PDA

View Full Version : Madden 2005 info...

elltrain22
05-08-2004, 01:14 PM
Last years game had an awesome owner mode, and this year they are expanding upon that idea, by adding a story line feature which is basically a thing you can go to to see how your local newspapers think about your team, and it even has a sports talk radio show ( hosted by Tony Bruno ) on this years game. There is a video of this feature on

www.ign.com

go to search and type in madden 2005, and go to the videos link and you can view it for yourself. it is worth checking out..

sorry i can't do the link, but i am at work now, and cant' go to that website.

BlueFire
05-08-2004, 02:20 PM
this looks freaking badass, I can't wait!

mypoorfriendme
05-08-2004, 04:58 PM
madden 2005 - :drool:

Turf
05-09-2004, 10:22 PM
If they don't add computer initiated trades like every other EA sports title, its all for moot.

mypoorfriendme
05-09-2004, 11:43 PM
last year all you had to do is put someone on the trading block

mypoorfriendme
05-09-2004, 11:45 PM
the only thing i think they should do is have more people like brady who were drafted late, but still can turn out to be a 95 overall if given the chance. also it would be nice to see someone able to get drafted for a lot just because of a half a season or even jsut one game (rob johnson)

B-DON
05-10-2004, 01:56 AM
omg i cant fricken wait

Turf
05-10-2004, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
last year all you had to do is put someone on the trading block
Yes but you were initiating the trades.
The computer teams do not offer trades, and never trade among themselves, like EA Hockey for instance.

THATHURMANATOR
05-10-2004, 09:24 AM
That would be awesome. One of the last things left they haven't already done. In MVP Baseball they initiate trades all the time.

Dantheman1280
05-10-2004, 10:39 AM
when does it come out??

bills_7
05-10-2004, 11:41 AM
i think in early aug

mikemac2001
05-10-2004, 11:48 AM
13th of aug i cant wait, i could care less about owner mode or franchise, they better improve the online defense and fix the DE's just blowing by oline

R. Rich
05-10-2004, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by mikemac2001
13th of aug i cant wait, i could care less about owner mode or franchise, they better improve the online defense and fix the DE's just blowing by oline

I'm not that crazy about the online stuff.

THATHURMANATOR
05-10-2004, 12:47 PM
The owners mode is my favorite thing about the game.

Turf
05-10-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
The owners mode is my favorite thing about the game.

Me too. I don't even play the game, I watch the CPU play itself after I draft the teams and make all the moves. I usually sim right to the playoffs, then watch the playoff games with the accelerated clock, which is another critical feature they need to leave in the game and improve.
This is where ESPN football falls short, the offensive CPU teams snap the ball with 20+ seconds usually left on the play clock. Even in the no huddle days the Bills did not snap the ball with 20+secs left. Amazing to me that year after year with all the attention given to detail that very few sport titles try to compensate for this.
Front Page Sorts Football from the early 90's had the best accelerated play clock. After you broke the huddle the teams gets to the line and the clock rapidly clicks down to 10 secs left. Enough time to audible.
Then the CPU snaps the ball under 2 secs, just like the real NFL.

qcsabresfan84
05-10-2004, 02:38 PM
the only thing i think they should do is have more people like brady who were drafted late, but still can turn out to be a 95 overall if given the chance. also it would be nice to see someone able to get drafted for a lot just because of a half a season or even jsut one game (rob johnson)

i was able to draft a quarterback late in the 3rd round who turned out to be the league mvp the next season on my franchise. I worked out really well. I cut Bledsoe (a few years into the franchise) because i couldnt afford him anymore, signed steve mcnair, and drafted one in the third round. Mcnair started for a year and then the rookie took over sophmore season and kicked ass.

McBFLO
05-10-2004, 03:53 PM
anyone else find it impossible to stop the pass sometimes? i hope they improve that. the computer trading with each other would make it kick ass too. also if they allowed you to trade future yers draft picks during the draft would make it better. having said this, the game is still sweet as hell!

mypoorfriendme
05-10-2004, 05:33 PM
yeah, ive always had those problems with madden...not only does spikes get 70 tackles at best for the season, but pat williams might get 30. and with my db's, theyll all be 90+ and still allow 300+ yards a game while they can only run for 10.

McBFLO
05-10-2004, 06:33 PM
yeah, ive always had those problems with madden...not only does spikes get 70 tackles at best for the season, but pat williams might get 30. and with my db's, theyll all be 90+ and still allow 300+ yards a game while they can only run for 10.

couldn't have said it better myself...

matt
05-11-2004, 11:05 AM
I agree with all that about a ton of passing yards, however every game someone has like 6 ints, I dont play the games either but I watch every one in sim mode also the tackling problem is taken care of if you play 15 min quarters rather then 5. I wish they would do away with the attribute rankings, have all the measurables such as 40 time, height and weight and college stats. then make decisions on drafting according to what your scouts say not by an overall rating. Pay should also go by what a guy does on the field and not his attribute. Of course I am 30 and my wife hollars at me for playing and not giving my sons a turn.