog
05-04-2004, 10:20 AM
Despite his tired delivery and long winded articles, I believe Weiler is right on the money with respect to Bledsoe. It will be an incredibly tedious task trying to make the playoffs with him, and we have NO SHOT WHATSOEVER at winning the superbowl with Drew Bledsoe. We still might not have a shot with JP Losman, but i'd rather play someone with potential, than someone that we all know will make a boneheaded play in a crucial situations ie: take a sack, throw a pick, throw it away on fourth down.....I've said it before, and i'll say it again, every season we have drew bledsoe starting for this team is a WASTED season. While I refuse to hit people over the head again, and again, and again with the same tired diatribe like Mark, my viewpoint remains the same. I'm really hoping that this is the last year we have to see Drew as a QB on this team. He should have been cut instead of having him renegotiate. The guy's career record (11 freaking years !!) is under .500...he's a loser

I completely respect that opinion- Alluro- I don't agree with it- it's a bit simplistic to look at an overall record of a QB and say that's his only measuring stick- There have been a lot of great QBs in NFL history saddled with poor teams- heck - there are a lot of very good QBs out there now on bad teams. And vice versa- there are some average to poor QBs who have winning records or wona Super Bowl-

I'll look at the picture as a whole. If everyone does their Job and Bledsoe fails- dump him. If poor coaching, injuries, and poor play by others all add up- anyone you put back there will fail.

Going back to 2002 one day before cutting Rob Johnson- who would have been your choice at QB? What success would they have had in Gillbride's hideous offense?

Alluro
05-04-2004, 10:23 AM
I'm just curious...If Bledsoe gets off to a terrible start this season, and I suspect he will, will everyone here support him and say "let him play his way out of it" or will you finally realize that drew bledsoe is not a part of the solution, or even a part of the problem...He is the problem. Food for thought.

if it means anything, i hope i'm wrong, but Bledsoe has shown me nothing that would indicate otherwise. He just needs too many things to go right for him to be super bowl winning caliber qb

Dozerdog
05-04-2004, 10:28 AM
I'm just curious...If Bledsoe gets off to a terrible start this season, and I suspect he will, will everyone here support him and say "let him play his way out of it" or will you finally realize that drew bledsoe is not a part of the solution, or even a part of the problem...He is the problem. Food for thought.

if it means anything, i hope i'm wrong, but Bledsoe has shown me nothing that would indicate otherwise. He just needs too many things to go right for him to be super bowl winning caliber qb

If he has 4 seconds to throw, misses open WR's, and throws bad interceptions (Not the kind that bounce off a WR's pads) then by allmeans bench him. But the Bills better have a good backup plan.

Putting in Losman "just because' won't cut it- may cause more harm than good. While I back almost all of TD's decisions 100%- I would love a vet backup in here before camp. A Charlie Batch type.

saviorbledsoe
05-04-2004, 10:29 AM

If he fails to get it done I will be ready for Losman by week 5. But its got to be obviously his fault. Look below for a reason why it wasnt ALL his fault last year.

Originally posted by buffmaniac
That was a horrible article.
If Bledsoe had weapons this year then I didn't see them. I mean Price, Centers, and Riemersma were gone. Moulds was injured. Henry was also battling injuries. Our 2 best OL Mike Williams and Jonas Jennings both had to battle injuries throughout the year as well. Josh Reed has sophmore struggles early on. Shaw is average at best. Last year Bledsoe had nothing to work with.

Then you can throw in the fact that we had 1 of the most incompetent offensive coordinators in the league. I mean his offensive schemes were too complicated, were too pass oriented, and quite simply they did not fit the players we had here. We needed to make some sort of adjustments but we didn't. The inexperienced OL coaches and the lack of a QB coach didn't help either.

Alluro
05-04-2004, 10:31 AM

I completely respect that opinion- Alluro- I don't agree with it- it's a bit simplistic to look at an overall record of a QB and say that's his only measuring stick- There have been a lot of great QBs in NFL history saddled with poor teams- heck - there are a lot of very good QBs out there now on bad teams. And vice versa- there are some average to poor QBs who have winning records or wona Super Bowl-

I'll look at the picture as a whole. If everyone does their Job and Bledsoe fails- dump him. If poor coaching, injuries, and poor play by others all add up- anyone you put back there will fail.

