PDA

View Full Version : Joe Theismann's comments on bills playoff hopes ....

TypicalBill
10-23-2002, 06:34 AM
This is from espn.com

Which team has a better chance at making a playoff run -- the Bills, Falcons or Ravens?
The Bills (4-3) have the best chance of the three at a wild card. The Ravens (3-3) have the best chance to win their division. The Ravens need to win the AFC North to make the playoffs -- I can't see them claiming a wild card. The AFC North is weaker this year (with Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Cincinnati), so they could win it. The Falcons (3-3) will have a tougher time nabbing a wild card. Their division (the NFC South) is a tough one, with New Orleans and Tampa Bay lurking (plus Carolina). So it's a tough road, but the Falcons have plenty of football to play.

THE LINK (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/morningafter?id=1448661)

What do you guys think?

Scumbag College
10-23-2002, 06:55 AM
I think Theisman is a moron. But, I agree with him 100 percent here. With the way the AFC East and AFC West are both going, it looks like probably both wild card teams will be coming out of these two divisions in the AFC. I think, eventually, that all of the teams from the AFC West will start beating each other up and Denver and Oakland will be on top and San Diego will be fighting for a playoff spot. And in the East Miami and Buffalo will be on top fighting for the division title, and the second place team neck and neck with the Chargers for the final playoff spot.

Of course, I might be wrong. I'm new here.

casdhf
10-23-2002, 07:32 AM
I agree, Theismann is a moron.

Novacane
10-23-2002, 07:37 AM
Theisman states the obvious! He is a dumb a$$

TigerJ
10-23-2002, 09:08 AM
I think Buffalo has brought themselves into the hunt for a division title, not just a wild card spot. Fiedler is going to miss at least a few more games. I'm counting on a Miami loss when they go up to Green Bay. From here to the end of the season I think Buffalo can be just as competitive vs. their remaining opponents as Miami can with theirs.

THATHURMANATOR
10-23-2002, 10:20 AM
Thiesman may be right here but I still hate him!

The Natrix
10-23-2002, 11:50 AM
Thiesmann rules

WCoastFin
10-23-2002, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by TypicalBill
This is from espn.com

Which team has a better chance at making a playoff run -- the Bills, Falcons or Ravens?
The Bills (4-3) have the best chance of the three at a wild card. The Ravens (3-3) have the best chance to win their division. The Ravens need to win the AFC North to make the playoffs -- I can't see them claiming a wild card. The AFC North is weaker this year (with Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Cincinnati), so they could win it. The Falcons (3-3) will have a tougher time nabbing a wild card. Their division (the NFC South) is a tough one, with New Orleans and Tampa Bay lurking (plus Carolina). So it's a tough road, but the Falcons have plenty of football to play.

THE LINK (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/morningafter?id=1448661)

What do you guys think?

I agree Thiesman is a moron.....I dont think the billshave a shot at a Wild card....the only way they will get in is by winning the division....The Bills have already lost to the 2 other teams fighting for a wild card....The Broncos and Raiders....What an idiot.:bart:

TypicalBill
10-23-2002, 12:51 PM
isn't it great having a rival fan like WCF always arguing.........
How are you feeling? better? cuz if i were you i wouldn't be. I just got ripped by a rival team at home 23 - 10

oh by the way :fishfry:

WCoastFin
10-23-2002, 02:52 PM
isn't it great having a rival fan like WCF always arguing.........
How are you feeling? better? cuz if i were you i wouldn't be. I just got ripped by a rival team at home 23 - 10

oh by the way :fishfry:

...and the scary thing is you might not make the playoffs.:chuckle: :hitself:

TypicalBill
10-23-2002, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by WCoastFin

...and the scary thing is you might not make the playoffs.:chuckle: :hitself:

I can live with that as long as we sweep you guys. Were more than halfway there considering we beat you in MIAMI. Besides, your the ones supposed to win the Superbowl right??
:laughter:

:calm:

WCoastFin
10-23-2002, 03:19 PM

I can live with that as long as we sweep you guys. Were more than halfway there considering we beat you in MIAMI. Besides, your the ones supposed to win the Superbowl right??

:calm:

so you would rather sweep us and not make the playoffs? ....How can you be MORE then halfway there?...Id say you ARE halfway there.....are we supposed to win the SuperBowl? Is that what you thought also? ...dont worry its not even HALFWAY through the season yet.

TypicalBill
10-23-2002, 03:29 PM

so you would rather sweep us and not make the playoffs? ....How can you be MORE then halfway there?...Id say you ARE halfway there.....are we supposed to win the SuperBowl? Is that what you thought also? ...dont worry its not even HALFWAY through the season yet.

Its the fish fans that are still saying that your supposed to win the SB. And I think we will sweep u guys and make the playoffs not just sweep u guys.

oh man your getting pissed off now i can see that by reading what u write. Your using the types of sentences with question marks, thats never good (oh my god, u actually used 4) thats bad.

:phone: WCF "hey dad someone's pissing me off and i cant take it anymore, i wanna go home"

:snicker:

WCoastFin
10-23-2002, 03:39 PM
I think when someone post this " :calm: " at the end of the post, it shows signs of anger....and question marks dont mean someones getting angry they mean you question yourself about the post.....see now you just totally threw the topic of this thread out the window....check yourself kid.

lordofgun
10-23-2002, 03:44 PM
My wife hates it when I tell her to :calm:

The_Philster
10-23-2002, 03:48 PM
That's because it's usually you she's fired up at, LOG. ;)

TypicalBill
10-23-2002, 03:51 PM
i hope your not suggesting that WCF is my wife.

Just kidding man, nothing wrong with a little smack here and there. Ok no more smack.

I too hate Theisman but i think hes right cuz the dolphins with lucas as QB wont be able to move the ball against anybody. Miami is gonna become one dimensional with ricky running the ball. Then again thats my opinion and you're entitled to yours.

:up:

WCoastFin
10-23-2002, 04:11 PM
Didnt Baltimor have success with J. Lewis and a defense?

TypicalBill
10-23-2002, 04:22 PM
Didnt Baltimor have success with J. Lewis and a defense?

You're right and i think you have the defense but you will only beat the weaker teams with that mentality. Football is different now, you have to have quality at every position therefore you do need a real QB. I dont think that Cris Carter is the answer at WR but i do know that he's the best option you've got right now.
To beat GB You will need a maximum effort from everybody cuz they will be healthy and ready. If lucos repeats his performance then you guys are in deep trouble but if he performs like he did in the pre-season then i think you'll be fine.

thats my opinion and i don't know if you agree or not?