PDA

View Full Version : From a Lions fan...

kentuckylion
10-23-2002, 07:00 AM
I read a post from nothernbillsfan on a Lions board and thought i'd drop by. Good luck to the Bills on Sunday, I hope my Lions can sneak away with an upset, but i still remember Bruce Smith getting barry Sanders for a safety the last time we played. Anyways, we all know what a QB can do for a team...Bledso was a great pickup for you guys, and Harringtons 2-2 as a starter for us. The Lions have been in every game since Harringtons became a starter, but the Bills may have the best offence in the NFL right now. Im hoping Stewart can have another big game and we can keep the ball away from Bledso, Moulds, Price, Henery, and company. Hope we get to see a good game with no injuries.

GO LIONS!!!!!!

Ebenezer
10-23-2002, 07:08 AM
Hey KentuckyLion! Welcome to the Zone!! Always a pleasure to welcome an opponent! Enjoy your stay. You'll find that most of us are pretty laid back...

Key to the game: shut down Stewart and force Harrington to threw...and your defense has got to find a way to keep Bledsoe from going pass happy.

Novacane
10-23-2002, 07:39 AM
Yah welcome KL! We treat visiting fans pretty good here. Unless your name is WCF! ;-)

Fat Tony
10-23-2002, 08:52 AM
One potential for success is to get Az Hakim up against CB Chris Watson.

Teams with 3 legitimate WRs spreading the field have given the Bills fits .If you can spread the field and give the Bills a legitimate threat of the long ball, you might have success vs Buffalo sunday. If you are running Stewart to set up the pass, you might have some difficulty.

Good Luck and stay healthy!!

clumping platelets
10-23-2002, 08:53 AM
What do you know, Fat Man?

:ontome:

casdhf
10-23-2002, 08:55 AM
I like Watson on Hakim. Watson is bigger and stronger than Az and Chris has very good speed. Watson's soft coverage should take away the deep plays leaving him open over the middle and Az doesn't like to take hits.

lordofgun
10-23-2002, 08:57 AM
Welcome KL! Unfortunately, I have a feeling that you're right and this is gonna be a close one.

casdhf
10-23-2002, 09:01 AM
Coming from the drafter of the worst team ever, I'm not too worried about your guy feeling.

TypicalBill
10-23-2002, 09:03 AM
but i think watson played better this past week? although i didn't see the game but his name wasn't called much and thats a good thing.With Winfield out, watson is our 2nd CB and what im scared of is our 3rd CB who is Bostic (i think). They're gonna test him but at the end i think The Bills will pull it off.

WELCOME kentuckylion, enjoy your stay

TigerJ
10-23-2002, 09:03 AM
Allow me to echo the prevailing sentiment. We got rid of the one guy who couldn't stand visitors from other boards. Welcome!

lordofgun
10-23-2002, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by casdhf
I'm not too worried about your guy feeling.

:eek:

casdhf
10-23-2002, 09:19 AM
:scared:

northernbillfan
10-23-2002, 12:03 PM
Hey man, glad to see you make it over here.

We were very close to drafting Harrington ourselves, you could see the look on Donahues face, when the Lions announced Harrington, let's just say it was a priceless moment.

But thanks to your team picking him up, we now have Drew!

Enjoy your stay here for the week, and tell some buds.

WG
10-23-2002, 12:09 PM
Welcome kentucky!!!

TB,

"but i think watson played better this past week?"

Sure he did, but you have to look at who he was covering. Usually Baker. I don't even know this guy's first name and think it was his first experience in the NFL. Rice and Brown the Phin WRs weren't.

I'm gonna differ for the first time this year. I think the Bills win this in a rout. There's no way that the Lion secondary stops Drew and the passing game. They're gonna be on a mission after getting virtually shut out last week.

I see the Lions being forced to throw from early in the third on. That won't be good. Their best chance IMO is to run Stewart to take time off the clock and keep the scoring low. Detroit can't hit 40 like we can if it comes down to it. I see mistakes by Harrington against our pumped up secondary.

More INTs this week.