Going back to 2002 one day before cutting Rob Johnson- who would have been your choice at QB? What success would they have had in Gillbride's hideous offense?

I agree with the simplistic assessment comment on his W-L record. This debate has been carried on so many times with statistics, game reviews, etc, but all of those things can be skewed. Personally, I like to look at QB rating as a good measuring stick of the effectiveness of given QB (Bledsoe's is terrible for a frontline qb btw) but even that can be argued. In the final analysis, winning is all that matters, and winning is what a qb is judged on; hence the W-L record comment. John Elway may not have had great statistics at least early in his career, but he always found a way to win games. Dan Marino didn't have the best team in the league ever year but the dolphins were always a threat. Even Doug Flutie, while he was here, found ways to win games...sometimes looking ugly doing it.

The real problem with Drew is that he doesn't process information fast enough for today's NFL. Yeah, being more mobile would help, having a better line sure, but even with that he takes too much time deciding which receiver to throw the ball to. I'm not sure that you can fix a qbs internal clock if it hasn't been able to be fixed after 11 years

Dozerdog
05-04-2004, 10:31 AM

Again- who would have been your choice? Blake? Chandler? What do they need in front of them to win it all?

Alluro
05-04-2004, 10:35 AM

If he fails to get it done I will be ready for Losman by week 5. But its got to be obviously his fault. Look below for a reason why it wasnt ALL his fault last year.

Good deal...And if Bledsoe has a 1996 or 1997 flashback this season I will be first in line to eat crow. In fact, nothing would be better as long as the bills are winning. It's just, as i've stated previously...i really just don't see it with drew. He doesn't have "it" as a qb.

And as for the possible reasons for him not producing last year...The decline began midway through his first season with us. He just had such a brilliant first half that the numbers covered up his poor play afterwards. Hey, like I said, I hope i'm wrong, but i'm not holding my breath waiting for Drew to play like he did almost 10 years ago

R. Rich
05-04-2004, 10:37 AM
Hopefully, the offensive line will not be an issue, with better coaching from McNally and possibly another free agent acquisition after June 1st (?) for the interior OL. Also, with the drafting of Evans and with Tolbert coming over to coach the WRs, let's hope that isn't an issue either. Finally, Wyche can only help both Bledsoe and Losman. So, if everyone does their job, there'll be no excuses for Drew if he doesen't do well. Let's hope that all goes well and the controversy will die.

Alluro
05-04-2004, 10:39 AM

Again- who would have been your choice? Blake? Chandler? What do they need in front of them to win it all?

Definitely not Chandler. I would have taken Blake...at least with Blake we would have had another first rounder to try and fill out the roster with. Also, Blake would not have commanded as much salary as drew so we would have had more money under the cap to again fill out the roster. If i had to choose between Blake and Bledsoe, i'd take Bledsoe by a slim margin. If i had to pick between Bledsoe vs. Blake, a first round draft choice, and salary cap space...I'll take the Blake package all day.

Dantheman1280
05-04-2004, 10:44 AM
Then you are on drugs, don't get me wrong I don't love Bledsoe but Blake BLOWS with a capital B.

Tatonka
05-04-2004, 10:51 AM

Dear Mark-

Love, Saviorbledsoe

Alluro
05-04-2004, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Dantheman1280
Then you are on drugs, don't get me wrong I don't love Bledsoe but Blake BLOWS with a capital B.

I understand the visceral reaction to the name Blake, but before passing judgement, consider the following.

Jeff Blake has a higher career qb rating that Drew Bledsoe: 78.1 to 76.7.

In Jeff Blake's best season, he threw 28 TDs and passed for 3800 yds. In Drew Bledsoe's best season he threw for 28 TDs and 3700 yds..

Now granted, Blake doesn't have Bledsoe's arm, but he's much more mobile, and he makes better decisions than Drew with the football. And like I said, in a player vs player comparison i'd go with Drew . But if you include a first round draft choice, plus extra salary cap space in addition to Blake, Blake is clearly the best choice for the buffalo bills franchise.

