X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheGhostofJimKelly
    • May 2003

Bobby April was on GR55

I caught a little of Bobby April on GR and two things that stuck out to me that he said:

1. Antonio Brown - For some reason he couldn't get his footing on the new field. (Whatever that means)

2. Ryan Lindell - In the second game of the season Lindell seperated his shoulder and he wasn't using his arms right all season during his kicks.
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
    I caught a little of Bobby April on GR and two things that stuck out to me that he said:

1. Antonio Brown - For some reason he couldn't get his footing on the new field. (Whatever that means)

2. Ryan Lindell - In the second game of the season Lindell seperated his shoulder and he wasn't using his arms right all season during his kicks.
    I sure in the hell hope that was the reason why Lindell was sub-par last season.

Comment

• Romes
      • Jul 2002

Lindell did have the worst season of his career. Then again he didn't have many chances. I expect him to be better not because of coaching but just because he had an off year last year.
      Originally posted by paladin warrior
      RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• The_Philster
        • Jul 2002

We had that field in the preseason of 2003 as well as the regular season...so that's a BS excuse.
        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Goobylal
          • Jan 2004

Interesting. Hopefully Bobby can come up with a solution for Antonio, like different cleats and hopefully the shoulder injury DID hinder Lindell. Good, I feel a little better now.

Comment

• ryjam282
            Offical Billszone Starting QB
            • Mar 2003

We'll see but I don't expect Brown to be here much longer. Lindell, I will give him another shot but this is it....

Ryan Withey
            Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• elltrain22
              • Sep 2003

Is he still mad about Jackie Jr. getttin clipped on the Soprano's??
              If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

I thought I heard Antonio looked good during the mini-camp
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Goobylal
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by The_Philster

We had that field in the preseason of 2003 as well as the regular season...so that's a BS excuse.
                  I don't think April was saying Brown had trouble all the time, but a good portion of it. If he saw it, it must have happened. I doubt April has any ulterior motive in defending Brown.

Comment

• The_Philster
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Goobylal
                    I don't think April was saying Brown had trouble all the time, but a good portion of it. If he saw it, it must have happened. I doubt April has any ulterior motive in defending Brown.
                    I'm not saying April has an ulterior motive at all...but there's gotta be some actual reason why he did well in the preseason of 2003 and awful in the regular season. The field can't really be an issue, IMO since he showed he could do the job on it. Maybe it's just that he can't do the job against real NFL-level competition on a consistent basis.
                    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• bernielivsey_1
                      • Jul 2003

Everyone had bad footing last year. Maybe thats why Drew never leaves the pocket? Cant get any traction.
                      In Marv We Trust
                      The Past Is Now The Future

Comment

• Goobylal
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by The_Philster

I'm not saying April has an ulterior motive at all...but there's gotta be some actual reason why he did well in the preseason of 2003 and awful in the regular season. The field can't really be an issue, IMO since he showed he could do the job on it. Maybe it's just that he can't do the job against real NFL-level competition on a consistent basis.
                        I checked Brown's stats from last pre-season. He played well at Baltimore, didn't play at Tennessee, did nothing in his first game against STL in Buffalo, and had a 75 yard punt return again the Lions in Buffalo. Not really a great statistical sampling, and again, if April get can Brown better traction somehow, it will only help him.

Comment

• chubluv
                          BillsZone bowling team MVP
                          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by elltrain22
                          Is he still mad about Jackie Jr. getttin clipped on the Soprano's??

I think he is! The just hasnt been the same without him...

lol

We are in 5th place
                          Clump is on the IR
                          Chubluv average is 167
                          Yaz average is 179[/B]

BDZ
                          Become a member of BDZ !!!!

Comment

• B-DON
                            hi
                            • Mar 2004

brown better get a better traction on his skillz or start lookin for a new team

lindell just blows

Comment

• LabattBlue
                              • Sep 2003

Re: Bobby April was on GR55

Funny....I don't remember Brown having traction problems when running sideways or backwards???:confused2

Comment

Working...
                              X