PDA

View Full Version : Freudian slip?

Mr. Miyagi
05-06-2004, 01:19 PM
Both AFC clubs flew him in for recent visits, and Slash speaks confidently of a decision being only days away.

But no matter what happens, this is pretty traumatic stuff if you've never had to wait to play football. A pay cut is probably in store. And for the first time since her arrived in Pittsburgh as a second-round pick almost a decade ago, Stewart won't be in play for the starting job.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writers/mike_fish/05/04/fish.kordell/index.html

:snicker:

bills_7
05-06-2004, 02:14 PM
if he comes cheap ill take him..... he will be a valuable guy to have on 3rd and short......

ryjam282
05-06-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by bills_7
if he comes cheap ill take him..... he will be a valuable guy to have on 3rd and short......

But now that Gilbride is gone, we won't be passing on 3rd and short so why would we need a running QB, he will now be giving the ball to Henry/McGahee...Even Travis Brown could do that.

Jan Reimers
05-06-2004, 02:27 PM
I don't think she would fit the Bills' new offense.

Novacane
05-06-2004, 03:08 PM
I think she would look good in teal and orange

Mr. Miyagi
05-06-2004, 03:33 PM
Actually I wouldn't mind bringing in Kordell for a year and put Losman on the shelf. Last thing you want to do is have Drew hurt for a couple of games and rush Losman in and crush his confidence.

Novacane
05-06-2004, 03:37 PM
thats why they have TB

Throne Logic
05-06-2004, 04:45 PM
Recent is all relative. That recent visit is most likely the time he spent in Buffalo a few weeks ago.

chernobylwraiths
05-06-2004, 05:20 PM
I have to say that I get tired of hearing the "kill their confidence" line. If they are NFL caliber players, they could screw up and learn from the experience. Troy Aikman, John Elway, Peyton Manning were "rushed" in and were awful in their first season. It didn't seem to bother them. The reason this is brought up is because of RJ. That guy had no confidence to begin with, or he didn't really care. Either way, a player either has confidence or he doesn't and no matter what he does on the field, he will take that information and use it to learn from. Besides, from what I have heard, Losman doesn't lack confidence so it should be the last thing we have to worry about.

No offense MM.

bills_7
05-06-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by ryjam282
But now that Gilbride is gone, we won't be passing on 3rd and short so why would we need a running QB, he will now be giving the ball to Henry/McGahee...Even Travis Brown could do that.

so whenever a 3 rd and 4 comes up ur saying they should hand the ball off, i dont think so.... maybe sometimes... if we keep running it teams will figure us out..... so if we bring in KS it will keep them guess what the play is gonna be on 3rd and short

HenryRules
05-06-2004, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by bills_7

so whenever a 3 rd and 4 comes up ur saying they should hand the ball off, i dont think so.... maybe sometimes... if we keep running it teams will figure us out..... so if we bring in KS it will keep them guess what the play is gonna be on 3rd and short

I don't like the idea of conistently switching our QB when we get to 3rd and short. Ok, maybe once or twice a game, bring a guy in to give a weird and different look, but switching QB's in and out can really disrupt a drive for the offense IMO.

BillsFanInMass
05-06-2004, 06:24 PM
The only way i would want him playing would be as a 4 receiver or 2nd rb for confusion we could pitch it to him and he can run or pass it. He is also good at returning punts. I definately rather have Travis Brown play qb then Kordell (ground ball) Stewart.

HenryRules
05-06-2004, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by BillsFanInMass
The only way i would want him playing would be as a 4 receiver or 2nd rb for confusion we could pitch it to him and he can run or pass it. He is also good at returning punts. I definately rather have Travis Brown play qb then Kordell (ground ball) Stewart.

Anyone remember what happened the last time Stewart started for Mularkey?

If Stewart didn't get so much hype because of "Slash" when he first started out, I think he'd be held in a lot higher esteem.

Cunningham was a decent backup in his latter years and he had the same issues as Kordell (yes, Randall was more talented in his prime, but his style completely changed by the end). Stewart would be a great pickup as a backup. What positive can you really say about Drew that you can't say about Kordell (both have been to the pro bowl, AFC championship games, both are coming off some tough times, etc.).

Michael82
05-06-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
thats why they have TB

:lol:

casdhf
05-07-2004, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
...... and crush his confidence.

This will not be a problem.

JefftheBillsfan
05-07-2004, 09:46 PM
lossman doesnt strike me as the guy who will EVER have his confidence crused.