The thing Bledsoe has that Blake doesn't, is a marquee name. for that reason, Drew provided a tremendous boost to the community and got a lot of people interested in the bills again. from a marketing perspective, getting drew was a coup. In terms of wins and losses on the field however, i think it's debatable as to which QB and which scenario would have been better for this team

saviorbledsoe
05-04-2004, 10:55 AM

Dear Mark-

Love, Saviorbledsoe

it said something about " **** your buddies too" :)

Tatonka
05-04-2004, 10:58 AM
the only thing that drew's name has done for buffalo is boost turnovers..

Alluro
05-04-2004, 11:07 AM
On the plus side for drew, i don't think i've ever seen a QB as tough. The guy regularly gets the #$%^& knocked out of him and he keeps coming back for more. While that doesn't have a lot do with helping our team win, i admire the way he withstands it all...

and you won't get an argument from me on the turnover thing Tonk.

The Spaz
05-04-2004, 11:15 AM
It's a new season which means to me everyone has a clean slate.

Tatonka
05-04-2004, 11:16 AM
no one can argue it.. in 32 games as a Bill.. he has 41 turnovers.. that doesnt even count the numerous fumbles that he got lucky and recovered or had one of his own guys recover...

in the same time... 39 tds.. wow.. more turnovers than tds.. super impressive... this includes his 14td/3int run early in 2002.. you can figure out how bad it would look if he didnt have a good 6 game stretch.

Tatonka
05-04-2004, 11:17 AM

i wish it was that easy.. i wish players just dropped old tendencies just because it is a new season..

The Spaz
05-04-2004, 11:19 AM
i wish it was that easy.. i wish players just dropped old tendencies just because it is a new season..

Well the panthers dropped there habbit of losing 15 in a row!:up:

saviorbledsoe
05-04-2004, 11:20 AM
no one can argue it.. in 32 games as a Bill.. he has 41 turnovers.. that doesnt even count the numerous fumbles that he got lucky and recovered or had one of his own guys recover...

in the same time... 39 tds.. wow.. more turnovers than tds.. super impressive... this includes his 14td/3int run early in 2002.. you can figure out how bad it would look if he didnt have a good 6 game stretch.

Yes Wys Jr. Lets turn the stats around to favor our arguement. I wonder how many of those turnovers were not his fault............ie. tipped pass by a receiver leading to interception, receiver running wrong route leading to int, fumbles due to missed blocks.

The Spaz
05-04-2004, 11:21 AM
Alos nobody can predict the future who could have told me Panthers in the Super Bowl or that Tom Brady would be a 2 time Super Bowl MVP? ??It goes to show you that any year anything can happen to a team and a player.

STAMPY
05-04-2004, 11:21 AM

travis henry did last year, got over fumblitis

Alluro
05-04-2004, 11:24 AM

Yes Wys Jr. Lets turn the stats around to favor our arguement. I wonder how many of those turnovers were not his fault............ie. tipped pass by a receiver leading to interception, receiver running wrong route leading to int, fumbles due to missed blocks.

This would only be true if you assumed that Drew was a special case compared to the rest of the league and that for some reason he had a disproportionate number of turnovers that were not his fault. Now, outside of going over each turnover and analyzing them one by one, why should we give drew the benefit of the doubt? And Drew isn't some guy that just came on the scene, he has had some awful seasons as far as turnovers go in the past.

saviorbledsoe
05-04-2004, 11:26 AM

This would only be true if you assumed that Drew was a special case compared to the rest of the league and that for some reason he had a disproportionate number of turnovers that were not his fault. Now, outside of going over each turnover and analyzing them one by one, why should we give drew the benefit of the doubt? And Drew isn't some guy that just came on the scene, he has had some awful seasons as far as turnovers go in the past.

I am not saying that Drew didnt faulter the last year and a half. He has. But to put all the blame on him is rediculous. Just as it would be for ANY qb.

Alluro
05-04-2004, 11:35 AM

I am not saying that Drew didnt faulter the last year and a half. He has. But to put all the blame on him is rediculous. Just as it would be for ANY qb.

