LMAO! WGR550 must want to compete with the Simon & Brinson show!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

LMAO! WGR550 must want to compete with the Simon & Brinson show!

Right now, Entercom is broadcasting WGR550 on 107.7 FM (The former WNSA station). Now I have a choice.
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
    Right now, Entercom is broadcasting WGR550 on 107.7 FM (The former WNSA station). Now I have a choice.
    Entercom is going to change the format of WNSA...they just don't want to have nothing but dead air.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• lordofgun
      in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

If they were smart, they'd keep WNSA a sports station and switch WGR.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
        Entercom is going to change the format of WNSA...they just don't want to have nothing but dead air.
        They were broadcasting Sporting News radio since Friday and not dead air. I'm surprised they are doing this now.

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by lordofgun
          That would make a lot of sense. They get the Rochester sports market, if they did WGR55 on 107.7.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

I don't like their new concept. It's bills talk or nothing. I don't care about baseball, NBA ( I like watching it but not listening about it) and about the idiot who made that Tillman article. They kept giving this guy air time instead of letting it die
            Last edited by justasportsfan; 05-06-2004, 02:35 PM.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by lordofgun
              That would make a lot of sense. They get the Rochester sports market, if they did WGR55 on 107.7.
              won't matter...they are not going to stream it...it might reach Roch or Elmira but it is not going to help folks who used to listen over the internet...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• lordofgun
                in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                won't matter...they are not going to stream it...it might reach Roch or Elmira but it is not going to help folks who used to listen over the internet...
                It doesn't reach Elmira anyway.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                  • May 2003

They were probably losing in the ratings to Sporting News radio. Jim Rome hits the nail on the head when he calls these managers monkeys.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                    Give me a minute...
                    • Jul 2002

They were broadcasting Sporting News radio since Friday and not dead air. I'm surprised they are doing this now.
                    Tried listening again this morning...dead air...if they are simulcasting then it must only be Shoop and Bulldog.

Comment

• TigerJ
                      • Jul 2002

If they kept WNSA as a sports format and changed WGR, they would lose the Chautauqua County market because we don't get WNSA very well here. Let's say I'd be disappointed.
                      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TigerJ
                        If they kept WNSA as a sports format and changed WGR, they would lose the Chautauqua County market because we don't get WNSA very well here. Let's say I'd be disappointed.
                        At one time listeners could get WGR or WKBW radio all the way down the east coast...now I have trouble getting WGR at my house (in OP) after 9 PM and before 7 AM...there must be some regulation regarding their signal or they are saving money by turning it down.

Comment

• Bulldog
                          Top Dog
                          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by TigerJ
                          TigerJ, you anywhere near Bemis Pt.? My fathers side of the family has a cottage on Chautauqua Lake. I want to say it is in DeWittville, does that make sense?
                          I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

Working...
                          X