PDA

View Full Version : Have we done enough?

Kolbiss
05-05-2004, 01:44 PM
Is there any reason to believe that we did enough this offseason to compete with Miami and New England......I like a lot of the offseason moves, but I am still concerned.

chernobylwraiths
05-05-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by danny4804
Is there any reason to believe that we did enough this offseason to compete with Miami and New England......I like a lot of the offseason moves, but I am still concerned.

The offseason isn't over yet. I think we might go after some people who will be cut June 1st. I still like the idea of a veteran backup at QB, maybe a guard, who knows?

Patrick76777
05-05-2004, 01:46 PM
The talent on this team last year was not that of a 6-10 team.

Earthquake Enyart
05-05-2004, 01:47 PM
Miami yes.
New England no.

CWOUSARET
05-05-2004, 01:48 PM
i agree - i think we still need another o-line and d-end - and we'll get those after 1 june. as far as competing with the dull-fish or the patsies - that will be determined by how well our o-line plays.

Kolbiss
05-05-2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by CWOUSARET
i agree - i think we still need another o-line and d-end - and we'll get those after 1 june. as far as competing with the dull-fish or the patsies - that will be determined by how well our o-line plays.

And how well coaching pans out!

Shiny Chicken
05-05-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
The talent on this team last year was not that of a 6-10 team.

Exactly... based on talent, we were probably the most underachieving team ion the league last year.

Philly Zoner
05-05-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Shiny Chicken
Exactly... based on talent, we were probably the most underachieving team ion the league last year.

amen to that brotha

Mr. Miyagi
05-05-2004, 02:52 PM
We need another janitor. This one that everyone likes seems to bring us no better than a 8-8 season. :down:

The_Philster
05-05-2004, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Shiny Chicken

Couldn't agree more. I remember Voltron and I were talking about accomodations for the Super Bowl last September. :sadwalk:

Mr. Cynical
05-05-2004, 05:33 PM
What's on paper doesn't mean much. *See 2001 Washington Redskins. They spent a TON that year, and so on paper they should have rocked the house...yet they still s**t the bed.

Jan Reimers
05-06-2004, 10:44 AM
While I believe we are a better team, I would still like to see us shore up the interior of our O line with a veteran G or C after the June 1 cuts.

R. Rich
05-06-2004, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
While I believe we are a better team, I would still like to see us shore up the interior of our O line with a veteran G or C after the June 1 cuts.

Now, where have I heard that before? Hmm....

Mr. Cynical
05-06-2004, 10:53 AM
Historically, how many good or very good players have been a June 1 cut? If I am correct, very very few.

Dantheman1280
05-06-2004, 10:59 AM
I think that if we make no more moves we will be fine. Mcnally can work with our O-line and put Sullivan in at guard. I am not expecting a miracle but he will help. TH and WM in the backfield sounds nice! The same WR core except for evans(more speed). If drew plays decent we will have a chance to play some competitive ball this year. Our Defense is still intact( - winfield + vincent). The only glaring problem I see is special teams and that could cost us some games. Our Kicker BLOWS, our return game sucks. We need a miracle on Special teams!

HenryRules
05-06-2004, 06:17 PM
For the playoffs? I don't think so.

NE is still significantly better all around (better O, ST, and coaching, with an equal D IMO). Then we have to fight for the wildcard, and with how weak Oak, SD, Jax, and Hou are, and how strong Miami and NYJ are I don't think we'll be able to have a better record than one of KC, Den, Tenn, or Indy (all 10 win teams that I think improved - well, Tenn probably slipped a bit, but they won 11 or 12 last year, so they'll need to have slipped a lot).

I'm really suprised at how bad people think the Jets are going to be. Pennington is going to be healthy this season. They added McCareins (sp?) who should easily replace Conway (and might even be an upgrade). Those two moves alone are going to significantly improve their offense. I think their D is gong to be at least as good as last year also (it couldn't be much worse). I don't think they've got a shot at the playoffs, but they're much better than the SD's and Houstons of the league.

TigerJ
05-06-2004, 09:22 PM
I heard Donahoe suggest that Buffalo is in a good cap situation that allows them some flexibility for making some additional free agent acquisitions. Ask again in four or five weeks.

Michael82
05-07-2004, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by TigerJ
I heard Donahoe suggest that Buffalo is in a good cap situation that allows them some flexibility for making some additional free agent acquisitions. Ask again in four or five weeks.

I don't want any more free agent acquisitions, except for a G or C. I want all the leftover money to be used on re-signing at least one of the 3 major free agents for next year...Aaron Schobel, Pat Williams, Jonas Jennings.

Michael82
05-07-2004, 12:23 AM
Everyone says Miami did a lot this year. I don't see it. They traded a 2nd rounder for a 3rd string quarterback that is struggling and doesn't understand their offense yet. They also traded for a steroid using, injury prone, locker room cancer named David Boston. Plus, they demolished their OL and replaced it with an injured Tackle from San Diego, John St. Clair (from the Rams) and a future solid guard who isn't even starting yet...Vernon Carey.

bigbry
05-07-2004, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster

Couldn't agree more. I remember Voltron and I were talking about accomodations for the Super Bowl last September. :sadwalk:

:lol:

BuffaloRanger
05-09-2004, 06:47 AM
Great O-lineman do not get released on June 1st. Do you want to replace Teague with Barret Robbins?

The Bills moved up and picked JP at the expense of a stud Olineman. I don't mind the JP move, but that is the ramification.

Wouldn't Grove look good starting at Center this year?

HenryRules
05-09-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by BuffaloRanger
Great O-lineman do not get released on June 1st. Do you want to replace Teague with Barret Robbins?

Hell yeah I do. Why wouldn't someone?