I don't think anyone would place "all" the blame on drew for the turnovers, as you wouldn't with any qb. But all NFL qbs have to deal with the same defenses, and same challenges as the next qb...for whatever reason, when drew bledsoe is behind center there are more turnovers created than with most other teams. What % of that is drew, and what % of that is the rest of the team..that is the question. Obviously, i'm in the camp that would put a LARGER portion of the blame on drew.

I don't know...I've got to get some work done so this will probably be my last post of the day. I'm optimistic about the coming year, although cautiously, as i'm willing to give the coaching staff a chance to see what they can do with Drew. If however, we get into week 5 , and drew is still the same player...the guy has to go..Period.Let the Losman era begin early. I hope i'm wrong about drew but i doubt it. it's been fun..i'll try to catch up on the discussion later this evening around 11 EST. late

L.A. Playa
05-04-2004, 11:53 AM
The funny thing to me is to see a guy rip into every decision made by management of a team with the same tireless arguement. I was not here was Wys a staunch Rob Johnson guy ?? If he was maybe hise relentless attack on Bledsoe and Donahoe is to get some sort of twisted revenge in his mind. As for Donahoe making decisions to market the team, I would think that is part of every GM's job in every sports league in the world, you have to do something to make your fan interest rise, Bledsoe's stats speak for themselves, either you love him or hate him it seems. I think people expect more from him because of what is percieved as his awesome "talent". Talent is subjective and if he where a 3rd round QB I dont think people would point fingers at what he hasn't done as much. I think Mark Weiler is a terrible writer, he may be a great guy, I dont know him personally, but he is a terrible writer and analyst because he sees no other way but his, and can never compromise on his beliefs or give anyone else credit. As for Bledsoe the bottom line is he is our QB going into this year and he needs the fans support, sports is funny he could have an average year and a great w-l record in the infamous word of Reginald Denny can't we all just get along ????

R. Rich
05-04-2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by pmacla
... in the infamous word of Reginald Denny can't we all just get along ????

Those words were spoken by Rodney King. To answer that question: apparently, no.

doug45
05-04-2004, 02:52 PM
On the plus side for drew, i don't think i've ever seen a QB as tough. The guy regularly gets the #$%^& knocked out of him and he keeps coming back for more.

No QB ever spent more time on the ground then RJ. I think he could get a job as an astro turf expert. LOL,The trick is not going down and making the play.

Mr. Miyagi
05-04-2004, 02:53 PM
I wish you guys would stop posting Wieler's articles. It circumvents my Ignore function. :mad:

Dozerdog
05-04-2004, 03:00 PM
I understand the visceral reaction to the name Blake, but before passing judgement, consider the following.

Jeff Blake has a higher career qb rating that Drew Bledsoe: 78.1 to 76.7.

In Jeff Blake's best season, he threw 28 TDs and passed for 3800 yds. In Drew Bledsoe's best season he threw for 28 TDs and 3700 yds..

Now granted, Blake doesn't have Bledsoe's arm, but he's much more mobile, and he makes better decisions than Drew with the football. And like I said, in a player vs player comparison i'd go with Drew . But if you include a first round draft choice, plus extra salary cap space in addition to Blake, Blake is clearly the best choice for the buffalo bills franchise.

The thing Bledsoe has that Blake doesn't, is a marquee name. for that reason, Drew provided a tremendous boost to the community and got a lot of people interested in the bills again. from a marketing perspective, getting drew was a coup. In terms of wins and losses on the field however, i think it's debatable as to which QB and which scenario would have been better for this team

My biggest issue with Blake is he couldn't hold a job on 4 pretty bad teams. What makes you think we would not be #5 looking for his replacement?

The Natrix
05-04-2004, 03:04 PM

his replacement?

Harrington or Ramsey

Tatonka
05-04-2004, 03:10 PM

calling me wys jr. is a personal attack. therefore savior should be suspended for a week i think. ;)

savior.. for every int or fumble that wasnt drews fault.. it is counter balanced by all the ones that should have been intercepted but receivers made great plays on to make the catch or knock the ball away from the defensive back.. or offensive lineman jumping on drews fumbles ect.. it all evens out.

