PDA

View Full Version : Rookie QB's will not Shine.

casdhf
05-07-2004, 11:21 AM
Giants: 5-11
Chargers: 4-12

:offtopic:

Ebenezer
05-07-2004, 11:23 AM
no disagreement here...Pittsburgh will be no better than 7-9 with Big Ben...same reason I don't want the Bills to start Losman.

casdhf
05-07-2004, 11:27 AM
You think he'll play over Maddox? I bet Tommy is on the field in week 1.

juice
05-07-2004, 11:28 AM
Wasn't Maddox re-signed in Pitts... They will be a .500 club.

Losman was the best choice in Rd. 1 because his selection doesn't upset the pre-existing QB situation and divide the organization.

TypicalBill
05-07-2004, 11:37 AM
Rivers will struggle, he doesn't have any WR's around him.... he does have LT though, that should help with playaction and such but not much. ("such but not much" :bravo: genious)

Giants are already having problems adjusting to life under Coughlin... They'll finish last in their conference unless they find a capable experienced starter for this upcoming season.

TigerJ
05-07-2004, 11:57 AM
Agreed on the impact of rookie QBs. Also agree on the impact of Coughlin. The Giants remind me of my wife. When we ride in the car and my wife is a little cold, she turns the heat way up. In a few minutes she's roasting and turns it way down. Before long, she's cold again. If I'm cold, I turn it up a little and then give it a chance to work. If after a few minutes I'm still cold, I may turn it up a little more. I figured out that if you have a little adjustment to make, overkill is probably worse than no adjustment at all. The Giants apparently had a discipline problem under Jim Fassel (Anyone still want him as head coach?) Instead of bringing in someone who would institue a moderate upgrade in discipline, they bring in Tom "Drill Sergeant" Coughlin. They're going to have a rebellion on their hands before too long and the Giants will be looking for a new coach again in a couple years. Mike Mularkey is looking better all the time.

Mr. Miyagi
05-07-2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by TypicalBill
("such but not much" :bravo: genious)
Genius.

TypicalBill
05-07-2004, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
Genius.

yeah, what he said....

:couch:

The_Philster
05-09-2004, 04:04 PM
Manning is looking awful so far in Giants Camp...Palmer still has a strong hold on the starting job. :snicker: Serves the little jerk right.

HenryRules
05-09-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
Manning is looking awful so far in Giants Camp...Palmer still has a strong hold on the starting job. :snicker: Serves the little jerk right.

What did Manning do wrong? He never signed a contract with SD and told them that he wouldn't play there (it was SD that went public - he never told the media). The rules perfectly spell out that he was allowed to do it and he would have lost millions in the process. Players get criticized for going for the money, now they get criticized for not going for the money ... what are they supposed to do? Act like little *****es and completely give up any say whatsoever in where/how they earn their living?

I have never seen such jealousy of the rich in the US as I have in all the criticisms of Manning.

shelby
05-09-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by HenryRules
What did Manning do wrong? He never signed a contract with SD and told them that he wouldn't play there (it was SD that went public - he never told the media). The rules perfectly spell out that he was allowed to do it and he would have lost millions in the process. Players get criticized for going for the money, now they get criticized for not going for the money ... what are they supposed to do? Act like little *****es and completely give up any say whatsoever in where/how they earn their living?

I have never seen such jealousy of the rich in the US as I have in all the criticisms of Manning.

Excellent point.

The_Philster
05-09-2004, 05:36 PM

No one's jealous of Manning. :rolleyes: Some of us just think he's alittle too full of himself telling the league where he'll play. He's a :angry: rookie and he's supposed to play for whomever drafts him or not play at all. The little :censored:

HenryRules
05-09-2004, 06:39 PM

He's a :angry: rookie and he's supposed to play for whomever drafts him or not play at all.

Isn't that precisely what he did? He said he wouldn't play for SD. That's "either playing for whomever drafts you or not at all".

The_Philster
05-09-2004, 07:07 PM
Isn't that precisely what he did? He said he wouldn't play for SD. That's "either playing for whomever drafts you or not at all".
So you think that rookies should run the league? If he just didn't want to play for the Chargers, all he had to do was stink it up at the end of the college season. Everyone knew from the end of the NFL season that there was a good chance the Chargers would take him. I guess you and i are just different...I believe the league should be running the league...not unproven rookies.

HenryRules
05-09-2004, 07:33 PM

So you think that rookies should run the league? If he just didn't want to play for the Chargers, all he had to do was stink it up at the end of the college season. Everyone knew from the end of the NFL season that there was a good chance the Chargers would take him. I guess you and i are just different...I believe the league should be running the league...not unproven rookies.

Who made up the rule? I believe that was a league thing. So if a rookie following the league rules is a rookie running the league, then I guess I think that rookie's should run the league.

You're changing your complaint against Eli right now and doing very little to refute my suggestion that your feelings are nothing but jealousy.

