PDA

View Full Version : Canada advances to the Semis with OT win over Finland

Ð
05-06-2004, 12:39 PM
Looks like Canada vs Slovakia in the semis :up:

http://live82.ihwc.net/image/large/2432.jpg

Dany Heatley has this one move when he gets the puck. He actually skates into his man full throttle, forcing the defending player to take a penalty or let him go. He used that move midway through the overtime of a 4-4 game with Finland.

He had Daniel Briere in the open, but Heatley wanted the puck. He drove into his man at centre ice, and the Finn had to let him off with a small hook. He skated over the blueline, and drilled a powerful shot over the shoulder of Mika Noronen at 5:33 to give Canada a berth in the semi-finals on Saturday and send the Finns packing.

Full story to follow shortly on IHWC.NET.

Story (http://live82.ihwc.net/english/article/recaps/index.ihwc?&artId=1832)

Earthquake Enyart
05-06-2004, 12:51 PM
Danny Heatley should be in jail.

Ebenezer
05-06-2004, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
Danny Heatley should be in jail.

yup

Ð
05-06-2004, 02:50 PM
Yeah, what's up with that ? Why are they dragging their feet so much with his case ?

Ebenezer
05-06-2004, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Ð
Yeah, what's up with that ? Why are they dragging their feet so much with his case ?

In all honesty, where did it happen? I don't even remember...many courts in the US take loads and loads of time to get a docket.

Ð
05-06-2004, 03:16 PM
Hotlanta

realmendontwearteal
05-06-2004, 03:19 PM
the family in that case is not gonna charge dany with anything.....

realmendontwearteal
05-06-2004, 03:20 PM
the synder family is not pressing charges

SkateZilla
05-07-2004, 08:43 AM
1. He Wasnt Legally Drunk
2. Synder Fanily Dropped Charges
3. Only thing they have is Speeding and reckless Driving

He Got His $430 Speeding Ticket..

Reckless Driving was Dropped because no one Else was on the same road as him..

AS For the Goal..

What a ****** Puck Hog... danny briere was Open and Had a Breakaway if heatley woulda passed it to him... last thing mika wouldve expected was for danny to score on him.. (lmao)

I forgot the link.. but some article quoted briere on being a puck hog... so

Ebenezer
05-07-2004, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by SkateZilla
1. He Wasnt Legally Drunk
2. Synder Fanily Dropped Charges
3. Only thing they have is Speeding and reckless Driving

He Got His $430 Speeding Ticket..

Big news boys...he was driving a motor vehicle at an excessive speed and reckless manor that caused a death...if the state wanted to they could prosecute him for manslaughter...the family has nothing to say about it...and it has nothing to do with alcohol...

Ð
05-07-2004, 11:17 AM
I don't understand how the family has anything to do with it ?
If I killed Eb because I was messing around with his wife and his wife didn't want to press charges, then it's not like I'd get off scot-free.

Ebenezer
05-07-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Ð
I don't understand how the family has anything to do with it ?
If I killed Eb because I was messing around with his wife and his wife didn't want to press charges, then it's not like I'd get off scot-free.

um...thanks for using me as an example...

Ð
05-07-2004, 12:03 PM
Completely hypothetical, eb...

SkateZilla
05-07-2004, 05:46 PM
they dropped charges because it was comlete speculation...

The car he was driving dont have a MPH/KM/hour Recal Button, nor a RPM Recall Button..

Theres Also No Way of knowing if he lost control or not...

He Could've Swerved to Miss Eb Chasing D With a Butcher knife.. and Skidd'ed into the wall.. or he Coulda Had A Tire blow Out ETC ETC ETC...

Its been Dismissed already anyway.. and double Jepordy Law prevents them from trying again..

however.. the reason they say teh synder family saved his career, because the synder family dropped the charges..

Speculation and Circumstantial evidence isnt enough to convict you in Federal Court..

But The Double Jepordy says the same Dept. Cant Try You Twice..

If Synder Family woulda pressed charges he woulda lost in Civil Court..

I believe the same thing happened to O.J. He Was "not Guilty" by circumstantial evidence in federal court.. but the family pressed charges and he lost in civil court...

I Read somewhere that heatley said the condition of the road is what caused him to lose control..

He Did get a nice fine.. not to mention No PAY while he was out..