PDA

View Full Version : Wow, what a pick...

Mr. Miyagi
05-08-2004, 12:09 AM
The Redskins picked the right guy...

http://i.cnn.net/si/2004/writers/don_banks/04/25/winners.losers/p1_sean_taylor_ap.jpg

Holy crap I'd say this guy is better than Lawyer a little bit.....:eek:

mypoorfriendme
05-08-2004, 02:12 AM
second best player in the draft, there was 0% chance we could have landed him without moving up to number 5

BillsOwnAll
05-08-2004, 07:13 AM
You never know if he will be good in the NFL.

ryjam282
05-08-2004, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by BillsOwnAll
You never know if he will be good in the NFL.

Oh, don't worry about Sean Taylor....He will be GREAT in the NFL for many years to come. He is a solid tackler and one of the best covering safeties I have ever seen. He is ALWAYS around the ball and makes some unbelievable interceptions sometimes as well. The Skins will be a lot better with him in the secondary. But, I couldn't imagine him and Champ Bailey, that would have just been unbeatable so at least half that equation is gone. But Sean is a going to be twice the player Roy Williams was for Dallas in his rookie season. You'll see....

mypoorfriendme
05-08-2004, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by ryjam282
Oh, don't worry about Sean Taylor....He will be GREAT in the NFL for many years to come. He is a solid tackler and one of the best covering safeties I have ever seen. He is ALWAYS around the ball and makes some unbelievable interceptions sometimes as well. The Skins will be a lot better with him in the secondary. But, I couldn't imagine him and Champ Bailey, that would have just been unbeatable so at least half that equation is gone. But Sean is a going to be twice the player Roy Williams was for Dallas in his rookie season. You'll see....

well i think thats a little premature, but i do think taylor is as much of a lock to be atleast good as any player ever. the only thnig that hell have a tough time adjusting to is the speed of most recievers in the nfl (he ran in the high 4.5's) and the power of the running backs. taylor might be just a tad too aggressive and miss some tackles sometimes and occasionally get run over by a RB, but hell, which safety doesnt

elltrain22
05-08-2004, 01:15 PM
Sean Taylor will be an awesome player in this league. The skins definelty got a good one.

BuffaloRanger
05-10-2004, 12:54 AM
...unless he gets injured.

R. Rich
05-10-2004, 12:46 PM
I wish we could have drafted Taylor. He was the best available player in the entire draft. If he stays healthy, he will be great.

Forward_Lateral
05-10-2004, 01:26 PM
I agree with Taylor being the best available player. He's been compared to Ray Lewis and Roy Williams. He's going to be one of the best safeties to ever step on the field.