The_Philster
05-09-2004, 07:42 PM
Who made up the rule? I believe that was a league thing. So if a rookie following the league rules is a rookie running the league, then I guess I think that rookie's should run the league.

You're changing your complaint against Eli right now and doing very little to refute my suggestion that your feelings are nothing but jealousy.

:lol: Haven't changed a thing but nice try avoiding the debate. The best draft pick, as judged by the teams, usually goes to the worst team...it's been that way for so long and for you to suggest that the rookies get to say where they are to go (if I'm reading you right) is something I can't help but wonder about. To suggest I'm jealous...based on the fact that the kid is full of himself? :shakeno:

HenryRules
05-09-2004, 08:57 PM

:lol: Haven't changed a thing but nice try avoiding the debate. The best draft pick, as judged by the teams, usually goes to the worst team...it's been that way for so long and for you to suggest that the rookies get to say where they are to go (if I'm reading you right) is something I can't help but wonder about. To suggest I'm jealous...based on the fact that the kid is full of himself? :shakeno:

I'm not avoiding the debate ... seeing as I was the one that started it, I'll re-post the original question for you:

Manning did everything according to the rules. You still have yet to talk about why Manning shouldn't be able to follow those rules. What, those rules are defined so that no one can use them?:shakeno:

The_Philster
05-09-2004, 09:04 PM
Manning did everything according to the rules. You still have yet to talk about why Manning shouldn't be able to follow those rules. What, those rules are defined so that no one can use them?:shakeno:
The point is, Manning acts as if he should get to make the rules instead of the league...What makes him so special? He's got a big head because of his name and what he did at Ole Miss..that's a character issue, IMO. I just wish we didn't have to wait until 2007 to play this prima donna.

I still fail to see where you get this stupid notion that anyone is jealous of him. He's a prima donna little punk who deserves any punishment the NFL's defensive ends can give him.

HenryRules
05-09-2004, 09:07 PM

The point is, Manning acts as if he should get to make the rules instead of the league...What makes him so special?

What rule did he change/break/whatever? He followed the damned rules - he didn't try to change them at all. If that's your point, it's ridiculous.

He's got a big head because of his name and what he did at Ole Miss..that's a character issue, IMO. I just wish we didn't have to wait until 2007 to play this prima donna.
Nope, no jealousy whatsoever. He follows the rules to a 'T'; doesn't come public with anything; even after SD tries to make him look like a brat, he still won't say anything bad about the org., but he's got a big head. No jealousy at all.

I still fail to see where you get this stupid notion that anyone is jealous of him. He's a prima donna little punk who deserves any punishment the NFL's defensive ends can give him.

See above.

The_Philster
05-09-2004, 09:25 PM
Won't say anything bad about them...then why won't he play for them? No jealousy...I just hate prima donnas and character problems.
Your past posts on other players indicate to me you don't have a problem with character issues...that's your choice but making stupid statements about people who don't feel the same way.... :shakeno:. :cynic:

HenryRules
05-10-2004, 07:05 AM
Won't say anything bad about them...then why won't he play for them? No jealousy...I just hate prima donnas and character problems.
Your past posts on other players indicate to me you don't have a problem with character issues...that's your choice but making stupid statements about people who don't feel the same way.... :shakeno:. :cynic:

Make up your mind on your complaint about Eli!!

First it's "He's a rookie and he's supposed to play for whomever drafts him or not play at all".

Then it's pointed out that's exactly what he did.

Then your complaint is: "So you think that rookies should run the league? If he just didn't want to play for the Chargers, all he had to do was stink it up at the end of the college season".

Then it's pointed out that the league made the rules and all he did was follow them.

Now it's that Eli has bad character because he discreetly told SD that he didn't want to play for them instead of going public.

So according to your posts, Eli would have no character issues if he did one of the following:
- tank the end of the college season.
- go to the papers instead of SD management about his problems with the team.

Yeah, you're a good judge of character.

And considering that you hate Eli for no reason that holds up to scrutiny, yet continue to change your reason for hating him - all that I'm left with is jealousy. (Insert Phil's great choice of smilie here)

Herdwatcher
05-10-2004, 08:01 AM
No one's jealous of Manning. :rolleyes: Some of us just think he's alittle too full of himself telling the league where he'll play. He's a :angry: rookie and he's supposed to play for whomever drafts him or not play at all. The little :censored:

What happened to the Iron fist of the league. If I remember right, there once was a Qb Rookie who didn't want to play in Buffalo. The team along with the league said fine, you just wont play in the NFL. And if you do want to play in the NFL no matter that may be,, you will play for the Bills!! Whatever happened with that?
I can't believe the Chargers gace in like they did.. Not a strong stance at all. boo Chargers BOO!!!

eyedog
05-10-2004, 08:32 AM
If you don't like prima donnas you must of hated those early 1990's Bills teams. They had more than the whole league combined.
Manning had the "hammer" and he used it, most of the team the team and league has it. In the end the team will stick it to the player.