Bledsoe's salary posted on NFLPA website...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ickybaluky
    • Jul 2003

Bledsoe's salary posted on NFLPA website...

Here they are:

2004: $2.25M
    2005: $3.5M
    2006: $4.25M

Most of the articles show Bledsoe's first year cap number at about $4.3M. Assuming that the remainder of his cap number is made up of amortized signing bonus, that would put Bledsoe's signing bonus at $6M for the 3 seasons.
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

i havent seen his sb listed anywhere.. i would like to see that.. because if it is 6 million.. then we jsut dug ourselves a bigger hole and it will cost us 4 million to cut him next season.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
      Legendary Zoner
      • Jul 2002

So he gets $6 mil now instead of $7 in November?

And, given this structure, he'll probably get all 3 years.

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by NE39
        Here they are:

About time...it wasn't posted yesterday...

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
        So he gets $6 mil now instead of $7 in November?

And, given this structure, he'll probably get all 3 years.
        Intesting set up...Drew was set to make $5.9 mil in base salary this year...he would have then added $2 mil for the buy out or $7 mil if the Bills had opted for the bonus. Thus, he would have been paid $7.9 mil at the minumum and $12.9 mil at maximum. Either way his cap number would have been about $8 mil for 2004.

It appears that Drew will end up getting $8.25 mil this year (very similar to what he would have earned had they opted not to pick up the option).

However, the devil is in the details...the deal saves the Bills approx. $2.7 mil in 2005 (over what they would have had to pay DB had they exercised the bonus) and $2.0 mil in 2006. Not a bad deal if they wanted to keep DB long term. The only other way to save more money would have been to cut him out right before the beginning of the season. At which point, you have to answer the question of "who do you want at QB" (give me a realistic name or don't reply).

Originally posted by Tatonka
        i havent seen his sb listed anywhere.. i would like to see that.. because if it is 6 million.. then we jsut dug ourselves a bigger hole and it will cost us 4 million to cut him next season.
        Should the Bills decide to cut him after 2/1/05 they would save $1.5 mil on the salary cap (if his SB is truly amoritized at $2 mil a year). Again, the only other way to save more money would have been to cut him out right before the beginning of the season. The only way to ***** about this deal is to admit that you do not want DB as the Bills QB no matter the deal...if that is true please provide a legitimate alternative or don't reply.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• lordofgun
          in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

Eb

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• AdamJT13
            • Mar 2004

Bledsoe's signing bonus was $6.5 million. He also has roster bonuses of $1.05 million in each of 2005 and 2006, $750,000 in LTBE incentives for 2006 and an escalator clause that could increase his base salary in 2006.

His cap numbers --

2004 $4,416,666
            2005 $6,516,666
            2006 $8,316,668
            Last edited by AdamJT13; 05-06-2004, 03:50 PM.

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by AdamJT13
              Bledsoe's signing bonus was $6.5 million. He also has roster bonuses of $1.05 million in each of 2004 and 2006, $750,000 in LTBE incentives for 2006 and an escalator clause that could increase his base salary in 2006.

His cap numbers --

2004 $4,416,666
              2005 $6,516,666
              2006 $8,316,668
              Hmmm, where did you find those? I don't remember seeing it anywhere. I'm surprised that TD gave him a $6.5 million signing bonus. It seems a little high. Also, I heard that he does have a bunch of other bonuses and options in his contract.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                Give me a minute...
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
                Hmmm, where did you find those? I don't remember seeing it anywhere. I'm surprised that TD gave him a $6.5 million signing bonus. It seems a little high. Also, I heard that he does have a bunch of other bonuses and options in his contract.
                Mikey...the man knows what he speaks of...along with the numbers on NFLPA I would say those are EXTREMELY reliable...

Adam, welcome to the Zone!! Glad to have you aboard.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

His cap numbers --

2004 $4,416,666
                  2005 $6,516,666
                  2006 $8,316,668
                  I believe you meant he has a roster bonus in 2005 and 2006...Those are his cap numbers including the roster bonuses and LTBEs, correct?

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Bledsoe's signing bonus was $6.5 million. He also has roster bonuses of $1.05 million in each of 2004 and 2006, $750,000 in LTBE incentives for 2006 and an escalator clause that could increase his base salary in 2006.

His cap numbers --

2004 $4,416,666
                    2005 $6,516,666
                    2006 $8,316,668
                    Welcome. Don't worry about Mikey, he get's excited w/ the mere thought of "Disney on Ice" coming to town.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                      Welcome. Don't worry about Mikey, he get's excited w/ the mere thought of "Disney on Ice" coming to town.
                      bite me!

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                        • Jul 2002

His cap numbers --

2004 $4,416,666
                        2005 $6,516,666
                        2006 $8,316,668
                        He gets a 6.5 mill bonus? And people have been calling him a saint.

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Fairway To Green
                          He gets a 6.5 mill bonus? And people have been calling him a saint.
                          That's what I'm saying. If those are the right numbers...I'm very disappointed.

Comment

• AdamJT13
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Ebenezer

I believe you meant he has a roster bonus in 2005 and 2006...
                            Yes, sorry about the typo. I fixed it.

Those are his cap numbers including the roster bonuses and LTBEs, correct?
                            Correct.

Comment

• Goobylal
                              • Jan 2004

From where did you get the contract details? If true, then it's basically a 2-year contract for $11M, with $6.05M in cap savings in 2006, although with a $2.167M dead cap charge.

Comment

Working...
                              X