PDA

View Full Version : Jennings,Schobel, and Williams.......

Kolbiss
05-07-2004, 09:57 AM
With the extra money we now have, which of the three do you think it should be focused on(assuming we can only sign one)

:100:

Tatonka
05-07-2004, 09:59 AM
i dont know that it will matter.. the bills are great.. i am sure whoever steps in for them will do wonderful too. Bledsoe is gonna be great this year so it wont matter!

dont want to speak any negative tiresome words.. people will start crying again.

Kolbiss
05-07-2004, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i dont know that it will matter.. the bills are great.. i am sure whoever steps in for them will do wonderful too. Bledsoe is gonna be great this year so it wont matter!

dont want to speak any negative tiresome words.. people will start crying again.

Ok MR Politicly Correct (J/K)!! If you were in charge T, who would you keep!!

clumping platelets
05-07-2004, 10:02 AM
I would try Schobel first, then P. Williams. Jennings has already expressed an interest in joining Peerless in ATL. Besides, his injury history concerns me and he's likely to want big time cash

Tatonka
05-07-2004, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by danny4804
Ok MR Politicly Correct (J/K)!! If you were in charge T, who would you keep!!

schobel is the only one we need to worry about locking up early.

Kolbiss
05-07-2004, 10:08 AM
schobel is the only one we need to worry about locking up early.

that wasn't so hard...was it!!! (by the way, I agree....only because I don't think we can keep Jennings, and PW is getting kind of old)

Shiny Chicken
05-07-2004, 10:24 AM
that wasn't so hard...was it!!! (by the way, I agree....only because I don't think we can keep Jennings, and PW is getting kind of old)

Why don't you think we can keep Jennings?

Kolbiss
05-07-2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Shiny Chicken
Why don't you think we can keep Jennings?

Mainly because of his expressed intrest to play in Atlanta. I personally don't think he wants to be here.

Kolbiss
05-07-2004, 10:32 AM
I't hard to work out a contract with someone who doesn't want to be here.......ie peerless price/winfield

clumping platelets
05-07-2004, 10:43 AM
Marcellus Wiley as well

Tatonka
05-07-2004, 10:43 AM

pat williams will not need a huge deal.. i think we resign him.. but after this season.. if his skills deminish, them maybe we dont resign him..

Mainly because of his expressed intrest to play in Atlanta. I personally don't think he wants to be here.

players want to be on winners.. we have not been a winner since jennings has been here.. the best we have done is 8-8... all the free agents taht are coming up in the next few years and the free agents that we will look to bring in are going to consider that.. we will have to pay them more money than a team like new england would..

if we show jennings the money he will stay.. or if we actually look like a competent team that is going from 6-10 to 9-7, and not a team that is giong from 8-8 to 6-10.

TypicalBill
05-07-2004, 10:49 AM

Did he say that publicly??

ShadowHawk7
05-07-2004, 10:54 AM
Also we might want to start working out a long time deal for Clements.

justasportsfan
05-07-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by TypicalBill

Did he say that publicly?? evertime he coughed....:cough: falcons :cough: :idunno:

Kolbiss
05-07-2004, 11:03 AM
Did he say that publicly??

Pretty much...yeah

TypicalBill
05-07-2004, 11:23 AM
Pretty much...yeah

Even though ive never read/heard that before, ill take your word for it.... i cant root for a player who doesn't want to be here.

Kolbiss
05-07-2004, 11:43 AM
Even though ive never read/heard that before, ill take your word for it.... i cant root for a player who doesn't want to be here.

I can't find the article, but he was born in Georgia, and played college ball there, and once expressed interest of returning "home"

Tatonka
05-07-2004, 11:53 AM
I can't find the article, but he was born in Georgia, and played college ball there, and once expressed interest of returning "home"

it was actually said on the radio last year after peerless left to go there.. i heard it.. and it was not like he was saying.. i really want to be in atlanta!!.. he was saying that yeah.. it would be cool to play in his home town.. but i disagree with the assessment that he just wants to go to atlanta.. we dont even know if they want him.

lets just wait and see before jumping to conclusions.

Kolbiss
05-07-2004, 11:56 AM
it was actually said on the radio last year after peerless left to go there.. i heard it.. and it was not like he was saying.. i really want to be in atlanta!!.. he was saying that yeah.. it would be cool to play in his home town.. but i disagree with the assessment that he just wants to go to atlanta.. we dont even know if they want him.

lets just wait and see before jumping to conclusions.