Alos nobody can predict the future who could have told me Panthers in the Super Bowl or that Tom Brady would be a 2 time Super Bowl MVP? ??It goes to show you that any year anything can happen to a team and a player.

excellent point spaz.. excellent point.. and i agree... if i didnt, it would be a waste of time to even watch the bills this year.

Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
travis henry did last year, got over fumblitis

another excellent point.. but he was a young player who had not shown a history of doing that.. he wasnt a fumbler in college.. adn wasnt a fumbler in his first year here.. so i would say that 2002 was more of an abnormality for henry, than the norm.

Tatonka
05-04-2004, 03:12 PM
oops

Mr. Miyagi
05-04-2004, 03:14 PM
What's with the self-quoting T?

chernobylwraiths
05-04-2004, 03:14 PM
What did you quote yourself T? :idunno:

And how the hell did it get erased so quickly?

Dozerdog
05-04-2004, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix
Harrington or Ramsey

So, how do you get these guys when they were selected before the Bills?

You were willing, on day 1 of the 2002 draft, with no Bills QB (except AVP and TB), to give up the 4th pick and the 36th pick in the draft to move up 2 spots? With a roster full of OL holes, DL, LB, and Safety holes?

Or did you just want to pick Ramsey at #4? A guy so good, already replaced in year 3.

as they say in the guiness ads- BRILLIANT!

juice
05-04-2004, 03:22 PM
My biggest issue with Blake is he couldn't hold a job on 4 pretty bad teams. What makes you think we would not be #5 looking for his replacement?

Blake is a baller and would do a good job off of the bench and would not be overwhelmed at the chance to start if it came up.

At all of his 4 stops he hasn't had that Kordell season, no major letdowns... and he consistently sends his recievers to the Pro Bowl.

The Natrix
05-04-2004, 03:45 PM

So, how do you get these guys when they were selected before the Bills?

You were willing, on day 1 of the 2002 draft, with no Bills QB (except AVP and TB), to give up the 4th pick and the 36th pick in the draft to move up 2 spots? With a roster full of OL holes, DL, LB, and Safety holes?

Or did you just want to pick Ramsey at #4? A guy so good, already replaced in year 3.

as they say in the guiness ads- BRILLIANT!

Try and trade down or get Ramsey like we got Losman.

Anyway, let's stop rehashing the past.

Tatonka
05-04-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
What's with the self-quoting T?

i meant to hit edit to correct some spelling mistakes.. and hit quote, but didnt realize it..

STAMPY
05-04-2004, 04:27 PM
i meant to hit edit to correct some spelling mistakes.. and hit quote, but didnt realize it..

why did you change your title, billschamps set you up!

Morgoth
05-04-2004, 05:03 PM
Why did someone empower WYS by posting a thread containing his nihlistic little article. What's worse is that it has 94 posts in it, 95 including this one by me. Damn.

Tatonka
05-04-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
why did you change your title, billschamps set you up!

i am gonna change it to "i love heroin junkies who blow their brains out".

you like that one?

Mr. Cynical
05-04-2004, 06:05 PM

Good point. But this is exactly the point about Drew....what makes you (or anyone) think that Drew is going to reverse 11 years of the past and become a consistent, very good QB?

You (again, not you specifically) can't have it both ways. Either the past is irreversible or it isn't. If you believe Drew can do it (given his history) then you can believe Blake can. I however believe neither can since I'm a firm believer in player trends over many years, i.e., they don't suddenly change dramatically. But again, you need many years of data to do this. A player with just a few years can go either way.

Now, I'm not a huge Blake fan but like Alluro I do feel every season under Drew is for the most part a waste. Even if he improves, he has never show the ability to consistently win big games. Therefore, even if by some miracle we make to the playoffs, the odds are he will choke.

So, as I've said before, my emotions for this season will for the most part be kept in check because my hopes are really on the 05 or 06 season to really have a chance. Reason being a) MM/TC will have a couple of years in their new roles, and b) Drew will be gone and Losman in. My biggest concern is the aging of the defense and the FA situation by then. But every team faces it so it is what it is.

