PDA

View Full Version : I have a statement to make about JP Losman

Tatonka
05-04-2004, 11:25 PM
I think he is going to be the best qb that ever played for the Buffalo Bills.

We will win a championship with him behind center one day.

No question.

:baghead:

Mr. Cynical
05-04-2004, 11:36 PM
:stupid:

:tomato:

chernobylwraiths
05-04-2004, 11:40 PM
He has a ways to go to outdue JK, but a superbowl win would be a great start.

CWOUSARET
05-04-2004, 11:58 PM
that would be sweet!

BuffaloRanger
05-05-2004, 02:29 AM
Are you done seeing Red???

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-05-2004, 06:24 AM
:boozer:

Tatonka
05-05-2004, 06:42 AM
i am clarvoiant.

Pride
05-05-2004, 07:05 AM
It drives me nuts that people give such high regard to rookies who have never stepped on the field in the NFL (McGahee, Losman, and Evans) yet fail to realize the importance of a guy who has done it for 2 years (Henry)

ryjam282
05-05-2004, 07:05 AM
Hey T, I thought it was Yzerman that got hit in the head with the puck, not you...:snicker:

Although, I will be happier then a Bobby Orr game winner if this really happens. I am very optimistic about this kid and can't wait for 2005-6 to see what he really has.

TigerJ
05-05-2004, 07:06 AM
Well, he's probably in the best situation of the top 4 QBs taken in the draft: least immediate pressure, best coaching staff to nurture a young QB, best first string QB for nurturing a young QB.

He's got physical talent and it's starting to look like some of the attitude issues were overblown.

Until proven otherwise, I'm with you, Tatonka

Tatonka
05-05-2004, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by Pride
It drives me nuts that people give such high regard to rookies who have never stepped on the field in the NFL

i knew someone would have to say something like this.

can a guy have an opinion and be optomistic?

nm.. there are alot of bledsoe fans.. so obviously.

Jan Reimers
05-05-2004, 07:12 AM
It drives me nuts that people give such high regard to rookies who have never stepped on the field in the NFL (McGahee, Losman, and Evans) yet fail to realize the importance of a guy who has done it for 2 years (Henry)

I agree, but conversely, it is equally obnoxious for some to label Losman as another RJ, or an attitude problem, or Loss-man, before he even begins his career. It's the negativity on this board that drives me nuts.

ryjam282
05-05-2004, 07:15 AM

I have never failed to realize the importance of Henry. He is a great RB for us, but, if Willis comes back to 100% and shows the skills he had in college, he will definitely be our franchise back and Henry will be expendible. I know some people hate it but that is the truth. Just like the Flutie-Johnson debacle, someone has to go and some fans will be angry.

I like them both but, I believe a healthy Willis brings a more complete package to the table for the Bills and I would definitely not be upset if we kept Henry.

CWOUSARET
05-05-2004, 07:51 AM
i do think losman and evans will do very good to great things for our bills. and as for mcgahee - i'm thrilled to have him in a bills uniform becasue although henry has very good yards per season for the last two years he also puts the ball on the ground a hell of a lot more than i would like to see. let me see henry protect the ball and reduce his fumbles by one-half and then i might think we dont need mcgahee. personally we are better off with the two. think oif this set - henry adn mcgahee in the backfiled with moulds and evans as wideouts - shift - empty backfield with henry and mcgahee splitting out - to a four receiver set - that's a sure completion everytime they do it - who do they not cover??? and no linebackers will be able to cover henry and mcgahee - no secondary help because of the almost automatic double coverage on moulds and the free safety had better be helping the other corner on evans or his speed will kill them. so i like all the new young guys we have - and i have respect for what henry has done in teh yards per game area - but he has to keep the ball off of the ground.

ryjam282
05-05-2004, 08:00 AM
I like Henry as much as the next guy but think of this.....When he had the ball all season last year, the thing everyone was saying was....."Please don't fumble, Hold onto it." I know we won't be saying that with Willis. I watched him a lot at UM and he doesn't fumble, hell not even when his knee got ripped in half did he fumble.

