PDA

View Full Version : LMAO! WGR550 must want to compete with the Simon & Brinson show!

Michael82
05-06-2004, 02:10 PM
Right now, Entercom is broadcasting WGR550 on 107.7 FM (The former WNSA station). Now I have a choice. :D

Ebenezer
05-06-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Mikey82
Right now, Entercom is broadcasting WGR550 on 107.7 FM (The former WNSA station). Now I have a choice. :D

Entercom is going to change the format of WNSA...they just don't want to have nothing but dead air.

lordofgun
05-06-2004, 02:14 PM
If they were smart, they'd keep WNSA a sports station and switch WGR.

Michael82
05-06-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
Entercom is going to change the format of WNSA...they just don't want to have nothing but dead air.

They were broadcasting Sporting News radio since Friday and not dead air. I'm surprised they are doing this now.

Michael82
05-06-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun

That would make a lot of sense. They get the Rochester sports market, if they did WGR55 on 107.7.

justasportsfan
05-06-2004, 02:26 PM
I don't like their new concept. It's bills talk or nothing. I don't care about baseball, NBA ( I like watching it but not listening about it) and about the idiot who made that Tillman article. They kept giving this guy air time instead of letting it die:boring:

Ebenezer
05-06-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun

That would make a lot of sense. They get the Rochester sports market, if they did WGR55 on 107.7.

won't matter...they are not going to stream it...it might reach Roch or Elmira but it is not going to help folks who used to listen over the internet...

lordofgun
05-06-2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
won't matter...they are not going to stream it...it might reach Roch or Elmira but it is not going to help folks who used to listen over the internet...

It doesn't reach Elmira anyway. :(

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-06-2004, 04:22 PM
They were probably losing in the ratings to Sporting News radio. Jim Rome hits the nail on the head when he calls these managers monkeys.

Ebenezer
05-07-2004, 07:45 AM
They were broadcasting Sporting News radio since Friday and not dead air. I'm surprised they are doing this now.

Tried listening again this morning...dead air...if they are simulcasting then it must only be Shoop and Bulldog.

TigerJ
05-07-2004, 08:01 AM
If they kept WNSA as a sports format and changed WGR, they would lose the Chautauqua County market because we don't get WNSA very well here. Let's say I'd be disappointed.

Ebenezer
05-07-2004, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by TigerJ
If they kept WNSA as a sports format and changed WGR, they would lose the Chautauqua County market because we don't get WNSA very well here. Let's say I'd be disappointed.

At one time listeners could get WGR or WKBW radio all the way down the east coast...now I have trouble getting WGR at my house (in OP) after 9 PM and before 7 AM...there must be some regulation regarding their signal or they are saving money by turning it down.

Bulldog
05-07-2004, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by TigerJ

TigerJ, you anywhere near Bemis Pt.? My fathers side of the family has a cottage on Chautauqua Lake. I want to say it is in DeWittville, does that make sense?