Dozerdog
05-04-2004, 06:08 PM
Basically, no matter how DB does, if the Bills fail to win it all it will ultimately be his responsibility and his cross to bear. No wide rights, no 40 points given up by the defense- no robbed calls.

....and if they do win it all- it was despite him.....

No win situation

The Spaz
05-04-2004, 07:01 PM
Basically, no matter how DB does, if the Bills fail to win it all it will ultimately be his responsibility and his cross to bear. No wide rights, no 40 points given up by the defense- no robbed calls.

No win situation

Sad but true.

Alluro
05-04-2004, 07:11 PM

No win situation

I don't agree...If Bledsoe has a good year and we make the playoffs, he will get more than enough credit for our success.

In my case, as I can't speak for everyone else, I just don't see it happening. Actually, i'll settle for less than that. I just want us to have a winning record. It would be nice to just be in contention again. Another abysmal season with Bledsoe at the helm should spell his removal. Again, i'm not holding my breath waiting for Drew to turn it around

The_Philster
05-04-2004, 07:36 PM
And with a new coach, coordinator, QB coach :up:

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
I wish you guys would stop posting Wieler's articles. It circumvents my Ignore function. :mad:
:nana:

Again, i'm not holding my breath waiting for Drew to turn it around
Would you prefer Kordell? Cause he turned it around under very similar circumstances ;)

Originally posted by Morgoth
Why did someone empower WYS by posting a thread containing his nihlistic little article.
Here's why;)
Originally posted by Morgoth
What's worse is that it has 94 posts in it, 95 including this one by me. Damn.

Alluro
05-04-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster

Would you prefer Kordell? Cause he turned it around under very similar circumstances ;)

Here's why;)

kordell? at qb? nah..but if he's willing to play the slash utility role i think he'd be worth a roster spot. I'd rather see the JP Losman era begin early and have Drew removed from the equation. Sure we can expect some rookie mistakes, but we get those from Drew now and he's an 11 yr vet.

The_Philster
05-04-2004, 08:02 PM
kordell? at qb? nah..but if he's willing to play the slash utility role i think he'd be worth a roster spot. I'd rather see the JP Losman era begin early and have Drew removed from the equation. Sure we can expect some rookie mistakes, but we get those from Drew now and he's an 11 yr vet.

A lot of those mistakes he made can be attributed to all the extra reads he had to make in Gilbride's overly complex offense. Kordell screwed up a lot under Gilbride but played well in his first year under Mularkey..because Mualrkey took out the excessive numbers of reads that the QB had to make. As far as Losman, throwing a rookie to the wolves his first season could very well destroy his career. I really think he'd be better off being brought along like Steve McNair was...a few games his first two seasons and made starter in his 3rd year. The only way I think he should be given the reins sooner is if Drew proves to be less intelligent than Kordell Stewart...not a very likely scenario, IMO.

Alluro
05-04-2004, 08:17 PM

A lot of those mistakes he made can be attributed to all the extra reads he had to make in Gilbride's overly complex offense. Kordell screwed up a lot under Gilbride but played well in his first year under Mularkey..because Mualrkey took out the excessive numbers of reads that the QB had to make. As far as Losman, throwing a rookie to the wolves his first season could very well destroy his career. I really think he'd be better off being brought along like Steve McNair was...a few games his first two seasons and made starter in his 3rd year. The only way I think he should be given the reins sooner is if Drew proves to be less intelligent than Kordell Stewart...not a very likely scenario, IMO.

I just don't agree with this assessment. How do you explain his ineptitude in New England in his three seasons prior to coming here? And if the reads were that difficult, why did he have success early on and then all of a sudden fall off the end of the earth? You learn by playing in football. The only thing that he can gain by sitting is a better command of the offense, but since it's new, he and bledsoe are on an equal playing field. Besides, the coaches would scale back the playbook some at least early on if he was starting as a rookie, in effect doing what was done with Kordell in Pittsburgh. It would just be with Losman playing instead of Drew. McNair is a good example, as it took him a few years of playing before he had a mastery of the passing game. I think his growth was stunted to a certain extent because he wasn't out there. A lot of successful qbs have started in their rookie years and had success such as Manning, Marino, and Elway....Losman has all the tools, he just needs the playing experience. why not now? He has much better feet than Drew, in fact throwing on the run is one of his great strengths. He's more suited for our offensive line than Drew Bledsoe is.

