PDA

View Full Version : Boston may not start for fins

the dude
05-07-2004, 03:30 PM
fanball link (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=fanball-dolphinsheaintheavyh&prov=fanball&type=lgns)

"Wanny went on to suggest that Boston will not be handed a starting job opposite Chris Chambers and that his play and effort in offseason camps will determine his role."

I really shouldn't take solace in another team's misery - but it IS the fins. If he ever did get his act together, he and Chambers would move to the head of the class in the division ... I just don't see it happening though.

Tatonka
05-07-2004, 03:32 PM
wow.. that is funny.

anyone care to take wagers on if boston will be starting?

this is all talk to get boston to stop being lazy in practice i think.. but he will be the starter.. no question.

but it is still funny to see them struggling with him.

hopefully he will only be as good as he was last year.

RUDEbyallMEANS
05-07-2004, 04:11 PM
Don't see what is so surprising.

Wannstedt does not want to "hand" Boston a starting role. He has to earn it. His desire will show if he's up to it. If/when he is, Miami's passing game will be that much better.

Mr. Miyagi
05-07-2004, 04:26 PM
I'm not that worried about Boston.

1) He's a cancer. Even if he plays okay he'll cause all kinds of distraction in the locker room.

2) He's always hurt. Chances are even if he's the starter in the first game, he won't play more than 8 games all year.

3) He's a bum. With his attitude and lack of motivation and team concept, he may not even get the starting job. If that happens, he'll gripe about it through the media all season long and disrupt the team.

Bottom line: Boston is bad news one way or another, and the team will suffer.

:lolpoint: Phish

ShadowHawk7
05-07-2004, 07:15 PM
Who would be a viable 2nd WR for the fins then? I think I agree w/ T on this one.

Samphin1
05-07-2004, 07:45 PM
Please bills fans. The fact that Wanny said it says it all. This is Wanny speak for, " Boston will be a starter unless his legs fall off, and even then he gets a chance to compete for it." This is just to try to motivate Boston further. I will believe it when I see it, quite frankly.

thefixer74
05-07-2004, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
wow.. that is funny.

anyone care to take wagers on if boston will be starting?

this is all talk to get boston to stop being lazy in practice i think.. but he will be the starter.. no question.

but it is still funny to see them struggling with him.

hopefully he will only be as good as he was last year.

-I would bet that he will be the starter.They don't have anyone else.

BillsFever
05-08-2004, 03:21 AM
Some people will believe anything they read.

Unless Boston can't make the field due to an injury he will be starting. Sleep the wet dreams away.

don137
05-08-2004, 06:03 AM
I just do not see Boston as the type of person that takes that type of motivational speech from Wanny and have it as a positive influence.
There is a reason why the Cardinals and Chargers did not want him. He is bad for team chemistry and a cancer.

If I recall the fins offered an incentive laden contract and other than having a cancer in the locker room they won't face a hard salary cap hit if he does not pan out.

Samphin1
05-08-2004, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by don137
I just do not see Boston as the type of person that takes that type of motivational speech from Wanny and have it as a positive influence.
There is a reason why the Cardinals and Chargers did not want him. He is bad for team chemistry and a cancer.

If I recall the fins offered an incentive laden contract and other than having a cancer in the locker room they won't face a hard salary cap hit if he does not pan out.

You are correct. If Boston does in fact, happen to crap out in Miami, he costs us next to nothing to rid ourselves of him. However, I don't anticipate any of that happening anytime soon.

I agree with you as well about the Wanny, motivational thing. I think Wanny is a grade A moron if he thinks this approach will work.