PDA

View Full Version : Bobby April was on GR55

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-05-2004, 07:22 PM
I caught a little of Bobby April on GR and two things that stuck out to me that he said:

1. Antonio Brown - For some reason he couldn't get his footing on the new field. (Whatever that means)

2. Ryan Lindell - In the second game of the season Lindell seperated his shoulder and he wasn't using his arms right all season during his kicks.

The Spaz
05-05-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
I caught a little of Bobby April on GR and two things that stuck out to me that he said:

1. Antonio Brown - For some reason he couldn't get his footing on the new field. (Whatever that means)

2. Ryan Lindell - In the second game of the season Lindell seperated his shoulder and he wasn't using his arms right all season during his kicks.

I sure in the hell hope that was the reason why Lindell was sub-par last season.

Romes
05-05-2004, 08:05 PM
Lindell did have the worst season of his career. Then again he didn't have many chances. I expect him to be better not because of coaching but just because he had an off year last year.

The_Philster
05-05-2004, 08:16 PM

We had that field in the preseason of 2003 as well as the regular season...so that's a BS excuse. :cynic:

Goobylal
05-05-2004, 08:18 PM
Interesting. Hopefully Bobby can come up with a solution for Antonio, like different cleats and hopefully the shoulder injury DID hinder Lindell. Good, I feel a little better now.

ryjam282
05-05-2004, 09:26 PM
We'll see but I don't expect Brown to be here much longer. Lindell, I will give him another shot but this is it....

elltrain22
05-05-2004, 09:27 PM
Is he still mad about Jackie Jr. getttin clipped on the Soprano's??

DraftBoy
05-05-2004, 09:29 PM
I thought I heard Antonio looked good during the mini-camp

Goobylal
05-05-2004, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster

We had that field in the preseason of 2003 as well as the regular season...so that's a BS excuse. :cynic:
I don't think April was saying Brown had trouble all the time, but a good portion of it. If he saw it, it must have happened. I doubt April has any ulterior motive in defending Brown.

The_Philster
05-05-2004, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Goobylal
I don't think April was saying Brown had trouble all the time, but a good portion of it. If he saw it, it must have happened. I doubt April has any ulterior motive in defending Brown.
I'm not saying April has an ulterior motive at all...but there's gotta be some actual reason why he did well in the preseason of 2003 and awful in the regular season. The field can't really be an issue, IMO since he showed he could do the job on it. Maybe it's just that he can't do the job against real NFL-level competition on a consistent basis.

bernielivsey_1
05-05-2004, 09:45 PM
:hang: Everyone had bad footing last year. Maybe thats why Drew never leaves the pocket? Cant get any traction. :clump:

Goobylal
05-05-2004, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster

I'm not saying April has an ulterior motive at all...but there's gotta be some actual reason why he did well in the preseason of 2003 and awful in the regular season. The field can't really be an issue, IMO since he showed he could do the job on it. Maybe it's just that he can't do the job against real NFL-level competition on a consistent basis.
I checked Brown's stats from last pre-season. He played well at Baltimore, didn't play at Tennessee, did nothing in his first game against STL in Buffalo, and had a 75 yard punt return again the Lions in Buffalo. Not really a great statistical sampling, and again, if April get can Brown better traction somehow, it will only help him.

chubluv
05-05-2004, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by elltrain22
Is he still mad about Jackie Jr. getttin clipped on the Soprano's??

I think he is! The just hasnt been the same without him...

lol

B-DON
05-06-2004, 01:32 AM
brown better get a better traction on his skillz or start lookin for a new team

lindell just blows

LabattBlue
05-06-2004, 07:56 PM

Funny....I don't remember Brown having traction problems when running sideways or backwards???:confused2