Pride
05-05-2004, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
I agree, but conversely, it is equally obnoxious for some to label Losman as another RJ, or an attitude problem, or Loss-man, before he even begins his career. It's the negativity on this board that drives me nuts.

I am not leaning one way or another. I simply want people to realize that they are already inducting our rookie QB, WR, and RB who have never taken an NFL snap to the hall of fame.

ryjam282
05-05-2004, 08:04 AM
Not the Hall of Fame but we have to give them some kind of leeway. They are the players our front office drafted. We have to stand behind them untill proven otherwise.

Tatonka
05-05-2004, 10:02 AM
I am not leaning one way or another. I simply want people to realize that they are already inducting our rookie QB, WR, and RB who have never taken an NFL snap to the hall of fame.

whats wrong with that?

:idunno:

Tatonka
05-05-2004, 10:03 AM
i should have added to the title.. if your not an extreme optimist.. dont read.

:D

Dantheman1280
05-05-2004, 10:44 AM
I am sure evans will do well, as for JP it is still up in the air. Do I think he will ever exceed JK in excellence NO! If we win a SB under I will praise the man till he dies, but all that is yet to be seen so lets not count our chickens before they hatch!

Valerie
05-05-2004, 10:50 AM
Well, I don't know how well he'll play, but I will say he's definitely one HOT quarterback!:hubba: It's about time we got a hottie in there! And, he's going to be wearing my favorite number, so he's got my support. :)

Dantheman1280
05-05-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Valerie
Well, I don't know how well he'll play, but I will say he's definitely one HOT quarterback!:hubba: It's about time we got a hottie in there! And, he's going to be wearing my favorite number, so I'm behind him. :)

Settle Down!

Tatonka
05-05-2004, 11:02 AM
you will all rue the day that you dismissed my forcast.

lordofgun
05-05-2004, 11:06 AM
I already rue the day you missed spelling class.

Tatonka
05-05-2004, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun
I already rue the day you missed spelling class.

:tongue:

Mr. Cynical
05-05-2004, 11:56 AM
Kent: You won't get away with this. You'll rue the day!
Chris Knight: Rue the day? Who talks like that?

Mr. Cynical
05-05-2004, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

I read it and my name is Mr. Cynical. Go figure. :tongue:

I dunno...I'm just so tired of not having any hope for the team for so many years that I thought this was a fun post. Why not have some harmless fun with the prospect/fantasy of JP being another Kelly? Who knows if it will happen (chances are slim) but even just having the thought for a little while until he plays does put a smile on my face. :)

Tatonka
05-05-2004, 12:16 PM
i would say the odds are 90/10 in favor of losman being the best qb ever to play in buffalo and him leading us to a championship..

i reserve the right to raise that to 95/5 if he plays well in training camp.

BigZ
05-05-2004, 12:21 PM

I'd read your posts anyway.

Hope you're right about Losman. One thing going for him - he'll have a great QB coach to bring him along.

lordofgun
05-05-2004, 01:04 PM
:tongue:

Tatonka
05-05-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun

your fired.

elltrain22
05-05-2004, 05:39 PM
Losman is an amazing prospect for us. I am very excited as well.

DraftBoy
05-05-2004, 09:25 PM

I dont fail to realize his importance to the team that hes had in the past 2 years which in all reality has not lead us to diddly squad. Although its not his fault. But is it such a bad thing to hope for more. We ALL know Henry is not as good as it gets. Henry has done and continues to play his role on this team, but hes only a role player. Thats what bugs the hell out of me. People are in love with a guy that does his job and nothing else. Hes not a leader, not a playmaker. Just somebody who puts his hat on and goes to work. Dont get me wrong I love the way he works. But his attitude has been piss-poor since the drafting on McGahee, and hes had trouble with the law. The guy is a top 15 RB no doubt. But with Drew "stone shoes" Bledsoe throwing we need somebody whos a threat to go the distance every touch which Henry is not. Is Henry important of course? Do I think McG will be better yea.

lordofgun
05-05-2004, 10:46 PM
your fired.

you're

Bling
11-24-2006, 06:38 PM
Well, he's probably in the best situation of the top 4 QBs taken in the draft: least immediate pressure, best coaching staff to nurture a young QB, best first string QB for nurturing a young QB.