Dozerdog
05-04-2004, 08:19 PM
The Patriots were far from being a top caliber club in 1999, 2000, 2001.

Alluro
05-04-2004, 08:23 PM

at least with drew bledsoe at qb...I think if something bad would have happened to bledsoe, like him getting injured, then we would have seen any bum 6th round backup qb carry the same exact team to a super bowl win. I really think it could have happened, but i guess we'll never know ;)

Dozerdog
05-04-2004, 08:29 PM
I've watched them for 18 years here- the team sucked after Parcells left.

It wasn't all DB's fault- it would have been interesting to see what Belicheck and Bledsoe would have done had he stayed healthy.

But- it just makes the argument simple to make. Pick a boogey man.

Alluro
05-04-2004, 08:34 PM

It wasn't all DB's fault-man.

It never is all DB's fault. He's just one of the most unlucky people in sports. It's not his fault that he takes too many sacks, throws boneheaded INTs repeatedly, or chokes under pressure..He's just damn unlucky. I agree with you, I just think the bills need to remove him from the equation because for whatever reason, bad luck seems to follow the guy.

The_Philster
05-04-2004, 08:36 PM
I just don't agree with this assessment. How do you explain his ineptitude in New England in his three seasons prior to coming here?

And if the reads were that difficult, why did he have success early on and then all of a sudden fall off the end of the earth?

I honestly have struggled to understand that myself. My only guess is that Gilbride added to the offense as the season progressed.
You learn by playing in football. The only thing that he can gain by sitting is a better command of the offense, but since it's new, he and bledsoe are on an equal playing field.

Actually, this is very likely the exact same offense we ran last year...just with fewer reads to make and a coordinator who (hopefully) sticks to his word about running the ball....Bledsoe has the edge both for that reason and for the fact that the NFL is a big step up from Tulane, or any college for that matter.
He has much better feet than Drew, in fact throwing on the run is one of his great strengths. He's more suited for our offensive line than Drew Bledsoe is.

That's just it..if we are basing this entirely on last year's O-line, I might be inclined to agree with you...but change is constant in the NFL and we upgraded at RG and line coach...and only a minor downgrade at LG, IMO. If Sullivan-Teague-Villarial can perform as a good inside blocking tandem, Drew could do well. And if they don't, and we play Losman, he could wind up developing "happy feet" and take off running at times he doesn't need to, simply because he's used to it.

Alluro
05-04-2004, 08:49 PM

Actually, this is very likely the exact same offense we ran last year...just with fewer reads to make and a coordinator who (hopefully) sticks to his word about running the ball....Bledsoe has the edge both for that reason and for the fact that the NFL is a big step up from Tulane, or any college for that matter.

That's just it..if we are basing this entirely on last year's O-line, I might be inclined to agree with you...but change is constant in the NFL and we upgraded at RG and line coach...and only a minor downgrade at LG, IMO. If Sullivan-Teague-Villarial can perform as a good inside blocking tandem, Drew could do well. And if they don't, and we play Losman, he could wind up developing "happy feet" and take off running at times he doesn't need to, simply because he's used to it.

Is it common for a new head coach, and all new coaches on offense to not change the "system" including the plays and terminology? I would assume they would, have you seen anything saying they are keeping the same playbook in tact?

also, forgive me for not thinking the addition of villarial will bolster this line tremendously; especially since we lost the most decorated lineman in bills history. McNally will really earn his paycheck if he can get this unit to play playoff football. Everything considered, we are in a rebuilding year and should let JP get the game experience.....The only positive I can think of with Drew starting is that if the line doesn't perform up to the standards that we expect, that he will be the one taking the bashing and not Losman. My only hesitation in starting Losman actually, is if he were put into a houston texans (david carr sacked a million times) scenario. But with his mobility, he should be able to make the line look better than it is, and definitely better than Drew will make it look

The_Philster
05-04-2004, 08:56 PM
Is it common for a new head coach, and all new coaches on offense to not change the "system" including the plays and terminology? I would assume they would, have you seen anything saying they are keeping the same playbook in tact?