True, and I am not trying to say he hates Buffalo, I just get that feeling after what has happened in years past, that when a player hints at wanting to be somewhere.......typically they mean it.

DraftBoy
05-07-2004, 12:21 PM
#1. ATL does not need Jennings they have a very solid line in Garza, Forney, Bilba, Kendall. Also coach Jim Mora likes some of the youngsters they have there.

#2. I think Jennings will be resigned along with Patty and Aaron.

#3. No way in hell do I wanna give Clements along term deal until he can get more consistent intercepting the ball. He takes too many gambles, misses too many tackles, and is not that good on 1-on-1 coverage.

Kolbiss
05-07-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by DraftBoy
#1. ATL does not need Jennings they have a very solid line in Garza, Forney, Bilba, Kendall. Also coach Jim Mora likes some of the youngsters they have there.

#3. No way in hell do I wanna give Clements along term deal until he can get more consistent intercepting the ball. He takes too many gambles, misses too many tackles, and is not that good on 1-on-1 coverage.

Hey buddy, I hope you are right. I want them all, but let's face it.....Buffalo is not an Atlanta or New York or San Diego. When it comes to weather, and National attention, we don't have to much pull. There will always be players that want to play on big market teams. I live in Idaho, and I have been to Buffalo, and think it is a nice place. If I was not a Bills fan and had the choice to play there or in San Diego.........No offense guys, but I am going the beach!!!

Kolbiss
05-07-2004, 01:58 PM
I don't think Clements is that bad!!

THenry2034
05-07-2004, 10:25 PM
We gotta get Schobel signed before the end of the summer...the guy has progressed every year he has been in the league and I don't see him going down in production any time soon. Then we gotta get Jennings next. Yeah....the injuries are a little worrisum, but the guy is a solid left tackle. He's a young talent who like Schobel, I see nothing but improvment coming from him. Williams, on the other hand, is the question mark. Donahoe has always been one to let veterans walk instead of giving them the big money. If we can get him to stay for a decent price...then I have no problem with keeping him here. But if he wants an exorbitant amount of money to stay here....I say let him walk. Watch Krumrie actually do something with Anderson....he was pretty productive at Ohio State for a DT. Maybe he can be something more than a Justin Bannan clone.

Clements though......I think if he does show to be more consistant as the year goes on, without question we gotta think about resigning him at the end of this season. Yeah...he takes risks, but what CB doesn't. And he misses too many tackles....granted he misses a decent amount for a starting CB, but look at the ones where he stops the guy for a two yard gain or a stop in the backfield. But once again...he has to show more consistancy towards these things. Hopefully though, Troy Vincent will show him what it takes to be put together a good 16 game season and not just a good 8 games and then an average or below average 8.

juice
05-07-2004, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by DraftBoy

Clements and Spikes are the defensive studs.. One of the few with "Big Play" ability.

BillsFever
05-08-2004, 03:17 AM
The only one I'm worried about re-signing is Schobel.

Jennings is injured too much and isn't spectacular while he is playing. He's been good but not great. Not worth the money it would take to bring him back.

Williams will be like 32 or 33. Unless it was for a cheap contract he can walk too. DT's don't hold up forever. If he wants anywhere close to big bucks then show him the door.

McBFLO
05-08-2004, 07:27 AM
I think Schobel is most important, then I'd say Jennings. The guy is so versatile on the O-line. Plus, I have to admit, he's done a damn good job against the better DEs he's faced.

The_Philster
05-09-2004, 04:41 PM
I'd say Schobel first.
Williams would be my second choice but I would imagine that they drafted Tim Anderson with the idea that we might lose Williams...we also have Gibson at DT as well.
With Jennings, we have a very solid backup in Marcus Price who could step in and not miss a beat.

HenryRules
05-09-2004, 04:45 PM
I don't really care if we re-sign Jennings or not. He's the best OL on our team, but I don't think he's a franchise LT by any measurement at all and I'd much rather we try and find someone else to play there.

I really think that an LT is one of the most important positions on a team, and I don't think Jennings is the type of LT that can anchor a line - I'd like him as an RT, where I think he was above average, but I don't think he'll ever play RT again because the payday won't be the same.