He's got physical talent and it's starting to look like some of the attitude issues were overblown.

Until proven otherwise, I'm with you, Tatonka

Guess not.

Yasgur's Farm
11-24-2006, 07:06 PM
I'm with Tatonka! JP's has come along nicely.

X-Era
11-25-2006, 12:30 PM
I think he is going to be the best qb that ever played for the Buffalo Bills.

We will win a championship with him behind center one day.

No question.

:baghead:

WOW.......just WOW

Im reserving judgement but I hope your right.

Nighthawk
11-25-2006, 12:34 PM
I hope you're right, but right now it sure does seem that you are hitting the bottle a wee bit too much!

TacklingDummy
11-25-2006, 01:59 PM
This thread was started in 5-5-2004

Tatonka
11-25-2006, 02:40 PM
yeah.. i did start this right after jp was drafted..

but i pretty much feel the same way..

you will all rue the day you dismissed my forecast!

:couch:

ryjam282
11-25-2006, 02:50 PM
I have always been with you on this one T, I like how he is progressing....Just imagine if we could get some blockers in front of him...He has one hell of an arm and I loved how he responded when they opened up the offense for him last week as well.

TacklingDummy
11-25-2006, 02:51 PM
yeah.. i did start this right after jp was drafted..

but i pretty much feel the same way..

you will all rue the day you dismissed my forecast!

:couch:

Im not laughing at your opinion.

Im laughing because I think jp-era and Nighthawk think that this is a recent thread.

Tatonka
11-25-2006, 03:06 PM
Im not laughing at your opinion.

Im laughing because I think jp-era and Nighthawk think that this is a recent thread.
yeah.. a lot of people probably do..

the fish fan thought he would point this out and make me feel dumb for posting it.. while i will say that my expectations have been tempered since the day he was drafted (imagine that!), i still have high hopes and am just praying that we get some oline help this offseason. because i really dont believe than any qb in the nfl or college right now would be successful consistently behind what we have.

JPD.

justasportsfan
11-25-2006, 03:41 PM
I know it was just the texans, but we saw a glimpse of what is possible if JP is put in a right situation. If given the running game both Trent Green and Rivers have, the skies the limit.

OpIv37
11-25-2006, 04:42 PM
JP's problem has been consistency- he'll perform well for a game or maybe two then go dormant for a while. He's shown flashes of what he can do- he will have arrived when he can put several good (or better) performances together in a row.

Jacksonville has a hell of a D- if he can avoid big mistakes and keep it close, I will feel much better about his development than I did two weeks ago.

jmb1099
11-25-2006, 05:25 PM
Here are my burning questions regarding the line:
1) Is the oline finally starting to gel with the Peters move?
2) I knew Willis wasn't the best blocking back in the world, but is Atrain that much better or is Willis really that bad?
3) Did they simply look good because we played houston?
My burning questions regarding Losman:
1) The td pass he threw falling on his back, luck or skill? If that is really what he's capable of than holy &^%$
2) Is he finally gaining some confidence in the line and not having to worry about his blind side? I said a few weeks ago it would take him a few games to feel good about it, has it finally happened?
3) Did he light it up because it was the Texans, or because Fairchild took the training wheels off? I honeslty don't know. I hope tomorrow provides another piece to the puzzle.

scott51
11-25-2006, 05:47 PM
I did not read all the posts here, just read the first one so sorry if this has already been said. A few weeks ago I would have thought that statement was bogus. However, JP is FINALLY showing some promise. Not saying I am 100% convinced he's the answer, but if he can come out and have a few more games like last week, then I say we keep him for next year

Tatonka
11-26-2006, 08:40 AM
I did not read all the posts here, just read the first one so sorry if this has already been said. A few weeks ago I would have thought that statement was bogus. However, JP is FINALLY showing some promise. Not saying I am 100% convinced he's the answer, but if he can come out and have a few more games like last week, then I say we keep him for next year

i posted what you read 3 years ago.. although i agree with your post still.