Mularkey replaced Gilbride in Pittsburgh and did little more than simply the playbook. I'm sure there will be a few terminology changes, but I honestly don't see any real drastic changes. Why mess with success? :up:

justasportsfan
05-04-2004, 08:57 PM
I am willing to give Drew the benefit of a doubt that he can turn his career around only because of Mularkey. If MUlarkey can do wonders for the likes of Maddox and Kordell, why not Drew? I can see us making the playoffs w/ Drew and the only way we make it to the sb w/ Drew is if we don't rely on him to win the game and play like a caretaker ala Dilfer.

With regards to the past I said it before and I'll say it again, although GW and KG are to blame, Drew shares equal blame. We can all say that the coaches suck , OL sucked, but no one can say Henry had his fair share of why the O was horrible. Drew on the other hand was a huge question mark playing w/ the same OL and coaches that Henry had.

Drew was not a type of qb who could bail us out. He wasn't a dependable qb who could save the day. The fact that everyone here questions whether he was gonna be here next had he not structured his contract simply means he's no different from an average qb and not an elite qb that everyone expected him to be.

Alluro
05-04-2004, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
I am willing to give Drew the benefit of a doubt that he can turn his career around only because of Mularkey. If MUlarkey can do wonders for the likes of Maddox and Kordell, why not Drew?

I'm giving Drew the Benefit of the doubt for the first five games...

We have Jacksonville at home, then @ Oakland, New England (home), @NY Jets, and Miami (home)...If he is still playing like last year after the miami game, it will be time for JP to take over

Mr. Cynical
05-04-2004, 10:11 PM
How do you explain his ineptitude in New England in his three seasons prior to coming here?

Agreed :up: But you may as well give it a rest. Most Drew supporters continue to focus on the last 1.5 years which allows them to blame KG. The bottom line is that his ineptitude extends beyond his time here in Buffalo without Kildrive.

Everything considered, we are in a rebuilding year and should let JP get the game experience.....The only positive I can think of with Drew starting is that if the line doesn't perform up to the standards that we expect, that he will be the one taking the bashing and not Losman. My only hesitation in starting Losman actually, is if he were put into a houston texans (david carr sacked a million times) scenario. But with his mobility, he should be able to make the line look better than it is, and definitely better than Drew will make it look

Agreed. :up: The only real negative is the potential beating he might take and that might screw him up. But if I were more confident of the line then I'd probably want him in there sooner than later. The new era must begin and Drew is just a stopgap. :D

Tatonka
05-04-2004, 10:55 PM

boy would i love to have to have that debate! :snicker:

Tatonka
05-04-2004, 11:01 PM
I'm giving Drew the Benefit of the doubt for the first five games...

We have Jacksonville at home, then @ Oakland, New England (home), @NY Jets, and Miami (home)...If he is still playing like last year after the miami game, it will be time for JP to take over

i am right there with you.

SABURZFAN
05-05-2004, 06:16 AM
:movie:

mybills
05-05-2004, 06:53 AM

:bf1:

Even Sox fans use the losing excuse that the Yankees buy their wins. Bledsoe is proof that you don't play better when you get paid more...so why would he play better for less money? I believe that was Mark's entire point, albeit long winded, and I agree! :up:

mybills
05-05-2004, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
I am willing to give Drew the benefit of a doubt that he can turn his career around only because of Mularkey. If MUlarkey can do wonders for the likes of Maddox and Kordell, why not Drew?

If he can remove Drew's horse blinders it will be a miracle, and I will :hail: Mularkey! :D

Kramer
06-02-2004, 11:50 AM
OK. I am neither a Drew basher nor a supporter. You might say that I am on the fence. I'm willing to give him one more season to prove himself and prove to me that he is worthy of being the starting QB for the Buffalo Bills.

Just a friendly warning. This article is pretty rough on Drew. But I thought that it was an interesting read. So enjoy!

http://bills.theinsiders.com/2/256944.html

tonawandabacker
06-15-2004, 12:48 PM
we want results NOW!